Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Replacement Wiper Blades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The U.S. is LHD. We drive on the right, but controls are on the left, and that's what LHD refers to. So that listing should work for you!
Thanks. Kind of feel like an idiot, but its not entirely my fault! I searched "left hand drive" and Google's first result was LHT. Didn't think twice about it, thought I read LHD not LHT. Thanks Google!

1664572489326.png

Reactions: evannole
”TO” being the acoustic Tesla Spec correct? I believe “NO” is the Porsche Spec.

Ski

I went on the app to purchase new blades for my '21.

It says wipers not compatible with tesoa in my account?

I only have the 1 car in my account.

Do they fit only certain year model 3's ?
I think you are fine. I went into the Tesla site and put the ww in my cart, I have a 2021 also, no problems.
If you are unsure, and have a service center nearby, stop in and purchase them at the service center, they carry them in stock. In fact, a friend of mine did this and they service writer put them on the car for my friend.

Reactions: navguy12
I learned a lesson many years ago about trying to save a few dollars and not buy the OEM blades.
If you buy non-Tesla, they may not fit right, may need some adapters and just do not clear water the same.
Don’t be penny wise and dollar foolish, buy the Tesla ones and have peace of mind.
My '21 wipers have been going strong for a year and a half, so I think I will stick with OEM for this particular part. Also using the same floor jack that they're repair people use as well as Prestone washer fluid.

People love to try to fix what ain't broken - years of cheap OEM parts from big automakers trying to save a buck on every vehicle have convinced people that OEM parts couldn't be high-quality. But Tesla knows clear vision in the rain is important for the safety of their customers and so they provide high-quality Bosch wipers and don't worry about the few extra bucks it costs them per car.

We have had both of our Model 3's for 3 years and they both still have the original OEM blades on them. Since we live in NW Washington they come on quite often and they are both still working like new. I have a low tolerance for noises, streaks and poor vision so I'll replace them at the first instance of them not working well. Since it's been a 3 full years and the wet winter season is approaching maybe I'll just replace them pro-actively. I've heard the install is dead simple.
I was surprised to see you stated you are in WA. My car is brand new and I am looking at buying Bosch Focus. I had them on my Nissan and were amazing. But it had the simple J hook and no adapter replacement needed. I think the OEM blades are (poop emoji).
Has anyone used the expensive Bosch Focus?

I wanted to install the Bosch Focus. I had them on my Nissan and were amazing in WA state. I went to buy them because my 2 month old wipers don’t wipe well in heavy rain but they don’t come with adapters, only the Icon OE does.

Someone else posted that the OE were branded as Bosch Icon. If that is true, I don’t see the point in less the OE is a cheaper version …like a Costco version.

Installed the Bosch prue vision PUV 19 and PUV 26 from O'Reilly Auto Parts today as my OEM year old blades were beginning to streak and smear. $38 for both. I installed myself. Took less than 30 minutes. Probably could do next set in five :)
Thanks to whomever advised using included adapter number 6. Snap off the big adapter included on the new blades, and pop in adapter 66 onto the new blade. . All the other adapters included are not used. So far so good.
Which model do you have? $28/pair? They are over $38 ea now! I did not see any adapters in the package today, so I don’t buy them. Do you have a Model 3?

I wanted to install the Bosch Focus. I had them on my Nissan and were amazing in WA state. I went to buy them because my 2 month old wipers don’t wipe well in heavy rain but they don’t come with adapters, only the Icon OE does.

Someone else posted that the OE were branded as Bosch Icon. If that is true, I don’t see the point in less the OE is a cheaper version …like a Costco version.
All three of our Model 3's are from 2018 and there is nothing "cheap" about the wiper blades.

Did Tesla start using different blades on later model years?

I am less concerned about adapter fitment (though no mods would be nice) and more about quality of the wipe. The Bosch Icons have historically been regarded by the Tesla community as the best replacement blades you can get (for S and X). I have verified that they do indeed work a ton better than Tesla's stock blade for Model S.

I'd be curious to know how the Bosch PureVision blades work. @carl_o you installed these right? Any noticeable difference between them and the Tesla stock blade?

I just purchased also. It’s a pair in one box and most store sell them separately. Best way is Oder online with the auto parts store you prefer and it will direct you to the store that has in in stock. If not, it may be another day to get from their warehouse.
It was like $25. Has a tiny gold printed Bosch

Having read how difficult it is to get good blades, I also use sand paper but a much finer grit. 5 years on our ICE car and sill perfect. You've reminded me to smooth down the Tesla blades for the winter. Cures chatter, too.

New trick for me -- thanks.
I was under the impression that modern blades have a silicon coating. Is this incorrect ?
What grit size do you use ?

Reactions: navguy12