Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Replacement Wiper Blades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am less concerned about adapter fitment (though no mods would be nice) and more about quality of the wipe. The Bosch Icons have historically been regarded by the Tesla community as the best replacement blades you can get (for S and X). I have verified that they do indeed work a ton better than Tesla's stock blade for Model S.

I'd be curious to know how the Bosch PureVision blades work. @carl_o you installed these right? Any noticeable difference between them and the Tesla stock blade?

I'm a fan of just replacing the rubber insert. I remove the wiper arm from the car for my convenience because I find it difficult to work in the sun and bent over the car -- it is one bolt.

Much cheaper, and a lot less plastic waste.
--
Here is (I think) the OEM part though: 2018 TESLA 3 ELECTRIC Wiper Blade | RockAuto

Which part would you order from that page for non-winter conditions?

I am less concerned about adapter fitment (though no mods would be nice) and more about quality of the wipe. The Bosch Icons have historically been regarded by the Tesla co

I'd be curious to know how the Bosch PureVision blades work. @carl_o you installed these right? Any noticeable difference between them and the Tesla stock blade?
I just had Riley Auto Parts install a pair of these Bosch PUVs. It didn't take long for the guy to install them, even though he had never changed wipers on Model 3. (I had to alert him that you need to have the wipers placed in wiper service mode, first! )

The Bosch PUVs look just like the originals. I only have tried them with my wiper washers and they worked beautifully. They were very quiet and left no streaks. Only time will tell how well they will hold up. If they are like the Bosch Icons on my old car, I expect good life out of them.

I got the pair - they fit on my Model 3 just fine. I had to remove the installed adapter and put on the adapter that came with it - then remove "shim C" as shown in the video that was listed on a piece of paper that was in the package:

My adapters were a little different but the basic concepts were the same. The wiper blades look the same as the Tesla ones, once installed. The rubber feels the same. Long term who knows, since it's currently $14 for the pair, I'm willing to try it out.

It's been a couple of months. How are the Trico's working out?

I just had Riley Auto Parts install a pair of these Bosch PUVs. It didn't take long for the guy to install them, even though he had never changed wipers on Model 3. (I had to alert him that you need to have the wipers placed in wiper service mode, first! )

The Bosch PUVs look just like the originals. I only have tried them with my wiper washers and they worked beautifully. They were very quiet and left no streaks. Only time will tell how well they will hold up. If they are like the Bosch Icons on my old car, I expect good life out of them.

I can confirm the Bosch Pure Vision blades fit fine, I put mine on tonight. They come with the correct adapter so there's no cutting/ breaking of any plastic.

Side note, if you do get these Bosch PUVs, use the adapter labeled "6" as that's the correct one... you'll be very tempted to use the adapter "3" since they're almost identical to the OEM part, but adapter "3" is too wide.

I've developed some streaking with the OEM wiper blades, even after cleaning the glass and the blades. The Trico Flex (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003BZLGMC/) do fit with the included adapter as reported above (remove the pre-installed adapter, replace with the "BC" adapter, then remove shim "C":
). They do not look the same as the OEM blades, but not like anyone should actually care. These didn't really help my streaking problem when cleaning with wiper fluid. Won't know how they work in the rain for long time. Not too impressed by them off the bat. Probably going to try a different wiper fluid next before giving the Bosch Pure Vision a try.

Reactions: KenC
Installed the Bosch prue vision PUV 19 and PUV 26 from O'Reilly Auto Parts today as my OEM year old blades were beginning to streak and smear. $38 for both. I installed myself. Took less than 30 minutes. Probably could do next set in five :)
Thanks to whomever advised using included adapter number 6. Snap off the big adapter included on the new blades, and pop in adapter 66 onto the new blade. . All the other adapters included are not used. So far so good.

I'm pretty sure the Bosch OE Specialty AeroTwin Set are the OEMs. Not only does the Bosch site say that 2018/2019 Model 3's are compatible, but I just ordered a set from Amazon, and they're identical to the stock ones (minus the Bosch branding) - no adapter or any other monkeying around needed - 30 second install. These are the same wipers that were OEM for my last car, Audi A4 (RIP you piece of crap).