Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Canadian Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Emails for the Montreal delivery event have not yet gone out but the office in Toronto is starting to call ahead anyway (good initiative) in sequence order. Quebec is being done out of Montreal (Laval, actually just north of the city in an old car dealership place) on December 21, 22, 23). I can now stop checking my phone and relax as I have reserved the first delivery in the first slot at 9am. Finally a Xmas present that I know I won't want to return :)

I asked and if any of you are from Quebec, hang in there and they will be contacting you shortly or you will soon receive the official email to select time slots.

Delivery event Process

Has anyone been able to get information (perhaps from what they have done in the USA) on how these delivery events will unfold? We know there are 3 time slots per day and a few cars per time slot but does it happen sequentially? If there are 4 cars for the 9am time slot, do they get handled in parallel or individually? Is there one walk through for all or individual etc? Also, has anyone been told how long the whole process will take so I can plan my timing? Do you think Tesla will make a real party of it (food, drink etc) or just churn them out as quickly as possible?

Tesla sells a gadget for resetting the TPMS, and the Model S version reportedly also works for the Roadster, so that would be handy. The original Roadster version is listed as $500 on the web store but I'm told the Canadian price is $750 (talk about gouging).

If the Rangers are going to provide resetting service then I guess I'll just go that route, although it's going to make for a lot of extra driving for them.

I was told by the Service Manager yesterday that the $500 Roadster tire monitor programming device would not work for the Model S TPMS and that Tesla would not be making that capability available to users. Not a problem for me since I am not a do-it-yourselfer but other people might not be pleased.

I was told by the Service Manager yesterday that the $500 Roadster tire monitor programming device would not work for the Model S TPMS and that Tesla would not be making that capability available to users. Not a problem for me since I am not a do-it-yourselfer but other people might not be pleased.

Interesting... I was told that the Roadster device doesn't work on the Model S, but the Model S device will work on the Roadster.

Has anyone been able to get information (perhaps from what they have done in the USA) on how these delivery events will unfold? We know there are 3 time slots per day and a few cars per time slot but does it happen sequentially? If there are 4 cars for the 9am time slot, do they get handled in parallel or individually? Is there one walk through for all or individual etc? Also, has anyone been told how long the whole process will take so I can plan my timing? Do you think Tesla will make a real party of it (food, drink etc) or just churn them out as quickly as possible?

Hard to say - communications from Tesla about next steps have been vague and spotty at best. They need to get better at managing expectations when you put down a $40k deposit. Having delivery occur around the holidays when we are all trying to balance family and work commitments is tough. I wonder if those who are not on TMC are even aware of any delivery event details beyond the notice about dates let alone the winter tire package, etc...

Based on the US experience we're still missing:

• When/how we receive the final MVPA with the VIN number
  • Financing next steps - I've submitted the application but there wasn't a clear sense of what happens next
  • License and registration - no communication on how that is being handled
  • Delivery event agenda - how long and what will be covered

Last edited:
  • When/how we receive the final MVPA with the VIN number
  • License and registration - no communication on how that is being handled

I can answer some of those questions.

I was told I would receive my final MVPA today via email. Haven't got it yet.

I asked for my VIN a while back and it was forthcoming. It really sounds like Tesla doesn't yet have a unified database and not every VIN that was produced made its way into the delivery people's database, so in some cases (e.g. Jaff's car) it's been rather hard to extract the information from Tesla.

Tesla is handling licensing and registration. They phoned to get my details of driver's license and insurance.

I'm booked to pick mine up next Friday at 1:00!

I am scheduled at the same time - see you there.

Richard.

- - - Updated - - -

I can answer some of those questions.

I was told I would receive my final MVPA today via email. Haven't got it yet.

I asked for my VIN a while back and it was forthcoming. It really sounds like Tesla doesn't yet have a unified database and not every VIN that was produced made its way into the delivery people's database, so in some cases (e.g. Jaff's car) it's been rather hard to extract the information from Tesla.

Tesla is handling licensing and registration. They phoned to get my details of driver's license and insurance.

My experience is the same as Doug's.

I have been told that the winter tires will be installed and I will pick up the summer tires at the same time. (They didn't know if they would have tire bags, but hoped so.)

(I too am waiting for the MVPA but have the VIN.)

Just confirmed my pickup for 9AM on Thursday the 20th in Vancouver. Thinking of pulling the kids from school so they can enjoy the experience. So I will get to meet Vjer! And the mysterious Hans whose name keeps being dropped by Canadian Telsa-holics on a regular basis. Winter tires in YVR are still not confirmed for me, but they will have rims for me anyway :).

Definitely the Tesla Canada folks are doing their absolute best to manage a fairly complex set of logistics. From what I recall they are delivering 35+ in YVR, 50+ in Toronto,and 40+ in Montreal (I think) -- anyway, a very significant #, in a matter of days, just before Christmas. I still don't precisely know many details of how I pay, license, insure, etc -- but hey, there's still 6 days:)

Going to a long 6 days though....

Just confirmed my pickup for 9AM on Thursday the 20th in Vancouver. Thinking of pulling the kids from school so they can enjoy the experience. So I will get to meet Vjer! And the mysterious Hans whose name keeps being dropped by Canadian Telsa-holics on a regular basis. Winter tires in YVR are still not confirmed for me, but they will have rims for me anyway :).

Definitely the Tesla Canada folks are doing their absolute best to manage a fairly complex set of logistics. From what I recall they are delivering 35+ in YVR, 50+ in Toronto,and 40+ in Montreal (I think) -- anyway, a very significant #, in a matter of days, just before Christmas. I still don't precisely know many details of how I pay, license, insure, etc -- but hey, there's still 6 days:)

Going to a long 6 days though....

Who did you contact for the Vancouver delivery?