Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally, I wish MB the best. There’s room for all. That EQS door looks dope, (thoguh they’re about 8 years late on innovation), but the dash looks confusing as heck. For all those folks who want a true luxury EV, perhaps MB will fill that void and I do think it will come at a premium, but that’s fine. Whatever works so there’s a planet for my kids in 50 years!

Oh, and my “Estimated Delivery: Tomorrow”....I mean “-“. Seriously, “-“.

Can someone smarter than me find a way to spam Tesla with texts saying “My payment is imminent, please send me the car”...
My current car is a mercedes and it's so damn nice inside. I would do the EQS at this point except for the FSD, UI overall just seems better. MB wins on interior by a large margin; the eqs looks stunning. We got my wife's Model Y in December and I don't even drive my mercedes any more (until I get my S plaid). Her Model Y power seems to dwarfs my MB, though their Horsepower isn't that far off (E400 2017). I love the simplicity of the one UI in a Tesla, and the amazing control I get from my phone. I get some control of my MB via their app, but not nearly as extensive. I love having sentry mode and cameras all around; big win. I am assuming charge speed is better with Tesla.

And the person couldn’t get a shot of the interior? Seriously? If there’s one thing this waiting process has taught me it’s most people are horrendous photographers. I appreciate the pictures, but next time driver side photo and windshield vin shot would be cool.
You ungrateful son of a.... I mean, yea, of course.. how silly of my to forget interior shots for your all’s eyes 😆

Finally, I wish MB the best. There’s room for all. That EQS door looks dope, (thoguh they’re about 8 years late on innovation), but the dash looks confusing as heck. For all those folks who want a true luxury EV, perhaps MB will fill that void and I do think it will come at a premium, but that’s fine. Whatever works so there’s a planet for my kids in 50 years!

Oh, and my “Estimated Delivery: Tomorrow”....I mean “-“. Seriously, “-“.

Can someone smarter than me find a way to spam Tesla with texts saying “My payment is imminent, please send me the car”...

I was looking forward to the EQS but it seems about as interesting as a dead fish when it comes to someone tech interested. Might as well buy a diesel S-class then.

Almost mid-April and no communication as promised.

Delays are not desirable but understandable and forgivable. But lack of communication is frustrating. I am new to Tesla and like to get into a "long-term relationship" with our cars since I buy frequently, This does not bode well for Tesla. We may cancel our X for the new Cadillac coming since they may be out a similar times if delays keep up.

The bigger issue on delivery is that I went to the JLR dealer and the have a spec'd Defender 90X that I have been wanting ready for delivery. All my JLR vehicles have been great and better yet - JLR is great to deal with and communicates. They even told me the boat and video link to see it coming in on port. The delay is palatable but if still now communication soon, I will just go with the Defender and cancel Tesla. When ready in 1-2 years for a new car, will see what EV's are on the market.

This kills me because I am vested in Tesla and really want this to work but if this is how customer service works, then no thank you. Will stick out a little longer for delivery news.
Yes, of course you should buy another ICE vehicle and not wait even a second longer for a Tesla.

There is absolutely NO reason to be concerned about how much GHG your new ICE vehicle will dump because, well, it's just not your problem, it's your children's problem and you just don't need to give a damn: Don't worry, be happy!

Key Point:

About the size of Florida, Thwaites Glacier is currently responsible for approximately 4 percent of global sea level rise. It holds enough ice to raise the world ocean a little over 2 feet (65 centimeters) and backstops neighboring glaciers that would raise sea levels an additional 8 feet (2.4 meters) if all the ice were lost.

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want.
--Anna Lappe

Please don't wait a second longer--cancel your Tesla and get the ICE! Leaving a usable planet for others is NOT your responsibility. No one should care about that.

Yes, of course you should buy another ICE vehicle and not wait even a second longer for a Tesla.

There is absolutely NO reason to be concerned about how much GHG your new ICE vehicle will dump because, well, it's just not your problem, it's your children's problem and you just don't need to give a damn: Don't worry, be happy!

Key Point:

About the size of Florida, Thwaites Glacier is currently responsible for approximately 4 percent of global sea level rise. It holds enough ice to raise the world ocean a little over 2 feet (65 centimeters) and backstops neighboring glaciers that would raise sea levels an additional 8 feet (2.4 meters) if all the ice were lost.

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want.
--Anna Lappe

Please don't wait a second longer--cancel your Tesla and get the ICE! Leaving a usable planet for others is NOT your responsibility. No one should care about that.

You forgot to mention cow farts...

Key Point:

--Anna Lappe

I for one am definitely keeping my order, which i will be squarely with in the 4-11 week estimate of receiving this Friday. Also, I feel good about my purchase because I funding a carbon savings offset program. It costs me $2.89 for every 21 miles driven in my Tesla, and this munificent organization will set a gallon of dinosaur juice ablaze to offset the carbon savings from driving my model S.

Last edited:
Reactions: phantasms
My current car is a mercedes and it's so damn nice inside. I would do the EQS at this point except for the FSD, UI overall just seems better. MB wins on interior by a large margin; the eqs looks stunning. We got my wife's Model Y in December and I don't even drive my mercedes any more (until I get my S plaid). Her Model Y power seems to dwarfs my MB, though their Horsepower isn't that far off (E400 2017). I love the simplicity of the one UI in a Tesla, and the amazing control I get from my phone. I get some control of my MB via their app, but not nearly as extensive. I love having sentry mode and cameras all around; big win. I am assuming charge speed is better with Tesla.

I know the MB doesn't have FSD, but after just driving the wifes new GLS 3K miles for spring break, I actually found the MB "autopilot" to be better in some ways than my S. Worse in other areas, so I would call it a tie. As I was contemplating an E53 earlier in this thread, the EQS could be my next car over my ordered S. But these camo pics definitely look a little too plain for me, hopefully the reveal is better. Fit and finish of MB is worth it over a 1s 0-60. And that Hyperscreen blends well, unlike this iPad Pro on the dash. Don't get me wrong, love my S, but the competition is finally coming.

Well, it was a fun ride, but I just canceled my MSLR order. I just can't sit around hoping I might get my car by June or July. Found a killer deal on a 2021 Widebody Charger Hellcat Redeye, so I'll deal with my 797HP and complete lack of traction until Tesla learns how to deliver on time. I'm keeping my Gen3 wall charger juuuuust in case they start producing these things and the reviews match the hype. In the meantime though, this Redeye is ridiculous. I'm happy.
delivered.jpg

My Gen 3 has been mocking me for two months now...twinkling its little green eye at me every time I enter and exit the garage.
lmao...so is mine. Got it installed in January anticipating a March delivery. I'm tired of people asking me "what's up with the Tesla". Meanwhile I'm driving my kid's cheap Wrangler and my wife is happy as can be in her 21' Escalade...sigh..things could be worse.

lmao...so is mine. Got it installed in January anticipating a March delivery. I'm tired of people asking me "what's up with the Tesla". Meanwhile I'm driving my kid's cheap Wrangler and my wife is happy as can be in her 21' Escalade...sigh..things could be worse.
LOL. Same here. My wife uses the charger as justification for not canceling my order. I can wait until the end of May max.

Reactions: Sbaimo
Well, it was a fun ride, but I just canceled my MSLR order. I just can't sit around hoping I might get my car by June or July. Found a killer deal on a 2021 Widebody Charger Hellcat Redeye, so I'll deal with my 797HP and complete lack of traction until Tesla learns how to deliver on time. I'm keeping my Gen3 wall charger juuuuust in case they start producing these things and the reviews match the hype. In the meantime though, this Redeye is ridiculous. I'm happy.
View attachment 653445
When did you order? Just seeing if I just jumped up a place in line :)

Reactions: T-Racer and Tigers
View attachment 653445

Your post will now summons TSLA Pilot - thanks...