Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure what they said that Tesla would have an issue with - they did not give any details other than whats already available online (oh, our new interior is great!)...don't think Elon would fire them for that.
generally, you’re told not to say anything - good or bad. if something on social media needs a response, tell the social media team.

this seems like a cookie cutter version of something that was once given to me as an example of banned statements.

Reactions: bhzmark
I'm happy.
....until you pull up next to a new Model S at the light.
lmao...so is mine. Got it installed in January anticipating a March delivery. I'm tired of people asking me "what's up with the Tesla". Meanwhile I'm driving my kid's cheap Wrangler and my wife is happy as can be in her 21' Escalade...sigh..things could be worse.
after you get it, this will all be a distant memory.

Reactions: Drew-MS and Tigers
Not sure what people are bitching about - the interior is a clear upgrade.
Ignoring the gimmicky rear screen how do you figure? They turned the MCU 90 degrees and made it look stupid by not being integrated. Beyond that and the Model 3 vents, its basically the same.

I'd still perfer the orginal S interior with the yacht floor. The center console is such a waste of space.

Ignoring the gimmicky rear screen how do you figure? They turned the MCU 90 degrees and made it look stupid by not being integrated. Beyond that and the Model 3 vents, its basically the same.

Responding to you is just a waste of time if that's what you can glean from the pictures online. "Model 3 vents" uh, no. It has tri zone climate, those aren't the model 3 vents (which are the correct way to do it, imo). "Turned the screen 90 degrees" uh, yes, but it's not the same screen in quality.

Other than that, yeah, the seats, the ambient lighting, the noise cancelling, all that is definitely the same as well, amirite? I mean bro, those door panels are exactly the same thing, amirite?

Do you have a Model S on order? If not, why are you on here? If so, why are you on here talking *sugar* about it?

“Massive” depreciation is there in base model Tesla and other non Tesla cars too.
plus I really feel u can’t be 100% sure based on history of price movements. It may or may not be that bad.
I would enjoy today and worry about it when time comes to trade it in.
One thing is for sure. I can buy a new long range Model S today with a heck of a lot more performance/range/features for 25k less than I paid for my 2017 S. So if a person sticks with Tesla and even with lower resale, it tends to average out (provided you don’t go with the higher performance versions).

Responding to you is just a waste of time if that's what you can glean from the pictures online. "Model 3 vents" uh, no. It has tri zone climate, those aren't the model 3 vents (which are the correct way to do it, imo). "Turned the screen 90 degrees" uh, yes, but it's not the same screen in quality.

Other than that, yeah, the seats, the ambient lighting, the noise cancelling, all that is definitely the same as well, amirite? I mean bro, those door panels are exactly the same thing, amirite?

Do you have a Model S on order? If not, why are you on here? If so, why are you on here talking *sugar* about it?
Sounds like you are either not familiar with the current S, or just have a heavy set of rose colored glasses on. Your defensive attitude sure implies that you realize the interior is underwhelming and are lashing out to compensate.

Screen quality? We have no idea what the screen quality will be. They certainly haven't said its an OLED, which is what it should be at this price point and what MB is using. The P100D already has ambient lighting. The only apparent difference in the seats is the ventilation, they certainly are lacking alot of the adjustability and other features that the german seats in this price range.

But sure, its got a wireless phone charger, so yay!

“Massive” depreciation is there in base model Tesla and other non Tesla cars too.
plus I really feel u can’t be 100% sure based on history of price movements. It may or may not be that bad.
I would enjoy today and worry about it when time comes to trade it in.
I would also add that if you are super worried about money, why are you getting a $100k car? This is my first move into the world of sweetness and maybe it makes me naïve, but I'm just pumped to get into this thing whenever it is actually delivered. The "how much will it be worth in 4 years" is 4-years-from-now-Honcho's problem. This is an awesome toy, let the investors make investments

LR 3.1-> Plaid 1.99-> plaid plus <1.99 whatever that means.
Plaid plus over plaid makes sense for huge range gains but not otherwise.
Plaid plus actually is the best bargain given the range and speed/horsepower- but I can’t wait till 2022
So will settle with Plaid
3.1 and 1.99 cannot be compared, 1 is with rollout, 1 is not. More like comparing 2.8 to 1.99, so .8s difference. I personally don't think its worth the 40K, but have no judgement on those that do.

Sounds like you are either not familiar with the current S, or just have a heavy set of rose colored glasses on. Your defensive attitude sure implies that you realize the interior is underwhelming and are lashing out to compensate.

Screen quality? We have no idea what the screen quality will be. They certainly haven't said its an OLED, which is what it should be at this price point and what MB is using. The P100D already has ambient lighting. The only apparent difference in the seats is the ventilation, they certainly are lacking alot of the adjustability and other features that the german seats in this price range.

But sure, its got a wireless phone charger, so yay!

So you don't have a new Model S on order and you are on a thread that's supposed to be about "Model S Ordering, Production, Delivery"... what does that say about you, my friend? ;)

So you don't have a new Model S on order and you are on a thread that's supposed to be about "Model S Ordering, Production, Delivery"... what does that say about you, my friend? ;)
Happy?
1618410311637.png

Course if Tesla doesn't say something soon, I won't anymore. I'm fed up with Tesla's treatment of its customers.

I don’t recall you being nominated as the moderator. I’d give some respect for people who’ve had Teslas for a lot longer than you have. Some of us actually know what we’re talking about rather than speculate what we don’t.

Happy?
View attachment 653689
Course if Tesla doesn't say something soon, I won't anymore. I'm fed up with Tesla's treatment of its customers.
@BruceR61

1) If you have a Model S on order and are complaining about it not being better than two of what you already have - then, uhm, I'm not sure what to say about that other than that's definition of insanity, I guess. 2) I don't give a damn how long you have owned Teslas, it doesn't cover how stupid #1 still is and it makes you no or less informed on the new Model S.

It's one thing to complain about the company, it's another to complain about something that is clearly false about the car you are going to spend $80k on.

Gosh....people just need to chill.

If someone wants something exactly when they expect it, then wait until production is humming along before purchasing.

The cars are obviously not ready yet. I’d rather they get as many kinks worked out before shipping. Yes their communication is terrible for this but really, is it that life and death? Don’t sell your old car until you KNOW you can get the new one.

Gosh....people just need to chill.

If someone wants something exactly when they expect it, then wait until production is humming along before purchasing.

The cars are obviously not ready yet. I’d rather they get as many kinks worked out before shipping. Yes their communication is terrible for this but really, is it that life and death? Don’t sell your old car until you KNOW you can get the new one.
Releasing news reports that the car was in production and would begin deliveries in February; giving me an estimated delivery date of March; and then having you, whoever you are, come on here in mid-April and tell me the ”cars are obviously not ready” is not just terrible communication. Tesla is a lying company with a sociopath at the helm.

Releasing news reports that the car was in production and would begin deliveries in February; giving me an estimated delivery date of March; and then having you come on here in mid-April and tell me the ”cars are obviously not ready” is not just terrible communication. Tesla is a lying company with a sociopath at the helm.
notice the word ESTIMATED. Granted, they are way off. For reasons unknown at this time.

Cancel your order. That’s the best thing you can do for yourself.