Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Estimated delivery is now July. No issue with lies or communication. Tesla doesn't have to provide anymore detail. Perhaps we'll get lucky and delivery will come sooner.
Oh, I see. I should be content that Tesla gave me a truthful estimate (I think? Who knows with Tesla?) two months after I bought the car that Tesla said was already being produced. You know what — I think you are another Tesla plant given your nonsensically pro-Tesla spin in every post. Admit it — you work at Tesla.

Estimated delivery is now July. No issue with lies or communication. Tesla doesn't have to provide anymore detail. Perhaps we'll get lucky and delivery will come sooner.
Tesla hasn’t made any official announcements in 3 months regarding delivery. Yes some reservation holder’s estimated delivery is July but mine still says 4-11 weeks from when o placed the order 4 weeks ago. Elon said in late January that production started and deliveries will start in Feb. I’m pretty sure that was the last official announcement from Tesla. So it’s fine that Tesla hasn’t said a word since late January? 🤔 not sure I agree.

Grr am I alone here in wishing carbon fiber inlays were an option on LR?? Wood look is so outdated. I'm really surprised they haven't used something else or at least offered something else. Rivian has a cool all black wood option. CF, aluminum. Anything but brown/ebony mixed wood barf.

I'm with you. Even on the Plaid cars. Give me the option of wood. Carbon plastic-feeling trims only belong on sports cars. Feels cheesy on a Sedan.

Don't the newer Model S cars have a plastic-y wood trim where the sliding mechanism is for cup holders? I mean I don't *hate* it, but I like the wood trim on the dash of the existing S better (I thought they were two different materials, but I dont own an S so feel free to correct me).

There have been two options for wood in the S over the years, a gloss and a matte of various different species. The matte is certainly real wood (Its a veneer only a few thou thick) for most of the pieces. The console cover might be an exception, it has a very different feel. I assume the gloss is also real wood, just with a thick glossy (plasticy) finish. Personally I thought the original dark Obeche as well as the later matte Ash with its open pore grain both looked really nice.

Personally I think the Carbon Fiber is a bit dated as it was all the rage in performance cars in the 2010s. I really like the textured aluminum that some other manufactures offer.

Regardless, they should offer a bunch of options and let everyone choose what they want. Charge a preimum for the CF or include it for free in the Plaid version but make them all avalible to anyone. The real reason they don't do this is it makes it harder to sell the inventory to folks who order a 'custom car'.

Reactions: Tigers
Well technically it’s just a small deposit at the moment. I could see being upset if people paid the full price waiting for delivery.
The $100 deposit Is meaningless. Many people (including me) sold their cars, arranged financing, etc. based on the ‘estimated delivery’ in our Tesla account along with the announcement in late January.

The $100 deposit Is meaningless. Many people (including me) sold their cars, arranged financing, etc. based on the ‘estimated delivery’ in our Tesla account along with the announcement in late January.
That sucks, but lesson learned (especially with Tesla). Until you have been provided a VIN, or better yet an actual delivery date (still not a guarantee!) you are better off in a holding pattern.

Reactions: elguapo and Drew-MS
Oh, I see. I should be content that Tesla gave me a truthful estimate (I think? Who knows with Tesla?) two months after I bought the car that Tesla said was already being produced. You know what — I think you are another Tesla plant given your nonsensically pro-Tesla spin in every post. Admit it — you work at Tesla.
Son, you have not bought the car. You placed a $100 deposit for a reservation to acquire the vehicle. Elon's timeline has consistently been overly optimistic, from delivery dates of vehicles to delivery dates of software. Obviously, some Model S refreshes were being produced in late January when Elon made the statement because we've all seen photos of test mules. Unfortunately, the ones being produced were not for delivery to customers. I am eager to get the refreshed S just like most everyone else on this thread. However, for some, like you, the best thing may be to cancel your order. Ask for your $100 to be returned and purchase another car that is currently available. If you're not happy with that purchase, consider the Model S again, when hopefully production has ramped up and you won't be stressed out by the waiting game.

That is unfortunate. Hate to say it but some of this pain is self inflicted. Nothing stated a 100% certainty you’d get it in that timeframe. Not letting Tesla off the hook here but selling your transportation without a better certainty, is definitely risky. Especially for a “new” product never before seen by the public and no history of producing this exact product. But I guess that keeps life “exciting”.

Reactions: lbowroom
Son, you have not bought the car. You placed a $100 deposit for a reservation to acquire the vehicle. Elon's timeline has consistently been overly optimistic, from delivery dates of vehicles to delivery dates of software. Obviously, some Model S refreshes were being produced in late January when Elon made the statement because we've all seen photos of test mules. Unfortunately, the ones being produced were not for delivery to customers. I am eager to get the refreshed S just like most everyone else on this thread. However, for some, like you, the best thing may be to cancel your order. Ask for your $100 to be returned and purchase another car that is currently available. If you're not happy with that purchase, consider the Model S again, when hopefully production has ramped up and you won't be stressed out by the waiting game.
I fully disagree. Many have justification for being frustrated. The public and loyal customers who are willing to spend six figures on Tesla vehicles were misled based on his choice of words. Words matter and can move markets and influence people’s decisions. These decisions have financial ramifications.

That is unfortunate. Hate to say it but some of this pain is self inflicted. Nothing stated a 100% certainty you’d get it in that timeframe. Not letting Tesla off the hook here but selling your transportation without a better certainty, is definitely risky. Especially for a “new” product never before seen by the public. But I guess that keeps life “exciting”.
You’re right but I should probably mention the P100D I sold wasn’t my only vehicle.
I definitely would have waited if I had one car.

I was just checking the s order page and the 10 to 14 weeks delivery estimate has disappeared. I did notice something else for the first time. When you open the chat feature the last question to submit a chat is “Tesla Updates?” 😂😂😂😂

• Funny