Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speaking of random, unverified tweet

1618445528020.png

• Funny
Reactions: JohnnyHo and Tigers
This delay doesn't sound too bad, could be way worse, like things that:

1) Tesla doesn't have control over, like parts shortage
2) Tesla doesn't know exactly how to solve yet, like module-gate during Model 3 ramp, FWD during MX ramp, etc
True that. Gives me hope they had it energized. Means maybe they squeezed a car or two out for Saturday's flyover :)))

There is no way a $2.5 billion per year factory line is being held up for a single inspection for a bus bar. And there is no way if this was what the months long hold up was they wouldn't be jumping through every hoop the inspector comes up with to get it signed off. Instead they aren't answering his calls and aren't willing to shut down the electrical panel for the inspection. Sounds way way more likely they aren't waiting for this at all and are busy with other things and can't be bothered.
^^

There is no way a $2.5 billion per year factory line is being held up for a single inspection for a bus bar. And there is no way if this was what the months long hold up was they wouldn't be jumping through every hoop the inspector comes up with to get it signed off. Instead they aren't answering his calls and aren't willing to shut down the electrical panel for the inspection. Sounds way way more likely they aren't waiting for this at all and are busy with other things and can't be bothered.
Haha. I would tend to agree with that. And it's not holding up a factory. It's holding up a single line in that factory. Considering the line is mostly robotic, electricity is an important part. And from this inspectors notes it looks like they didn't wait for him and now have a written notice the tools are not approved to be used by the city.

I used to do a ton of datacenter work. Heavy electrical. Permits on electrical can stop a lot of things from happening.

This person has two followers. Uhm, grain of salt.

BTW - if this guy is telling the truth, that means @sam3194 is full of *sugar*. So one of the two are lying given Sam's post about the delayed timeline and the failed inspection for the reason...

hmm...the plot thickens...o_O But yeah - I doubt some dude with 2 followers knows jack *sugar* about the situation.

I do not even have a Twitter account and you can believe me when I say production is in full swing and Elin personally sent me 3 VINs and said to pick the one I like best.

Haha. I would tend to agree with that. And it's not holding up a factory. It's holding up a single line in that factory. Considering the line is mostly robotic, electricity is an important part. And from this inspectors notes it looks like they didn't wait for him and now have a written notice the tools are not approved to be used by the city.

I used to do a ton of datacenter work. Heavy electrical. Permits on electrical can stop a lot of things from happening.

Bro seriously - if you are not wrong, then, oh my God these people don't deserve our money. But I'm really hoping you are wrong. Also, I think in the next few weeks tesla will go full model 3 and build this *sugar* in tents by hand.

Reactions: doubleshot
Bro seriously - if you are not wrong, then, oh my God these people don't deserve our money. But I'm really hoping you are wrong. Also, I think in the next few weeks tesla will go full model 3 and build this *sugar* in tents by hand.
You and me both. It's mind boggling to think this could even be close to the delay. Plus their haphazardly way to these inspections. I bet they've had quite a bit of generosity from the inspectors in the past but the recent fire in the gigapress probably has people looking a little closer. Considering their whole line is automated. One small part being offline means they can't complete a car. These permits were issued after the mules and considering we haven't seen annnyyyy in the flyovers since, idk.

Edit: And I always love a good conspiracy. This sub has been dead the last few days. I post this, now there's a ton of posts burying it down the list. Mine is sitting at 0 while a screenshot of elon's post about AI has 1k votes. Lol.

Based on what Elon said today what if the model s/x deliveries were being held up by the release of version 9 for fsd beta which would be the new upgraded firmware aka v11. My theory is once v11 or beta 9.0 is ready they’ll start to send out the cars so the model s/x are the first vehicles with that software version. Then after a couple weeks the model 3/y get updated to v11/fsd 9.0. For anyone who doesn’t have Twitter Elon said subscription fsd next month is definitely happening. Fsd beta button and version 9.0 aren’t ready yet potentially not until June.

Based on what Elon said today what if the model s/x deliveries were being held up by the release of version 9 for fsd beta which would be the new upgraded firmware aka v11. My theory is once v11 or beta 9.0 is ready they’ll start to send out the cars so the model s/x are the first vehicles with that software version. Then after a couple weeks the model 3/y get updated to v11/fsd 9.0. For anyone who doesn’t have Twitter Elon said subscription fsd next month is definitely happening. Fsd beta button and version 9.0 aren’t ready yet potentially not until June.
I’ll expand on this reasoning. In his tweets he mentions depending on how well the limited release of 9.0 does is dependent on when it gets released as a beta. We know Tesla has built model s refreshed mules around 1-2 months ago. Model s refresh at the 3:22 mark

what if the hold up is software, Tesla shipped out a record number of m3’s and my’s so the chip shortage isn’t affecting them, the model s/x line has produced dozens of mules and could be getting upgrades now that they’re waiting on v11 to be finalized. now what if Tesla is using the already built mules to test out the updated version of fsd 9.0/v11, aren’t they also removing radar or something along those lines so they have to wait for the govt to approve that. Version 11 will release on the model s/x I don’t see Tesla releasing that version on the 3 first so until that whole software package is ready we might not see the vehicles.

This is just another point of view to maybe keep an eye on due to the little information we actually do have.