Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no way a $2.5 billion per year factory line is being held up for a single inspection for a bus bar. And there is no way if this was what the months long hold up was they wouldn't be jumping through every hoop the inspector comes up with to get it signed off. Instead they aren't answering his calls and aren't willing to shut down the electrical panel for the inspection. Sounds way way more likely they aren't waiting for this at all and are busy with other things and can't be bothered.
I guess this makes sense since they say "Tesla not able to shut down panel for inspection". It has already been running.

Reactions: pacnwplaid
Hey T-Racer, I too ordered a cream interior with the white exterior, but I am super excited about it. My only concern is that if it is not a common color combination, I might not see my car until July 2022.

BTW, my MS LR ordered on 2/15 still shows 6 - 12 weeks delivery time, so Mr. Musk hasn't done me wrong yet.
Thanks for the vote of confidence on the combo! I've been working from home and haven't had my own car since my Cadillac lease ended in June 2020 (2 other cars in our household though). But may be going back to the office in a month or two, so it would be nice to have a sweet ride by then!

Well that’s great news!

This person has two followers. Uhm, grain of salt.

BTW - if this guy is telling the truth, that means @sam3194 is full of *sugar*. So one of the two are lying given Sam's post about the delayed timeline and the failed inspection for the reason...

hmm...the plot thickens...o_O But yeah - I doubt some dude with 2 followers knows jack *sugar* about the situation.

Last edited:
Looking to get delivery for a used 2018 75D tomorrow. It was local for me (Seattle) so no transport fee. AP 2.5, 19-inch wheels, dark cloth interior, midnight silver metallic outside, premium upgrade package, ultra high fidelity sound, subzero package, smart air suspension. One owner car, who bought it new in Seattle as well. 41,000 miles. $42K (excluding tax, registration).

What do you guys think about the deal? And, what specifically should I look for in a 2018 75D when taking delivery?

I know CA is not perfect, but what does this have to do with CA specifically? You think the inspectors in other states will be at his beck and call?
Beck and call? Of course not.

And maybe the inspector is justified. But if they are dragging their feet, that isn’t good either. (Don’t know if that is even the case.). But like Germany taking over 16 months and still no outcome for approvals, is ridiculous.

EDIT: per another post below, it looks like the work is still able to continue just fine. So that’s good.

Last edited:
I ordered the cream interior but with the white exterior. Like many others have said on this forum, every time I think about it I want to change it. If I were ordering today I'd probably go with a blue or red exterior. I'm very confused! I don't want to fall further back by changing anything though. Your choice of Black w/cream sounds pretty awesome!
same. Im not thinking about changing "sugar" - Im afraid I wont get the car this year as it is.

As a non-engineer and totally un-knowledged when it comes to Tesla construction, transformation and development, I was wondering about the Plaid refresh. While the MS LR is an interior and exterior modification of nominal proportion, doesn’t the Plaid with a tri-motor, etc require a complete redesigned?