Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm surprised more ppl haven't picked up on the permit issue as the likely source of production delay... Definitely more likely than any other reason people are putting out there
Why do work when you can copy and paste someone else's unverified tweet? @doubleshot deserves free beers at least for his investigative work

Can somebody give me this *sugar* in English? Ol' Elon started up the line without approval and now the city said "**** you" basically?
Exactly right. Haha. And plugged in the new tools too. Including some air compressors. Basically now they've done that they've pissed off the inspector and now they gotta shut everything down, disconnect it, and wait for the inspector hay gets paid $50k/yr to get back down there and inspect. Not looking good

Why do work when you can copy and paste someone else's unverified tweet? @doubleshot deserves free beers at least for his investigative work
I did get myself a present so I can say at least I've received something from Tesla ...
On that note as well @sam3194 comments seem to be validating based on his source too. :D

Exactly right. Haha. And plugged in the new tools too. Including some air compressors. Basically now they've done that they've pissed off the inspector and now they gotta shut everything down, disconnect it, and wait for the inspector hay gets paid $50k/yr to get back down there and inspect. Not looking good
It’s things like this that will make Elon move the rest of Tesla out of CA. And I don’t blame him.

very curious, whenever I see someone show their interior and exterior colors, its always Black or White. Does anyone besides me like the cream colored interior particularly on the black exterior?
My last S was MC Red over tan--great combo, timeless, loved it. I would have gone that route again, but don't like the MC Red with the dark trim, so switched it up (MSM over white).

Reactions: Emiller
Hold on though. Are we solely relying on Fremont to delivery the new refreshes? Are there other centers that could be pumping them out as we speak?

Reactions: doubleshot
very curious, whenever I see someone show their interior and exterior colors, its always Black or White. Does anyone besides me like the cream colored interior particularly on the black exterior?
I ordered the cream interior but with the white exterior. Like many others have said on this forum, every time I think about it I want to change it. If I were ordering today I'd probably go with a blue or red exterior. I'm very confused! I don't want to fall further back by changing anything though. Your choice of Black w/cream sounds pretty awesome!

Reactions: Moose57 and Emiller
It’s things like this that will make Elon move the rest of Tesla out of CA. And I don’t blame him.
TBF if he wants to move to Texas - the rules here aren't very different an the inspectors are no more flexible or friendly. I think it takes a special kind of harda** to be a building code inspector and I've never met one that would just let stuff slide because we were too busy.

TBF if he wants to move to Texas - the rules here aren't very different an the inspectors are no more flexible or friendly. I think it takes a special kind of harda** to be a building code inspector and I've never met one that would just let stuff slide because we were too busy.
I’m not saying to let something slide. But if they are dragging their feet getting back to inspect, that’s not good either. Of course this is complete speculation.

We need a couple of blue checkmarks to ask. He's not going to respond to that.
Not a blue checkmark but Elon responds to a lot of Whole Mars Catalog tweets. I’d repost but closed my twitter account.

Attachments

• E9516882-FD79-4967-B1C0-918939D0FBD6.jpeg
    E9516882-FD79-4967-B1C0-918939D0FBD6.jpeg
    707.4 KB · Views: 61
There is no way a $2.5 billion per year factory line is being held up for a single inspection for a bus bar. And there is no way if this was what the months long hold up was they wouldn't be jumping through every hoop the inspector comes up with to get it signed off. Instead they aren't answering his calls and aren't willing to shut down the electrical panel for the inspection. Sounds way way more likely they aren't waiting for this at all and are busy with other things and can't be bothered.