Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So chatting with SA today on getting to drive MS before accepting delivery or keeping/canceling my MY order… - “want to be transparent and say that we have no update about when a Model S will be available. With delivery times now stretching into August-September and demand remaining high, it would not surprise me if we do not receive a Model S to test drive until October or November”

Seems like I’m going to be reading reviews and rolling the dice…

and my order still says 10-14 weeks from early April order… not holding my breath…
If you don’t like the car, Tesla offers a 7 day return policy. At least they did before. I assume they still do. Hopefully,,,

I dunno, I have owned an S and played around with a 3. They are different cars when it comes to driving. As powerful as the S is, it is still a 6K lb beast that is not exactly spry. Arguably, the 3P is a more fun car to drive--most of the power in a more agile package.
When I test drove a 3p, I loved it. The only thing that bothered me was the interior. When I test drove the S 🤩😍

I called in about changing my color an hour ago...(didn't change it, yet)... I didn't ask but the lady on the phone who said she was at a "central customer service unit" or something said that they were told to expect information on VINs in the next couple of weeks lol.

Also, she said I wouldn't lose my place in line. I don't believe her and then I went out and saw a white Model s and thought it looked pretty sexy so, now I'm back to not knowing.

I called in about changing my color an hour ago...(didn't change it, yet)... I didn't ask but the lady on the phone who said she was at a "central customer service unit" or something said that they were told to expect information on VINs in the next couple of weeks lol.

Also, she said I wouldn't lose my place in line. I don't believe her and then I went out and saw a white Model s and thought it looked pretty sexy so, now I'm back to not knowing.
I’m looking to do the same (Black to MSM) but haven’t due to concerns about losing my spot. I have a feeling MSM is more popular than Black so it could work in my favor.
Since white is the most popular color, the change could work in your favor plus you save $1500 🍻

I’m looking to do the same (Black to MSM) but haven’t due to concerns about losing my spot. I have a feeling MSM is more popular than Black so it could work in my favor.
Since white is the most popular color, the change could work in your favor plus you save $1500 🍻

I like the look of metallic colors. They had Black Metallic in the past but now it’s ‘Solid Black.’ It’s probably not a big deal but the MSM should be easier to keep clean.

Black looks amazing too. Black everything out, looks fantastic.

I like the look of metallic colors. They had Black Metallic in the past but now it’s ‘Solid Black.’ It’s probably not a big deal but the MSM should be easier to keep clean.

I have the OBM (Obsidian Black Metalic). At the time there was the flat black and the metallic black. Much preferred the latter; it was $1k more at the time. Still love it and it looks awesome but I probably will never do black again unless I PPF whole car (which I may do on next one). Swirls drive me bananas.

Plaid+ color reservation is MSM on white.

Black looks amazing too. Black everything out, looks fantastic.

Certainly does. I blacked mine out myself with carbon fiber tape. Front. Back. Sides. Wheel lugs and caps. Was going to anodize/powdercoat the wheels but why bother when my new Plaid+ arrives late next year. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: T-Racer and Drew-MS
So chatting with SA today on getting to drive MS before accepting delivery or keeping/canceling my MY order… - “want to be transparent and say that we have no update about when a Model S will be available. With delivery times now stretching into August-September and demand remaining high, it would not surprise me if we do not receive a Model S to test drive until October or November”

Seems like I’m going to be reading reviews and rolling the dice…

and my order still says 10-14 weeks from early April order… not holding my breath…
I am hoping the SA you spoke with was more clueless than the others. If he's accurate, that's gonna hurt!

I've always wondered who bought the brown color... That explains EVERYTHING... 😌
LOL - nah, mine was MC Red, but I knew folks that had the brown--looked coppery in the sun, I kinda liked it. In general, I miss the original colors, the green, the old blue, dolphin grey, more interesting than today's colors, IMO.