Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dunno, I have owned an S and played around with a 3. They are different cars when it comes to driving. As powerful as the S is, it is still a 6K lb beast that is not exactly spry. Arguably, the 3P is a more fun car to drive--most of the power in a more agile package.
Gotta be honest here, too. I have had an S and a P90D X. I got an M3P loaner the other day and it was super fun. It’s like a go kart. Totally different ride and kind of more fun than an S, clearly more nimble than a Y or XThe 3 is way small for me as an everyday car, but that size is what makes it a lot of fun to drive. It’s fast and very agile. Like a 3 series BMW versus, say, a 7 series.

Feature-wise, the S and X should have, in my opinion, far more differentiating features than they do aside from size and range. My hope is the refresh will bring some of these at some point…

I’ve had “-“ since the beginning. One day…

Happened to me last evening - there was a drop-down with choices in a foreign language and the site kept trying to load my previously-submitted insurance info. This morning that changed. Probably will for you to shortly.
Same here. Some sort of Scandinavian style wording and my insurance doc that was uploaded months ago wouldn’t populate. Just an interminal circling “loading preview” note that never actually loaded. Very Tesla-esque

Attachments

• D53BFF19-4DE2-4ED4-9DE8-71B7C3934715.jpeg
    D53BFF19-4DE2-4ED4-9DE8-71B7C3934715.jpeg
    360.8 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: gadelrosario
The 3 is way small for me as an everyday car, but that size is what makes it a lot of fun to drive.

Small in what way? As a 3 owner I've driven the S and in some respects it feels more cramped and restrictive in the drivers seat and rear seating area that the 3. Is it the cargo space and hatch that you find much bigger? I didn't use those in the S when I had it as a loaner.

MS Plaid on order, Black on black with Arachnids. No FSD.

I dunno, I have owned an S and played around with a 3. They are different cars when it comes to driving. As powerful as the S is, it is still a 6K lb beast that is not exactly spry. Arguably, the 3P is a more fun car to drive--most of the power in a more agile package.
Not sure where you get the 6,000 lb weight of the Tesla Model S? I believe the refresh Model S LR and possibly the Plaid are around 4,700-4,800 lb. Now, I know the new Audi E-Tron GT is > 5,000 lb. but not the Tesla MS. In addition, it's already been reported that the refreshed MS Plaid has a reworked suspension and has already tested very, very well around Laguna Seca AND Nurburgring with incredible lap times; you can't do that with a huge, floaty, super heavy "boat" you know?

Not sure where you get the 6,000 lb weight of the Tesla Model S? I believe the refresh Model S LR and possibly the Plaid are around 4,700-4,800 lb. Now, I know the new Audi E-Tron GT is > 5,000 lb. but not the Tesla MS.

LR is 4561 lbs, Plaid is 4766

Model 3 LR/Perf is 4,065

Model Y is 4,416

So the LR MS and LR MY are going to effectively be the same weight, except the S is lower and wider.

6000 lbs gross vehicle weight. You’d need to load 5 200 pounders to get close to that.

Attachments

• 5269B509-8749-4F0E-9976-8AAFC70B1DE3.jpeg
    5269B509-8749-4F0E-9976-8AAFC70B1DE3.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 57
LR is 4561 lbs, Plaid is 4766

Model 3 LR/Perf is 4,065

Model Y is 4,416

So the LR MS and LR MY are going to effectively be the same weight, except the S is lower and wider.
Yeah and the Plaid has 1,020 HP/TQ and unrivaled performance so... 😎 And has a little nicer interior with more space and more features, so people don't need to be surprised why the MS is Tesla's current flagship sedan and most costly vehicle aside from the MX.

Last edited:
My insurance expired. I uploaded new policy and called to check it was submitted. I figured I might as well ask. First response was all accurate information is in your online account. I asked where’s my car. He said delay. I said delivery was on my account for 2/15. There’s been a delay. I said but you told me all accurate information would be on my online account. So where’s my car. They hung up. I think there may actually be a delay. 🤣🤣

My insurance expired. I uploaded new policy and called to check it was submitted. I figured I might as well ask. First response was all accurate information is in your online account. I asked where’s my car. He said delay. I said delivery was on my account for 2/15. There’s been a delay. I said but you told me all accurate information would be on my online account. So where’s my car. They hung up. I think there may actually be a delay. 🤣🤣
And, now they've notated your acct that you may be a "problem customer" which automatically puts you at the end of the line; hope you get to take delivery on your refreshed MS before October, lol. 😂

Small in what way? As a 3 owner I've driven the S and in some respects it feels more cramped and restrictive in the drivers seat and rear seating area that the 3. Is it the cargo space and hatch that you find much bigger? I didn't use those in the S when I had it as a loaner.

MS Plaid on order, Black on black with Arachnids. No FSD.
Less legroom in the back and the front. Very noticeable to me in the front and I am only 5’10”. Definitely smaller for cargo, yes.

Reactions: Neon001
So chatting with SA today on getting to drive MS before accepting delivery or keeping/canceling my MY order… - “want to be transparent and say that we have no update about when a Model S will be available. With delivery times now stretching into August-September and demand remaining high, it would not surprise me if we do not receive a Model S to test drive until October or November”

Seems like I’m going to be reading reviews and rolling the dice…

and my order still says 10-14 weeks from early April order… not holding my breath…