Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Certainly implies May deliveries (just assuming the LR has a much larger backorder line to fill). Elon didn't sound extremely confident it would be May "err uhmm, probably start deliveries...err, hmm...probably next month" which tells me they have a few things left to fix, but... it does seem likely people will have cars by June.

I'm just sitting here thinking how surreal it is going to be to actually take delivery of this thing after dreaming about it nightly for 6 months (by that time). Those of us coming from another Tesla/EV, it should be any easy transition, those first timers (@Hayseed_MS) probably going to have their eyes roll back in their heads as soon as they feel that extremely smooth, yet very athletic power delivery. Hell, perhaps my eyes will roll in the back of my head too. It's not even just the sheer force of the acceleration, but it's almost like you sit there laughing your ass off wondering why we've been stuck with ICE for THIS long, when we could've had something THIS fun.

Word of warning: both my SO and I commented randomly at the same time during our first trip to a theme park and riding the baddest roller coaster they had after owning just the boring old Model 3 LR for a year - we looked at each other and said "IDK why, but that didn't quite feel as fun as it used to"...but we figured out why.

Satisfaction for me of this car will be entirely based on the air suspension and noise cancelling. If that noise cancelling system can truly cutdown a large part of the terrible wind/road noise, oh yeah, 100% will buy another. If that is the case, I plan on owning this thing until the wheels fall off (which I hope is 10+ years down the road).
And don’t forget about the door pockets. My P100D was my all time fav car but hated that it didn’t have door pockets. I know it’s not that serious but looking forward to having them.

Reactions: TNGuy99
And some people like white on a car. I think white is boring, but it's the most popular color. I have two friends with red 3s, and they are gorgeous... the car, not the friends.

And after driving electric since 2002, I pretty much think that any car that still uses gas to power it is SOOOO out of date. Including Ferraris.
Due to the refresh delay, I’ve been driving ice lately while waiting for my S. Only two words describe how it feels driving ice after selling my P100D: Miserable and Slow

OK - some of you may notice a difference in my signature, well that's because I switched my exterior to red. I've only had red new cars and that's what I knew deep down inside I wanted. It hasn't officially updated in my account yet, so I'll let you all know what my delivery estimate is here in a day or two.

Also - asked a local SA in person today if they had heard anything or have been told that they will hear something:

"No - we haven't heard anything in literally a month or more (when people got the "July" update - they weren't told context, just told that the update happened lol). No internal meetings, no signal from HQ on deliveries at all."

Then she looked up my specific RN and said "like my other customers, I can see that you have a placeholder spot for a build - but no time frame at all. No one in Texas has any delivery date." Then she went on to say "right now your account says July, I'd expect it no sooner than late June, but probably mid-to-late July."

The showrooms also have a 3/Y again - so they def do not expect to get showroom Model S this QTR.

OK - some of you may notice a difference in my signature, well that's because I switched my exterior to red. I've only had red new cars and that's what I knew deep down inside I wanted. It hasn't officially updated in my account yet, so I'll let you all know what my delivery estimate is here in a day or two.

Also - asked a local SA in person today if they had heard anything or have been told that they will hear something:

"No - we haven't heard anything in literally a month or more (when people got the "July" update - they weren't told context, just told that the update happened lol). No internal meetings, no signal from HQ on deliveries at all."

Then she looked up my specific RN and said "like my other customers, I can see that you have a placeholder spot for a build - but no time frame at all. No one in Texas has any delivery date." Then she went on to say "right now your account says July, I'd expect it no sooner than late June, but probably mid-to-late July."

The showrooms also have a 3/Y again - so they def do not expect to get showroom Model S this QTR.

While that will not make you as cool as someone who drives a blue one, it is one step closer. :D

Hey friend - you're going to be in a later batch and other people who ordered when you did often don't have anything showing up yet, either.

Seems pre-refresh announcement = "-"
Day or near day of announcement = "July"
Late Feb - March = ""

With some people having "10-14 weeks from order date" as well. If I were you, I'd expect it to be July/August - the ramp sounds like it is going to be very slow this month and next.
What about an RN 1140 that is complete blank no words, or dashes?

What about an RN 1140 that is complete blank no words, or dashes?
I went from delivery in “4-10 weeks”, to the dreaded “-“, to nothing at all. I ordered a MS LR at the beginning of March.

I think it’s all random:

The order system assigns an an estimated delivery time to an order by randomly picking from a small set of canned estimated delivery strings (like “July”, “-“, “4-10 weeks”, etc) or nothing at all. Then at certain times the delivery system will swap one of the estimated delivery strings for a different one so a customer thinks something is actually happening even when it’s not.

• Funny
Reactions: T-Racer

Attachments

• 1619916612144.png
    1619916612144.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 74