Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SA told me to expect delivery in Aug/Sep. Ordered in 2020.
Sounds like a lazy answer from an uninformed SA. I can order today with same delivery estimate. Don’t believe a word from them as they are all looking at the same website we are.
I believe so but if there is anything more unreliable than what SAs say it’s those delivery estimates. Sep is a bit much but given where things are I don’t think Aug is an exaggeration

Reactions: Desert Dave
Nope. I put on too many miles to ever make this worthwhile for me. Plus I am constantly ‘enhancing’ my car. Projects are not so appealing on a vehicle that I don’t ‘own’.

But I certainly understand the point about the speed of change in EVs. Though I’ll probably be brand loyal for some time yet.
After my six year mostly amazing ownership experience, I thought I would be brand loyal too. Until this nonsense. Seriously, they have the absolutely worst reputation in taking trades so I sold mine privately thinking March was realistic, now, what exactly? Radio silence going on the fourth month with no update? 😔

A nephew who is a physical therapist says a couple of Kaiser doctors at the hospital he works are driving brand new S’s. I asked him to take photos on Monday to confirm horizontal displays and yoke steering. He says the docs got them a month or so ago. Is Tesla maybe prioritizing healthcare pros?
How would they know who is a doctor?

Hey friend - you're going to be in a later batch and other people who ordered when you did often don't have anything showing up yet, either.

Seems pre-refresh announcement = "-"
Day or near day of announcement = "July"
Late Feb - March = ""

With some people having "10-14 weeks from order date" as well. If I were you, I'd expect it to be July/August - the ramp sounds like it is going to be very slow this month and next.
I have a pre-refresh LR that has never shown anything, not even “-“.

Long range Model S reservation holders might find this interesting:
"Model S Long Range can hit 500 miles of range with limited HVAC use and speed limit..."

This is aligned with one person on here who posted that an engineer who was wind tunnel testing a model s told them that they were trying really hard to make sure EPA estimates were easily achievable...

Wonder if 500 miles is possible at 70-75mph because that would be absolutely amazing. But id be happy as hell to get 400 miles at those speeds.

Yeah.. Certainty would be nice but in have a hard time believing that...

I do not have such a hard time believing.
1) mostly because I want it to be true
2) lighter, lower cd, better battery chem, speculating better battery management, heat pump

Now, if Elon would have said it in the call on the 26th, I might have a harder time believing.

I think this long wait is really getting to some people. Some of the speculations are out there, like 500 miles @75mph. Seriously?

If you don't use Reddit, the user who posted that is someone who actually knows people at Tesla and drops tidbits here and there, it isn't some random Joe looking for attention (also a moderator).

Also, again, lines up with what the poster here who claimed to have chatted with an engineer in the Carolinas with a tester.

Finally, the air quality thing isn't really a big deal (imo) but that's already confirmed by the website in one picture.

Now do I think we are all going to be getting 500 miles per charge all of the time? Probably not, but based on what we know, it doesn't sound all that unreasonable (for the things Hayseed said). It definitely would be nice.

All of that being said - Im still on the boat it is an 85kWh - 90kWh battery.

Last edited:
If you don't use Reddit, the user who posted that is someone who actually knows people at Tesla and drops tidbits here and there, it isn't some random Joe looking for attention (also a moderator).

Also, again, lines up with what the poster here who claimed to have chatted with an engineer in the Carolinas with a tester.

Finally, the air quality thing isn't really a big deal (imo) but that's already confirmed by the website in one picture.

Now do I think we are all going to be getting 500 miles per charge all of the time? Probably not, but based on what we know, it doesn't sound all that unreasonable (for the things Hayseed said). It definitely would be nice.

All of that being said - Im still on the boat it is an 85kWh - 90kWh battery.
All the more reason for tesla to have better medium for messaging new features. They would be in such a better place if they had cohesive strategy on informing current and would be customers