Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@DLCT - def don't do blue (trust me, i know people getting the blue color and you dont wanna be one of "those" people...)

@Hayseed_MS - I will say, I admire your thick skin during this entire process. My first Tesla I called the SA basically every day so they could ping the car and tell me what location on the rail line it was. This time around, it's been a giant lol, but knew once no one heard *sugar* in mid-March we were ****ed. So now, just sit back, relax and enjoy the show!

My SA calls me as much as I call him. Been good to deal with so far. Trying to not be a jerk to him - his job sucks bad enough chasing Elon's promises.

A little story for those of you who may think the delays are unique to the refresh.

I bought an inventory Y last week. It’s in CO and I am in MD. I was told 5-7 days to delivery. Again, the car is made, it’s at a Tesla Store in CO. They know where it is. That was 9 days ago.

I was told today they “found” a transporter to bring me the car. Seriously? They found it. As if they’re not in the business of moving cars…

Might get it next week. Might not. Not whining. 2-3 weeks is fine, but the point is logistically, Tesla can’t even figure out how to get an existing car 2,000 miles East. Should’ve offered to fly and pick it up!

• Funny
Reactions: T-Racer and Drew-MS
Saw that this morning & I've been watching the TMC M3P delivery estimate since. It'll be interesting to see their roller-coaster of emotions over there if/when people start getting pushed to August.

I'm really thinking about bailing to M3P given all the *sugar* around MS refresh. Wishing I'd just submitted that order in mid-April & let them both sit open out there.
You can’t go wrong with a m3p. I picked mine up March 30th and have been enjoying it like crazy. Kinda made me forget I still had an order for the model s but at the same time my anticipation for the S is through the roof.

I had a mobile service apt today and talking to the technician about the model s he said they’re being told June/July and around that time is when they’ll be doing training about the new car. My take is we’ll see a small amount at the end this month mostly for VIP’s and celebrities with a few for regular customers.

to me the sign that we’re close to release will be when 9.0 beta releases which means v11 is close to ready for release which is what the model s will have as the operating system.

Attachments

• CCBD5A37-EFB3-403C-A2BB-E29EB85FECF3.jpeg
    CCBD5A37-EFB3-403C-A2BB-E29EB85FECF3.jpeg
    815 KB · Views: 76
You can’t go wrong with a m3p. I picked mine up March 30th and have been enjoying it like crazy. Kinda made me forget I still had an order for the model s but at the same time my anticipation for the S is through the roof.

I had a mobile service apt today and talking to the technician about the model s he said they’re being told June/July and around that time is when they’ll be doing training about the new car. My take is we’ll see a small amount at the end this month mostly for VIP’s and celebrities with a few for regular customers.

to me the sign that we’re close to release will be when 9.0 beta releases which means v11 is close to ready for release which is what the model s will have as the operating system.

Yeah no way it's before July for most of us. Damn blue people probably get theirs first.

My apology if this has been discussed already.
So now that the timeline has been updated to ‘August-September,’ does anyone know if the timeline changed for all orders (including prior orders) or is it only August-September for new orders placed today ? Really hope it’s not delayed further 😼
My account still shows ‘4-11 weeks from order placed date.’ Ordered plaid March 12.

So now that the timeline has been updated to ‘August-September,’ does anyone know if the timeline changed for all orders (including prior orders) or is it only August-September for new orders placed today ? Really hope it’s not delayed further 😼
My account still shows ‘4-11 weeks from order placed date.’ Ordered plaid March 12.
Nvm got it 👍

Guessing the new timeline is for new orders only because as other people here have suggested, Tesla announced today that all 2nd QTR orders have already been "sold out" as far as production capacity goes. Most of our (previous order) accounts still say July, so we're assuming most of us who ordered at the beginning of this year and/or in Feb, 2021 will see delivery in June or July...but that may just be for the MS Plaid version (since it's more expensive and more profitable for Tesla to push those out first before the MS LR version)...but again, all speculation.

Reactions: Drew-MS
Guessing the new timeline is for new orders only because as other people here have suggested, Tesla announced today that all 2nd QTR orders have already been "sold out" as far as production capacity goes. Most of our (previous order) accounts still say July, so we're assuming most of us who ordered at the beginning of this year and/or in Feb, 2021 will see delivery in June or July...but that may just be for the MS Plaid version (since it's more expensive and more profitable for Tesla to push those out first before the MS LR version)...but again, all speculation.
Until they start producing cars in a meaningful quantity (or at all), doesn’t matter if you ordered pre-refresh or yesterday, no one, not even Elon, has the slightest clue when your car will be delivered.