Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone see Gabe's vid? Anything interesting?
I did. Hundreds of all vehicle types parked everywhere. Not too many MS being loaded on trucks but hundreds scattered around the whole place. Not clear if it’s a part issue and they’re staging them or trucking issue. If it were trucking, I would think they’d be parked in the loading lot which is pretty empty.

At least we have proof that the line is up and running. It's just a matter of time now before we see people getting deliveries. I'd speculate now they're pushing them out they're still finishing up the final touches on the OS. You can see in the video they're driving them around so they're fully functional cars sitting there

At least we have proof that the line is up and running. It's just a matter of time now before we see people getting deliveries. I'd speculate now they're pushing them out they're still finishing up the final touches on the OS. You can see in the video they're driving them around so they're fully functional cars sitting there
Would they hold up shipping waiting on a software update? Given the amount of mules we have seen missing trim pieces, that would be my guess... But who knows 🤷‍♂️

Would they hold up shipping waiting on a software update? Given the amount of mules we have seen missing trim pieces, that would be my guess... But who knows 🤷‍♂️

I would think only if it were functional or safety related. But they could push to the SC's to update.

Do not know if it is trim, but some piece that is keeping them shipping.

Reactions: Leojsayta
I know Gene is full of it, because Tesla isn’t notifying anyone of the delays, they are just happening.
Perhaps the "reports" were from some of us, and if so, the 4 - 5 months wouldn't be too far off if you count against the original estimated delivery of March. though it wouldn't be "additional" delays of 4 - 5 months...

Perhaps the "reports" were from some of us, and if so, the 4 - 5 months wouldn't be too far off if you count against the original estimated delivery of March. though it wouldn't be "additional" delays of 4 - 5 months...
That is exactly what it sounds like. He's literally just repeating the info in this thread.

I would think only if it were functional or safety related. But they could push to the SC's to update.

Do not know if it is trim, but some piece that is keeping them shipping.
ya, I'd think if it were trim, it's a whole heck of a lot easier to ship a bunch of pop in trim pieces than a car to the SCs.

Something's still gotta be missing more than a trim issue. Or they know those trim pieces will be in by EOW or whatever. The fact they're driving them around leads me to believe the majority of the tech is in there. If it's a part, can't be something that would require any disassembly.

Are there rules about things "leaving the factory" in terms of produced? Ford has whole parking lots of F150s sitting without gps chips, but they don't care about produced vs delivered numbers. All those cars sitting seem to have their Monroney, so who knows. Also of interest was the delivery barcode on the roof line, which is new on the MS that we haven't seen before. These things are definitely for public consumption.

Reactions: T-Racer and Tigers
Who the heck is this guy?

Gene Munster
@munster_gene

I'm hearing a steady stream of additional delays for Tesla S&X customers waiting for delivery. In one case they've been notified of a 4-5 month delay. My opinion is demand is favorable and supply is tight.
:rolleyes:

Insightful, if you never actually ship your product, then, yes, supply will stay tight and demand will not weaken