Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No one has mentioned this, but if there are thousands of refresh parked in the Fremont plant, then the car many of you have ordered actually exists and is drivable, just missing a part or two.

It will be in your hands, "Soon"

I was facetious earlier, but the supply chain is ****ed. This could last quite some time. Sucks but every company at this point is ****ed.

Reactions: cubsnlinux
I originally had MSM+cream then changed to white interior (the night I submitted order 2/24). Buddy of mine used to work for Tesla... said one of the most common regrets from customers sitting in floor displays while their vehicle was serviced was not getting white interior. So I immediately swapped it... but not back of line; you'll just be lumped in with mine!
I have always avoided white because I figured it would get dirty. The seats on my last cream colored interior were turning blue on the edges as the color rubbed off my jeans. Are the white seats treated with something to resist staining?

Reactions: gabeincal
I have always avoided white because I figured it would get dirty. The seats on my last cream colored interior were turning blue on the edges as the color rubbed off my jeans. Are the white seats treated with something to resist staining?
baby wipes. white vegan leather is surprisingly stain resistant. you can use stuff like Leather Carpro to add a stain-resistant coating. I don't own any jeans could be another reason why my model 3 white leather hasn't stained.

Another data point ... MS LR RN1145 ordered 2/15 just this morning went to June 22 - 30 from August. Why do I get the feeling that I am being toyed with? I used to think that these changing dates just meant that Tesla was being honest about not having any idea as to when MS LR cars will be birthed and pushed out of the factory, but now I am wondering if they are actively trying to keep people from bailing on their reservations. I need a new car by early July, unfortunately.

Another data point ... MS LR RN1145 ordered 2/15 just this morning went to June 22 - 30 from August. Why do I get the feeling that I am being toyed with? I used to think that these changing dates just meant that Tesla was being honest about not having any idea as to when MS LR cars will be birthed and pushed out of the factory, but now I am wondering if they are actively trying to keep people from bailing on their reservations. I need a new car by early July, unfortunately.

Same here, we have plans and need to be in an new car by then. I want to hang in there for Tesla for many reasons but need honesty and communication. Delays can be excused but poor communication or lying cannot.

I have faith that I will get the vehicle "soon" and will love it. That is what keeps me here.

I read an article yesterday that the backup is due to a part shortage. The missing part is installable at local service centers but is critical enough to trigger a delivery hold. The vehicles are being shipped to local delivery centers but won't be able to go to customers until the parts come in and can be installed.

Reactions: joga
That is good news for you. I ordered in December RN11431 and my updated delivery is now "Stick in the eye". I have that going for me.

I read an article yesterday that the backup is due to a part shortage. The missing part is installable at local service centers but is critical enough to trigger a delivery hold. The vehicles are being shipped to local delivery centers but won't be able to go to customers until the parts come in and can be installed.
Link?
LOL...I'd be careful posting news in this thread that isn't verifiable. I've only been here 2 weeks and I am already ready to skin someone...imagine the people that have been dealing with delays since before Christmas???

I find it odd that when you check the Tesla website, it shows Est Delivery for the new MS Plaid "August/September," while those of us who placed our orders in early February, they're mostly estimating delivery for August as well. They're not being truthful one way or the other. :confused:
That is odd. The tracking spreadsheet has 12 Plaid orders and only one as late as August. I suspect you'll get good news soon.

Reactions: sflgator
I find it odd that when you check the Tesla website, it shows Est Delivery for the new MS Plaid "August/September," while those of us who placed our orders in early February, they're mostly estimating delivery for August as well. They're not being truthful one way or the other. :confused:
I think it is that "white" 🤮 (partially kidding) interior that those of you with those dates have ordered.

Reactions: Drew-MS