Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find it odd that when you check the Tesla website, it shows Est Delivery for the new MS Plaid "August/September," while those of us who placed our orders in early February, they're mostly estimating delivery for August as well. They're not being truthful one way or the other. :confused:

They only update the website very periodically. My guess is, for the S/X it is a manual process. I wouldn't be shocked to see those delivery estimates for the S move to something like October/November in a week or two.

• Informative
Reactions: sflgator
I think it is that "white" 🤮 (partially kidding) interior that those of you with those dates have ordered.
Could be. BTW -- although I've never had a white interior, my wife's LR RR Velar has a 2-tone interior with off white/light cream & black interior and it's gorgeous. My last 2 vehicles, the Jaguar I-Pace HSE EV & Porsche Macan Turbo both had red leather/black seats & interior, but Tesla doesn't offer red. I've seen the white & black interiors of the Teslas and they are very nice, much more exciting than all black...boring, imho. I like the contrast on the inside. Plus, I've done a lot of research and while I was very worried about getting all white seats, the Tesla vegan (faux) leather seats seem to be very easy to clean and really won't stain like white leather would.

Could be. BTW -- although I've never had a white interior, my wife's LR RR Velar has a 2-tone interior with off white/light cream & black interior and it's gorgeous. My last 2 vehicles, the Jaguar I-Pace HSE EV & Porsche Macan Turbo both had red leather/black seats & interior, but Tesla doesn't offer red. I've seen the white & black interiors of the Teslas and they are very nice, much more exciting than all black...boring, imho. I like the contrast on the inside. Plus, I've done a lot of research and while I was very worried about getting all white seats, the Tesla vegan (faux) leather seats seem to be very easy to clean and really won't stain like white leather would.
I have had a couple of Tesla loaner cars with all white and although they weren't horrible I wouldn't want it permanently.

Reminds me of those Cadillacs and Oldsmobiles and Buicks of yesteryear

RN1144 still June 1-30

when you ppl post “my date just moved” can you please add RN#? Doesn’t help anyone speculate further without context.
1621432096012.png

I have had a couple of Tesla loaner cars with all white and although they weren't horrible I wouldn't want it permanently.

Yes!!

My coolest interior, which I thought I would hate till I saw it in person, was the cranberry on my C63 AMG. I was adamant that it would look ridiculous. Not sure I would like white, but every pic I've seen so far, it looks pretty sharp

Don’t recall seeing any push button radios or needle speed dials in the ‘20 Tesla MS Performance I test drove. And the 2-tone white and black is more futuristic than the interiors of the older cars you’re describing. The interior of the Tesla MS reminds me of nothing from the 1970’s - 1980’s cars, lol. 🤔😜

You don't have an anticipated delivery date yet? Doesn't show in your profile
Not currently. Originally March 1-31, then July for a day, then “-“, then “ “, then June 1-30, now “ “. So, even tho I keep checking back I feel like a battered wife going back to her abuser every time I checking.

I think it’s past the point of obvious that Tesla has no control over the situation and no clue when it will be resolved. The first cars can start rolling next week, next month or next year. Until they start getting delivered in large quantities we (and Tesla) are in the dark.

That's because we were discussing Interior Color not knobs and buttons and dials. 🤯 🤣
Edited. Whatever. To each his/her own. Just think it’s a bit of a stretch to compare the interior of a Tesla to the interiors of 1970’s - 1980’s Caddy & Buick “boats.” I would say that’s reaching quite a bit and trying your best to justify your choice of going with all plain black on black…a snoozer imho. 😴

That's because we were discussing Interior Color not knobs and buttons and dials. 🤯 🤣
Yeah okay, totally the same right? I see where you’re coming from. Dude - you should go have your eyes checked. Lol. 😳😜

Attachments

• 2F29FD74-BE3F-4670-8A85-19BC28B7E33C.jpeg
    2F29FD74-BE3F-4670-8A85-19BC28B7E33C.jpeg
    525.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 29444E32-1FB1-4812-86E0-26F15FF556D3.jpeg
    29444E32-1FB1-4812-86E0-26F15FF556D3.jpeg
    343 KB · Views: 42
  • Funny
Reactions: T-Racer and wws
My eyes work just fine. To each their own and both look just as crappy to me. White / cream isn't for everyone. Glad you like your retro look tho!!;)
This is the second time Florida man has picked a childish fight because someone found exception with something he likes. He'll probably insult me next over this post. His skin is extremely thin.

My eyes work just fine. To each their own and both look just as crappy to me. White / cream isn't for everyone. Glad you like your retro look tho!!;)
I see you've ordered the black on black in the MS LR; had that in my AMG...loved the look of it although it was hot (and can't have that in South FL...no bueno). I'm just over the all black interiors...it's a bit bland but MB tends to make it more exciting of course. Tesla...not so much...very bland and minimalist. Not a fan of the Tesla MS 19" wheels either...meh...so boring! Don't love the 21" Arachnids either but they are sportier. Seems you and I differ in our likes/dislikes and certainly that's okay...I'm in the "sporty" category and you may be in the "old fart" category, haha. 😜 J/k.

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks