Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think one the main goals of the revamped tax credit is to get people into EVs who, under normal circumstances, would not even consider an EV due to price premiums above ICE vehicles. For buyers of cars like the MS etc that price premium over EVs is most likely not an issue.

So I’m guessing that the thinking is, why waste incentives on wealthier people who are going to buy an EV regardless of whether incentives apply or not.
And this type of thinking applies to most vehicles. They want to give discounts to those who need it, not the ones buying top end products. This is why most manufacturer sales and rebates exclude their top line vehicles.

Reminder, if you want to *carefully* update your data on the tracking spreadsheet, perhaps we can divine some patterns. If you are uncomfortable make changes yourself, DM me and I'll make the updates (no worries)

done

Tigers said:
I will say, after living in California for a year or so, it was pretty hilarious watching people driving around $100k cars sitting in traffic on the way to their 9-5 and then coming home to an apartment, likely around the 800 sq ft mark. Always made me giggle. I digress.

Yea last part I agree with that makes no sense I see it as well.
Welcome to California real estate! In my area, 3,500 sq ft homes now start at the $2 million mark without any type of view. If you are just looking to buy a home, you are either priced out of the market or you better find other ways to cut living expenses. If you want to drive a 100K car you better look for an apartment.

Tigers said:
I will say, after living in California for a year or so, it was pretty hilarious watching people driving around $100k cars sitting in traffic on the way to their 9-5 and then coming home to an apartment, likely around the 800 sq ft mark. Always made me giggle. I digress.

Welcome to California real estate! In my area, 3,500 sq ft homes now start at the $2 million mark without any type of view. If you are just looking to buy a home, you are either priced out of the market or you better find other ways to cut living expenses. If you want to drive a 100K car you better look for an apartment.
I lived in Boston a few years back and was looking at a new condo and a one bedroom ~800 sqft started at around $1.2M... with that amount you can literally get a decent mansion in TX!

Reactions: Kaos_X
Tigers said:

Yea I feel you with that, I used to live in the bay area but then moved to the California desert area due to working on the base over here, and the price difference is massive. My mortgage here is less than rent I used to see in the bay area.

I lived in Boston a few years back and was looking at a new condo and a one bedroom ~800 sqft started at around $1.2M... with that amount you can literally get a decent mansion in TX!

Since we're digressing, location, location, location. If all one cares about is the biggest house for one's buck, then DFW is a great spot. If one cares more about other amenities, like weather, abundance of public parks and mountains, then the SF bay area is tough to beat, etc. Clearly, it depends on one's priorities. There is no one size fits all when it comes to real estate.

1621539076555.png

According to the TMC spreadsheet, I have been waiting the longest for an MS (excluding Plaid+ orders). Maybe Elon will deliver it to me in person at the event... I'll start holding my breathe now....

Tesla web site is certainly quirky. The account page showing RN and pic but when I click "manage" it goes to a page showing me a picture of an M3 but no text below.
Yeah my PC rebooted on me, and when I reopened my web page tabs, the tesla page came back as an internal server error. I think they are in the process of upgrading all the LR orders to Plaid as an apology for the wait.