Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same for me. I wouldn't mind this color black but with no wheels, hope i get a discount!

Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 7.47.09 PM.png

The only way I can explain what owning your first Model S is like is to compare it to the birth of your first child. Lots of inconvenience and pain for nine months and then smiles on your face from the day of delivery on...😊
I didn't pass out, but had to pee between every contraction to the point where a nurse asked if I had my prostate checked. The delivery process was rougher for me than the Mrs.

Hate to say (kinda) but I don’t even know what that means.
I take it something outdated?
Were you born in the 90’s? If so, consider yourself lucky that you never needed to endure the agony of dial-up modems to access the internet.

He is referring to dial-up modem speeds before WiFi and broadband connections existed.
This used a standard phone line and modem and the connection speeds were severely limited.

In the early 90’s we used 9,600 bits/s connections that were then upgraded to 14.4 k/bits and then 28.8 and 56 k/bit. 56 k/bit was the fastest dialup before we moved to 128k ISDN lines and then T1 lines which were 1.5 megabit. Thankfully, our modern broadband is now measured in double digit megabit or gigabit connections.

Last edited:
Were you born in the 90’s?
He is referring to dial-up modem speeds before WiFi and broadband connections existed.
This used a standard phone line and modem and the connection speeds were severely limited.

In the early 90’s we used 9,600 bits/s connections that were then upgraded to 14.4 k/bits and then 28.8 and 56 k/bit. 56 k/bit was the fastest dialup before we moved to 128k ISDN lines and then modern broadband and WiFi as we know it now.

Don't forget the blazing innovation that was the 33.6 modem.