Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just don't wear blue jeans in the car
I bought a new AMG-gts in 2016. Had white interior with some black speckles in the leather. The car was gorgeous but anytime I wore blue jeans, it left blue marks on the seat. However it was no problem that baby wipes couldn’t take care of. So it was a little bit of a pia but no real problem.

I don't understand why you'd bother. When Tesla came out with their polyurethane (aka "vegan leather") interiors, many YouTubers conducted some pretty harrowing tests: rubbing mustard and ketchup into the seats, for example. Since the polyurethane is non-porous, it doesn't really stain. Baby wipes or similar moistened cleaning wipes work well to keep them sparkling clean, even after years of use.

The only issue I've heard of with the white seats is that the white stitching can stain, but that would be true regardless of the seat material.
Any Blue Jeans test you can point me to? They are hell on light interiors in my Mercedes.

Reactions: doubleshot
I had an Alfa Romeo stelvio last year w/o front license plate. Drove to Santa Monica. Parked and paid the meter. Came back and and had a ticket for “no front license plate”. Some towns are just ball busters.

Yeah, on CA, the parking enforcement folks are the ones who enforce the front plate. I have mine mounted on a frame with some suction cups on the back and stick it on the front of the car when I street park in SF.

Reactions: Sbaimo
Spoilers can usually be placed on at the delivery center. I know my previous ones were applied right as I picked up

This would make sense if there is a delay in CF and CF spoilers. The ones we are seeing in the videos are actually Plaid waiting for a spolier. We do see some with spoilers at Fremont, though.

I tell ya, seeing everyone’s random and ever-changing delivery targets combined with Tesla’s horrendous communication makes me hope they figure this out for the gazillion Cybertruck reservation holders. Our Model S debacle is a refresh of a well established vehicle...the CT involves completely new build methods using new materials with new battery technology in a new factory. It’s gonna be wild. 😬

How can you tell they are Plaid?
Same I don't see red calipers. Also doesn't make sense because they are selling CF spoilers on the tesla website still. Model S Carbon Fiber Spoiler
no plaids.JPG

I tell ya, seeing everyone’s random and ever-changing delivery targets combined with Tesla’s horrendous communication makes me hope they figure this out for the gazillion Cybertruck reservation holders. Our Model S debacle is a refresh of a well established vehicle...the CT involves completely new build methods using new materials with new battery technology in a new factory. It’s gonna be wild. 😬
The good news is that the tri-motor configuration and stalkless design seem to be mostly shared with cybertruck. The pains now may be slightly alleviating some of the future ones.

I am not sure you can tell--the cars are backlit, plus the angle and resolution.
I agree. I think it is very difficult to tell. If you look at my profile picture you can barely spot the red calipers and this was shot standing right next to it. Put the camera 20+ ft in the air and it becomes almost impossible.

I had an Alfa Romeo stelvio last year w/o front license plate. Drove to Santa Monica. Parked and paid the meter. Came back and and had a ticket for “no front license plate”. Some towns are just ball busters.
Santa Monica and Santa Barbara. I put my plate on the dash on the passenger side to avoid it. Almost a sure thing if you park in a public metered parking area in those towns where they are patrolling constantly.

Reactions: HumanInput