Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn’t bother with the interior. Shortly after we got our X with white interior, wife spilled a jar of Indian spices on passenger seat. Serious yellow paste. Stuff stains clothing and most fabrics like toxic chemical waste. Wiped right off with a bit of baking soda and non-alcohol baby wipes.

Four years later, still super white and clean.
Good to know. Just love the way the white pops but I wear jeans and the dye likes to bleed out on everything.

Reactions: HumanInput
I recommend you to be patient and get the car you like and want. If you compromise for an earlier delivery you would be happy for may be a week but after that will regret everyday you have that car.
This is sound advice. I’ve been configuring Ys and Plaids and at the end of the day, I’m resigned to waiting for my LR whenever it arrives.

Dang! I'm not a fan of the brown wood though but I want white interior so I'm gonna have to swap out. Mine are both blank even my recent plaid order
I wonder how many MS orders are multiple based on people seeing a June delivery date 🙄 on new orders and no delivery date on theirs from months prior. I’m sure Tesla can easily determine actual demand just by screening out multiple orders from a single email but if they aren’t on top of that they still be in for a world of hurt when the cancellations come.

Although members on this forum are probably more active in that way than more casual buyers, so probably not as frequent as we see here.

• Funny
Reactions: doubleshot
Good to know. Just love the way the white pops but I wear jeans and the dye likes to bleed out on everything.
Wifey only wears leggings (could have a whole separate thread on that alone). I wear jeans but only am driver or passenger 10% of the time. Will see what happens when I get the white on my +. Currently my S is the black vegan. Looks brand new as well after almost 4 years. I do have to say the vegan stuff holds up way better than traditional leather. At least for us.

I wonder how many MS orders are multiple based on people seeing a June delivery date 🙄 on new orders and no delivery date on theirs from months prior. I’m sure Tesla can easily determine actual demand just by screening out multiple orders from a single email but if they aren’t on top of that they still be in for a world of hurt when the cancellations come.

Although members on this forum are probably more active in that way than more casual buyers, so probably not as frequent as we see here.

just got a call from my local Tesla SA who noticed I had two orders for almost identical cars. she spoke to her manager and called me back telling me it would be ok if I kept both plaid orders in place and take the first one that comes my way and simply cancel the other one. Of course I’m out 100 bucks.

A coworker of mine did ceramic on his M3 white seats. Said so far it's been great. I'm definitely doing that as well but I'm going to have my shop that's doing my exterior ceramic do the interior too.
I don't understand why you'd bother. When Tesla came out with their polyurethane (aka "vegan leather") interiors, many YouTubers conducted some pretty harrowing tests: rubbing mustard and ketchup into the seats, for example. Since the polyurethane is non-porous, it doesn't really stain. Baby wipes or similar moistened cleaning wipes work well to keep them sparkling clean, even after years of use.

The only issue I've heard of with the white seats is that the white stitching can stain, but that would be true regardless of the seat material.

I don't understand why you'd bother. When Tesla came out with their polyurethane (aka "vegan leather") interiors, many YouTubers conducted some pretty harrowing tests: rubbing mustard and ketchup into the seats, for example. Since the polyurethane is non-porous, it doesn't really stain. Baby wipes or similar moistened cleaning wipes work well to keep them sparkling clean, even after years of use.

The only issue I've heard of with the white seats is that the white stitching can stain, but that would be true regardless of the seat material.

I thought that all to be true too. However: I had a loaner Y a while back that looked do have the ink from the sheets between multiple copies of a form / invoice if they makes sense. My service advisor told me they were aware it and it couldn’t be removed.

Being me I tried everything in my arsenal of products (and that’s a lot) to get it off the white seat and it would not come off. Have never wanted white but that would have been the seal breaker if I had.

My original plaid order lost its June delivery last night after Elon’s tweet. So I just ordered a second Plaid that was identical with the change to a wood interior. This new order shows a June delivery while my original order has no delivery time. I guess I’ll take the first car that I’m offered and lose 100 bucks. I’m ok with carbon or wood. Other options are MSM cream , 21 in wheels, FSD
My order still says June for plaid cream interior with carbon fiber, red.
What interior and ext colors did you choose?

I wouldn’t bother with the interior. Shortly after we got our X with white interior, wife spilled a jar of Indian spices on passenger seat. Serious yellow paste. Stuff stains clothing and most fabrics like toxic chemical waste. Wiped right off with a bit of baking soda and non-alcohol baby wipes.

That is impressive coz that stuff stains EVERYTHING. I think the lesson for the white is don't let stuff sit on it.

Reactions: JustSaying
🪵 I think it’s lumber from Home Depot and Lowe’s. Mass amounts needed to retrofit an extra support bracket for the new adjustable rear spoiler. 🪵

1622326377697.png

• Funny
Reactions: doubleshot
My order still says June for plaid cream interior with carbon fiber, red.
What interior and ext colors did you choose?
both were cream interior, MSM , 21 inch wheels along with FSD. My original order had carbon which lost its delivery time last night. If you order the same car with carbon now they show an August delivery date. My order today is the same only with a wood interior and it has a June delivery. So I will keep both in place and take the first one that becomes available. I lose 100 bucks.

CA is a bit more chill -- you can do whatever you want to the rear and back, but front sides must be 70% VLT. Plenty of folks ignore that and go darker on the front, but I am not looking for more reasons to get pulled over--my one act of defiance is no front plate.
I had an Alfa Romeo stelvio last year w/o front license plate. Drove to Santa Monica. Parked and paid the meter. Came back and and had a ticket for “no front license plate”. Some towns are just ball busters.

Four years later, still super white and clean.
just don't wear blue jeans in the car