Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla website says ALL glass comes with:
  1. Ultraviolet and infrared protection on all glass.
Is this misleading? I never know with the way things are going this year.
They do--most OEMs have some minimal level of tinting. I like a much darker tint on the back windows for the comfort of my passengers and also for security so folks cannot easily see if there is anything in the back seat. On the front windows I like the AIR product because it provides UV and IR reaction but is lightly tinted so does not run afoul of traffic regs.

Where I live, the summer temps regularly hit triple digits and there is typically little cloud cover so the sun can be pretty brutal without some additional protection.

Website now says “White or Carbon Fiber deliveries begin in August”. Ugh now I’m wondering if this is for ALL orders or just the ones from here on out.

I’ve been very patient this far but I’m beginning to reach the end of my line with the utter lack of anything concrete.

I need a car more than I need the white interior. However given the choice I’d rather have the white interior. Tesla’s lack of communication at this point is causing me to contemplate compromising on the choice of my car in order to potentially secure a car in a timely manner. I’m spending $90k+ on this thing. I don’t want to get inside every day and ruminate not getting the white interior. At the same time, having to wait till August or later is also a no-go. Ughhh makes me so frustrated!
At this point. Waiting long enough anyways. Just get what you want. You can't change it after you get the car lol. That's why I finally said eh and changed to white interior a few weeks ago.

I
They do--most OEMs have some minimal level of tinting. I like a much darker tint on the back windows for the comfort of my passengers and also for security so folks cannot easily see if there is anything in the back seat. On the front windows I like the AIR product because it provides UV and IR reaction but is lightly tinted so does not run afoul of traffic regs.

Where I live, the summer temps regularly hit triple digits and there is typically little cloud cover so the sun can be pretty brutal without some additional protection.
Wish I could do a dark back window and rears. GA law says 32% all around on non trucks/SUV which sucks.

Front Side windows: Must allow more than 32% of light in.
Back Side windows: Must allow more than 32% of light in.
Rear Window: Must allow more than 32% of light in.

Reactions: boonedocks
I

Wish I could do a dark back window and rears. GA law says 32% all around on non trucks/SUV which sucks.

I doubt this has anything to do with safety of driving and everything to do with policing poor people. Laws like this drive me nuts.

• Helpful
Reactions: Sbaimo
The Tesla website says ALL glass comes with:
  1. Ultraviolet and infrared protection on all glass.
Is this misleading? I never know with the way things are going this year.

It's not the same as tint but my 2016 also has UV and IR on all glass. The all glass roof is very heavily protected and tinted. Drops of water are amber red or blood red in color from the protective layers on the roof glass and the rear hatch.

Website now says “White or Carbon Fiber deliveries begin in August”. Ugh now I’m wondering if this is for ALL orders or just the ones from here on out.

I’ve been very patient this far but I’m beginning to reach the end of my line with the utter lack of anything concrete.

I need a car more than I need the white interior. However given the choice I’d rather have the white interior. Tesla’s lack of communication at this point is causing me to contemplate compromising on the choice of my car in order to potentially secure a car in a timely manner. I’m spending $90k+ on this thing. I don’t want to get inside every day and ruminate not getting the white interior. At the same time, having to wait till August or later is also a no-go. Ughhh makes me so frustrated!
I recommend you to be patient and get the car you like and want. If you compromise for an earlier delivery you would be happy for may be a week but after that will regret everyday you have that car.

I

CA is a bit more chill -- you can do whatever you want to the rear and back, but front sides must be 70% VLT. Plenty of folks ignore that and go darker on the front, but I am not looking for more reasons to get pulled over--my one act of defiance is no front plate.

Prepare to be pissed...
I tend to think you are right, but Tesla's word choice had been a bit ambiguous. There is a difference between "Plaid prioritized" and "Plaid exclusively" -- it seems like they have built some number or LRs and if they can get those delivered too I would imagine they will try and do that.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
CA is a bit more chill -- you can do whatever you want to the rear and back, but front sides must be 70% VLT. Plenty of folks ignore that and go darker on the front, but I am not looking for more reasons to get pulled over--my one act of defiance is no front plate.
Yea. I grew up in LA and did dark all around. Got a ticket once and had to go to CHP to show proof that it was fixed. Immediately went back to the shop and had it put back on. Many of the tinters back then had a policy saying they'd remove and reapply if you got a fixit ticket.

We have put ~20% on all of our cars since forever ago (in Georgia as well). Never been pulled over once (Karma please be kind 🙏🏻)

A co-worker said it has to be because our cars have always been black and unless they (police etc) just want to be a Dic% it’s not near as noticeable as other colors.

Our Model X front windows were matched to the rears as well

Going back to our 2009 era cars as well pix below
01318D05-E2ED-4EA3-93E9-497A17830D50.png

D59C0603-DF17-4D68-B0AA-BE5BD33BEF4A.jpeg

We have put ~20% on all of our cars since forever ago (in Georgia as well). Never been pulled over once (Karma please be kind 🙏🏻) A co-worker said it has to be because our cars have always been black and unless they (police etc) just want to be a Dic% it’s not near as noticeable as other colors.

Our Model X front windows were matched to the rears as well View attachment 667670
20% is awesome. I did 30% on my old car and didn't have any problem but felt it was good enough. 20% on MSM I feel would be way too obvious.

RN 1143x, ordered 1/10, MS LR, White/Cream, Arachnids, FSD, located in Colorado.

Has been holding “June 1-30” and “June” for 3 weeks now steadily. None of the jumping around that everyone else has seen. Talked to my SA yesterday and he fully admitted he knew nothing and that the latest info was right here.

Financing expired for the second time last week but my profile says nothing of it and hasn’t changed..

A coworker of mine did ceramic on his M3 white seats. Said so far it's been great. I'm definitely doing that as well but I'm going to have my shop that's doing my exterior ceramic do the interior too.
I wouldn’t bother with the interior. Shortly after we got our X with white interior, wife spilled a jar of Indian spices on passenger seat. Serious yellow paste. Stuff stains clothing and most fabrics like toxic chemical waste. Wiped right off with a bit of baking soda and non-alcohol baby wipes.

Four years later, still super white and clean.

At this point. Waiting long enough anyways. Just get what you want. You can't change it after you get the car lol. That's why I finally said eh and changed to white interior a few weeks ago.
My original plaid order lost its June delivery last night after Elon’s tweet. So I just ordered a second Plaid that was identical with the change to a wood interior. This new order shows a June delivery while my original order has no delivery time. I guess I’ll take the first car that I’m offered and lose 100 bucks. I’m ok with carbon or wood. Other options are MSM cream , 21 in wheels, FSD

Reactions: doubleshot
My original plaid order lost its June delivery last night after Elon’s tweet. So I just ordered a second Plaid that was identical with the change to a wood interior. This new order shows a June delivery while my original order has no delivery time. I guess I’ll take the first car that I’m offered and lose 100 bucks. I’m ok with carbon or wood. Other options are MSM cream , 21 in wheels, FSD
Dang! I'm not a fan of the brown wood though but I want white interior so I'm gonna have to swap out. Mine are both blank even my recent plaid order