Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just called the 888 tesla number, put in my zip code, chose 2 for the "i have a delivery date".. because i kinda did, until it got backspaced this morning.
they sent me to the Devon SC, dude was cool. he said, because i had a June delivery on there, that it was a good sign and that wait until the evening of the 10th and check account again for an update. he said plaids are priority.

Edit: I also remember he said that he is seeing the date disappear on a lot of orders very recently. Not super helpful I guess, but thought I would mention it.
Do you still have June delivery? When did you order?

I don't think @eipi10 has time to buy a Porsche. I think he has an attorney on retainer and is working on the discovery phase of his Tesla lawsuit.
Weren’t you getting a Porsche instead?
I just looked at the Taycan 4S, looks great until you see it only has a range of 199 miles. I will wait for for my Plaid or LR, whichever one comes first...
But for fun we bought this new "EV"

Attachments

• IMG_0929.jpg
    IMG_0929.jpg
    549.2 KB · Views: 54
I just called my local Tesla SA. Not something I'm proud of or believe in, but thought I would give it a try. I told them that my account updated to a new delivery window of June 22 - June 30 and asked if a VIN had been assigned. I was told that no VIN was showing on the account, but that I must be getting close because of the new delivery window.

I told them I would be out of town starting on June 24th for the rest of June and asked what would happen if the car came in during that period. They said they would notate the account to say that delivery would need to occur on June 22nd or June 23rd. I'm not holding my breath and I'm not even sure that I have a better than zero chance of getting the car on one of those two days.

Last edited:
I just called my local Tesla SA. Not something I'm proud of or believe in, but thought I would give it a try. I told them that my account updated to a new delivery window of June 22 - June 30 and asked if a VIN had been assigned. I was told that no VIN was showing on the account, but that I must be getting close because of the new delivery window.

I told them I would be out of town starting on June 24th for the rest of June and asked what would happen if the car came in during that period. They said they would notate the account to say that delivery would need to occur on June 22nd or June 23rd. I'm not holding my breath and I'm not even sure that I have a better than zero chance of getting the car on one of those two days.
Because your weather is perfect, I do not feel for you, in any way. I do not regret saying this.

Unless VIN assignments were accompanied by NDAs? The prevailing wisdom on this forum is that the initial Plaid deliveries will be made to insiders and VIPs so NDAs are a distinct possibility.
Yeah I think this is a safe bet!
Unless a s**t ton of us get VINs on the 10th and see the cars the last week of the month which would be the "two weeks from VIN assignment to delivery" scenario we've all heard or been a part of in the past.

Basically that would explain all the end of the month date ranges

I just looked at the Taycan 4S, looks great until you see it only has a range of 199 miles. I will wait for for my Plaid or LR, whichever one comes first...
But for fun we bought this new "EV"

Played hooky from the office for a bit today to car shop. Looked at the E-Tron, Taycan, and I-Pace. All great cars but no good on the range for my style of driving. For EV's, it looks like it is Tesla or nothing for this month. Cannot wait for the Rivian or Lucid. Do not like the looks of the EQS, Mach-E, or others.

Tested the Audi A7, Defender, and F-Pace SVR. Will probably go with one of those in the next week or so if I hear nothing good from Tesla by then. Hope to hear some good news moving forward on the 10th (I can dream...).

The car shopping reinforced how far Tesla is ahead of other on some of the features but I cannot wait around with no information or end in sight. If they gave a more firm date, I could plan around it but cannot keep holding out for them all year.

Played hooky from the office for a bit today to car shop. Looked at the E-Tron, Taycan, and I-Pace. All great cars but no good on the range for my style of driving. For EV's, it looks like it is Tesla or nothing for this month. Cannot wait for the Rivian or Lucid. Do not like the looks of the EQS, Mach-E, or others.

Tested the Audi A7, Defender, and F-Pace SVR. Will probably go with one of those in the next week or so if I hear nothing good from Tesla by then. Hope to hear some good news moving forward on the 10th (I can dream...).

The car shopping reinforced how far Tesla is ahead of other on some of the features but I cannot wait around with no information or end in sight. If they gave a more firm date, I could plan around it but cannot keep holding out for them all year.
So on the 10th... Do we actually know whats going to be talked about or is it just an assumption?

That’s the problem. Half the range and no supercharger network. And some of the better ones are priced like a Plaid, in which case they are no longer competitive in performance, either. They have us over a barrel and they know it.

If it was here in North America and readily available for purchase it would probably be in my garage right now.

I agree. Even the sportback version was good looking - which they had in stock. The salesman said his brother has one and gets realistically 175 miles in range. He said the GT would probably be January at best.

The JLR dealer had a couple (Defenders and F-Paces) in stock now that I liked. They said 5-6 months to order one and they joked "it will probably still be here before your Tesla".

I am not sure what will be said. For me, I will need to hear something credible from Elon/Tesla that makes me be able and willing to wait it out longer.

This is all my opinion, but I feel like the "event" will be almost exclusively set to sell the Plaid. At announcement, the Plaid really didn't offer much in a way to differentiate itself from the LR. Most of the news we've received applied to Paladium updates, which apply to both cars. The Plaid had the third motor and faster 0-60 times, but that was knocked a bit by reports of the rolling start and it also had a lower range when compared to the LR. I realize the range difference isn't much, but because one is over 400 and one under, psychologically, that can be impactful. There's a reason companies list prices as $3.99 and not $4.00.

With the Plaid+ listed on the site, they never really took the time to "Establish" the awesomeness of the Plaid. There was a Plaid+ coming on the order page that would be faster and goes so much farther with likely newer battery technology. I'd wager that their Plaid sales were much lower than they wanted. So they remove the Plaid+ (since it's so far out and really only confusing potential Plaid buyers) and try and convert as many of those as possible to Plaid. Then I think they are looking to try and add a few specific features to the Plaid to make it more attractive (like carbon fiber spoiler, and matching door handles, I would bet there are a few more Plaid "surprises" announced here to generate buzz). I doubt anything that will be radically different, but enough to help get all the news outlets to publish articles about some new Plaid exclusive features (which may or may not be for LR as well).

I think they know the LR will sell itself. It's super fast and has crazy range already, they don't need to build any demand there. But the king is the Plaid, and they shot themselves in the foot by the confusion of if/when the Plaid+ is coming and the features that are shared with the LR.

This is obviously just a guess, but for the next 7 days, what else are we going to do?