Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish we could do some social experiments...

Order LR 19" White/Black No FSD
Order LR 21" White/Black FSD
Order LR 19" White/White No FSD
Order LR 21" White/White FSD

See which one gets a date and which one does not.
I know theres a spreadsheet already, but if we could have it centralized on 1 account and follow any logic, would be easy to track.

OR

Roll the dice and add FSD and see if you get a date... if you get a date then remove it and see if the date sticks.
You are trying to find reasonable information in order to determine your delivery date. I think the problem might be that Tesla is going to deliver your vehicle when it is best for Tesla.
they might even be flipping coins.

We are new to Tesla but this forum is catching me up on the SOP. We ordered LR in Jan for estimated Feb delivery since our current car was showing signs of EOL. Nursed our car along but now it's dead. Didn't really want or need the Plaid but put in a Plaid order two weeks ago, in case we can get it much sooner, LR gets delayed even further because parts shortages causes priority to Plaid, or the potential "LR does not ship because did not meet Tesla standards." Seems like increase in raw materials and component shortages might bring LR shipment to a crawl or even get cancelled with our only consolation being a $100 refund or worse yet, a $100 coupon toward purchase of a plaid. So as to not get strung along and leading to eventual disappointment, we order the plaid as well. Took off FSD and extended warranty to get the price into our wheelhouse. Still hoping for the LR in August at least, but if something crazy comes up on the 10th we have our back up plan.
Welcome to Tesla and this thread. Yeah, we ended up in Performance Model X for the same reason as (nursing along a dying Jeep - RIP). BTW, you can always add the extended warranty on down the road (as long as the car is still under the original warranty).

Roll the dice and add FSD and see if you get a date... if you get a date then remove it and see if the date sticks.
I added FSD to my LR order last week and yesterday was immediately rewarded with a June 22 - June 30 delivery date. I was certain that my earlier delivery date was directly correlated to the FSD package. However, this was short lived since I only had the date on my account for about 16 hours and it is now back to blank.

So, I’m not sure if it helped. Too soon to tell I guess.

Yes I plan on getting OEM so probably no group buy unless someone else has an idea!
I bought my first OEM spoiler off TMC for 1/5th the price Tesla sells them for. Tesla even installed it for me during a mobile service visit. When I later changed to a different S a few years later, I found a non-OEM spoiler on eBay for 1/10th what Tesla charges and it looks identical to the OEM spoiler.

I wish we could do some social experiments...

Order LR 19" White/Black No FSD
Order LR 21" White/Black FSD
Order LR 19" White/White No FSD
Order LR 21" White/White FSD

See which one gets a date and which one does not.
I know theres a spreadsheet already, but if we could have it centralized on 1 account and follow any logic, would be easy to track.

OR

I rolled the dice a few weeks ago and had added FSD to my 1143 order. Still no date *and* no remove FSD button also. 🤣

You are trying to find reasonable information in order to determine your delivery date. I think the problem might be that Tesla is going to deliver your vehicle when it is best for Tesla.
they might even be flipping coins.
I think it’s more like this:
1622824377176.gif

Reactions: EVonly