Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyones order (pre-refresh) accurately show the $2000 discount we supposedly are getting?
1622817696487.png

See my sig for when I originally ordered...

Since we are in the same delivery area and ordered on the same day I can only imagine your choice of FSD and Arachnids on your LR put you higher up the food chain than my relatively pedestrian non-FSD Tempest equipped LR.
It all appears to be meaningless at this point. I think we need to stop reading into these fake delivery dates. I guess my fully loaded LR order with Arachnids and FSD got me a delivery date yesterday, but wasn’t good enough for a delivery date today. There doesn’t appear to be any rhyme or reason to the madness.

It all appears to be meaningless at this point. I think we need to stop reading into these fake delivery dates. I guess my fully loaded LR order with Arachnids and FSD got me a delivery date yesterday, but wasn’t good enough for a delivery date today. There doesn’t appear to be any rhyme or reason to the madness.
I agree 💯 %, but while Tesla’s execution of their intentions is highly suspect, I believe those dates indicate what they are attempting to deliver. The fact we consistently see higher optioned cars occasionally show delivery dates and less profitable models like mine don’t even attempt to show a delivery even though the region and order times are similar leads me to believe I’m back of the line unless I hit that FSD button.

AM update: LR date went away and Plaid holding at "June"

The spoiler is functional (I think I shared the story of how a owner ended up chatting with the engineer who designed, while they were both at an SC).

You need to buy it via the Tesla Store and it is shipped to your service center.
I don’t think we know yet whether the current spoiler available on the Tesla website is compatible with the refresh. And it’s not worth asking because no publicly facing Tesla employee appears to know the specs. And sadly, the CF shortage might cause delay in getting one that is compatible. I suppose it couldn’t hurt to order the old one to ensure you get it if it is compatible and exchange it, if not.

My 1/30 LR order consistently blank for weeks now (see signature).

We are new to Tesla but this forum is catching me up on the SOP. We ordered LR in Jan for estimated Feb delivery since our current car was showing signs of EOL. Nursed our car along but now it's dead. Didn't really want or need the Plaid but put in a Plaid order two weeks ago, in case we can get it much sooner, LR gets delayed even further because parts shortages causes priority to Plaid, or the potential "LR does not ship because did not meet Tesla standards." Seems like increase in raw materials and component shortages might bring LR shipment to a crawl or even get cancelled with our only consolation being a $100 refund or worse yet, a $100 coupon toward purchase of a plaid. So as to not get strung along and leading to eventual disappointment, we order the plaid as well. Took off FSD and extended warranty to get the price into our wheelhouse. Still hoping for the LR in August at least, but if something crazy comes up on the 10th we have our back up plan.

Reactions: T-Racer and EVonly
I wish we could do some social experiments...

Order LR 19" White/Black No FSD
Order LR 21" White/Black FSD
Order LR 19" White/White No FSD
Order LR 21" White/White FSD

See which one gets a date and which one does not.
I know theres a spreadsheet already, but if we could have it centralized on 1 account and follow any logic, would be easy to track.

OR

Roll the dice and add FSD and see if you get a date... if you get a date then remove it and see if the date sticks.

My sa just called and he told me that Tesla does read this forum. He said “because you are so unhappy with our customer service we are going to drop off your new S tomorrow to make sure you are happy with it for a month. Then, if you decide to keep it, you will receive a 10,000 discount to reflect the price when you ordered back in December.”

i declined the offer and told them I would rather hang out with my pals on this delivery update thread. I don’t want any special treatment. What else would I do every morning???