Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I set up another Google sheet for questions about the car and I'll do my best to answer them as soon as possible once I pick up the car on Thursday--I figure that will work better than a bunch of questions posted here

I mean who knows - that's been the rumor now for a few weeks though.

However - IF they really are planning on the first cars coming out of Texas late this year (Model Y) with the 4680s and structural battery pack...hmmm, I just don't see how they sell people a $120K car that once again, has worse tech.

4680s are more than just more range, its also much better charging, longer battery life and better performance.
Agreed, but I think we can all agree that Tesla really doesn't have very good "planning" and even when they "plan" for things, it all changes on the fly, so who knows what's going to happen. While I would LOVE to get the new batteries in my 2021 Plaid to get > 450-500+ mi. range, I don't think it's happening. It could however, very well happen to next year's Model S Plaid and X Plaid with much higher price points for these flagship Plaid vehicles.

Off topic: At this point I wonder if tri-motor cybertruck is next to get delayed

Back on topic: This means some cancellations are coming, with others moving up in line
Probably. There was also a graphic back in April with factory status & CT factory wasn’t even under construction yet.
B533BD34-0F2D-4C77-85B1-93CA9F9631A4.png

Reactions: TNGuy99
Agreed, but I think we can all agree that Tesla really doesn't have very good "planning" and even when they "plan" for things, it all changes on the fly, so who knows what's going to happen. While I would LOVE to get the new batteries in my 2021 Plaid to get > 450-500+ mi. range, I don't think it's happening. It could however, very well happen to next year's Model S Plaid and X Plaid with much higher price points for these flagship Plaid vehicles.

Oh yeah - for sure - half of the features these cars are going to have were definitely randomly added over the last 60-90 days. No question about it. I don't believe we are getting the same vehicles we ordered in Q1. How much and what will be different? Who the hell knows. lol

Exactly; my guess is these new batteries will go into next year's Plaid (with a much higher price for the 2022 or 2023 Plaid), CT, and Semi. We'll see if they go into the 2022 MY or not.
as someone who was considering buying the plaid but went with the LR, I don’t think it would be smart for Tesla to keep enhanced features of the Plaid secret. This is really a faithful bunch of people who think that Tesla is going to surprise them with some secret technologies.

Hahaha daaang no plaid +

people are going to flip

Well, now that I’ve scraped my brains and spit off the ceiling, I know what I’m doing. Just going to wait until the whatever they call the S at the time comes out with 4680’s. F it. What a *sugar* show last 6 months.

I just don't see how they sell people a $120K car that once again, has worse tech.
That is the way--our Model X is production VIN 4xx and within six months they rolled out AP 2.0. The only sure bet is that waiting will get you a better car.

Personally, I think the new cells will come the the S and the X but only after the CT, Semi and Roadster, so its probably a running change, but a couple of years out. I am also guessing that you will eventually see the + offers as a build-time upgrade with things upgraded suspension, active wing etc. They did this a while back with the P85 and the P85+.

Must have done something good along the way--just got a call from Tesla--I am picking my car up on Thursday as part of the event. It is MSM over white with wood and 21s.

View attachment 670345
Make sure you don’t black out when you zoom to 60 MPH in 2 seconds with all that adrenaline and excitement after accepting it haha!