Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What they should've done was to make the 1/2 steering wheel yoke thing a no-cost (or perhaps a $1,000 upgrade or whatever?) option with with the regular round (but stalkless) steering wheel standard. Many people like us would've just opted for the regular, round stalkless steering wheel at time of order. My SA, his mgr, and the RM have all said currently there is no option for a regular, round steering wheel so we're basically stuck trying to re-learn how to drive with a new steering wheel...stupid, imho but I am willing to try it.

If I absoluetly hate it and feel it's a bit dangerous and cumbersome to use, I will likely sell the Plaid toward the end of the year or next year to buy a Lucid Air GT, MB EQS AMG (?) - except at least in pictures, I cannot stand the exterior looks of the EQS, or other EV. We'll see...I'm sure I will love how the MS Plaid drives and how fast it is but there are other factors which can affect how satisfied and happy you are driving an everyday vehicle 40-200 mi. per day like I do.

i have a feeling the round wheel is coming. On Omar’s window sticker, it listed the Yoke under options at zero cost.

Miles per hour charging changes as you go through the taper. That is just a photo of the charge session after 5kw. It

Yeah it changes, but it does not matter. The ratio of kW and charge rate always equals the constant (at least on my car) during a supercharging session. It’s just the math.

kW / mi/hr = Wh/mi.

That being said they could always screw up this display in the vehicle instrument panel since the software is new.

It’s a way to get the constant. Does not matter how long you have been charging or what the rate is. The higher the better (more significant digits if you go over 1000mi/hr, haha). It definitely should be done only when both numbers are three digits, for accuracy. But ballpark is what you get with two digits.

If you want to get the actual capacity or extrapolate from a session, that is a different issue. But you can just take range at 100% (as you mentioned - need % and miles...) and multiply by the constant for that (gives you the degradation threshold or your capacity, whichever is lower).

Last edited:
I know Elon said ventilated, but ventilated and perforated aren’t the same thing. I’m assuming the vegan leather is just perforated and there is no forced air ventilation?
Pretty sure they're ventilated (like cooled a/c) seats through the perforations; that's what all other auto mfgr's do with their ventilated seats. It better be ventilated (cooled) seats; otherwise, I'm not taking delivery for a South Florida car without that. My daughter's $45k Acura RDX A-Spec has ventilated seats as does my wife's Land Rover.

Pretty sure they're ventilated (like cooled a/c) seats through the perforations; that's what all other auto mfgr's do with their ventilated seats. It better be ventilated (cooled) seats; otherwise, I'm not taking delivery for a South Florida car without that. My daughter's $45k Acura RDX A-Spec has ventilated seats as does my wife's Land Rover.
My 2016 P100D had the heated/cooled ventilated front seats. They were great.

My biggest concern is that my trade-in MP3 is losing value each day, at least in this region of the country, and 7/1 is when my trade-in is valid until. Oh well. We waited until the 10th to hopefully get some insight on delivery dates, and now, we just wait indefinitely.

I forgot how anxiety-ridden I felt during the whole Model 3 Summer 2018 craziness. I'm starting to get shakes.
At the moment, your M3P might be increasing in value.. that’s what a few others have experienced recently.

At the moment, your M3P might be increasing in value.. that’s what a few others have experienced recently.
A week ago it was worth 43k, it's gone down since then unfortunately. I already complained about that in another post, but what was interesting, on Carvana's site, if you have FSD and choose only FSD as an extra option (instead of EAP and FSD) it shows a $600 lower value, than if you clicked both.

I know it's not a lot of $$ but I guess you have to specify both to get the proper value, even though FSD pretty much assumes you have all the EAP features. Just a tip.

Reactions: Elixir and Drew-MS
A week ago it was worth 43k, it's gone down since then unfortunately. I already complained about that in another post, but what was interesting, on Carvana's site, if you have FSD and choose only FSD as an extra option (instead of EAP and FSD) it shows a $600 lower value, than if you clicked both.

I know it's not a lot of $$ but I guess you have to specify both to get the proper value, even though FSD pretty much assumes you have all the EAP features. Just a tip.
Maybe it makes sense to see what you can get for it privately. Several months ago, Tesla made me a ridiculous offer for my P100D. I listed on TMC and sold it privately in a few days for $17k more than Tesla’s offer. Just a thought 👍
The used car market is crazy at the moment.

Bad news LR folks.

My delivery date just got pushed to “July” this morning after staying at “June” for a while.

I think I’m probably one of the first in line for the LR.

[Pre refresh order, RN1143, Picking up from Fremont]
Thanks for the update. If you are so inclined, can you please add your details to the @omarsultan tracker or put in your signature? I realize my color and location are different from yours and so your delivery may not mean anything to my delivery, but I’m grasping for anything. Thanks. 😀