Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Remember all the SAs/testers saying they were going to ship with both? Lol

June still holding for me too!
Happy to hear that, but I’m not surprised about June for CA residents. I’m actually pretty surprised my East coast order updated to June (in the 2nd week of June ha.)
Still not getting too excited like I did a few days ago and then got a pie in the face the next day 🤣

Reactions: TNGuy99 and baldwin
No heated windshield would be a pretty egregious omission given that it’s clearly listed in the specs when ordering. A standard defroster is not the same thing.

Any word on the active noise cancellation? I have not seen any mention of how that is working.
The manual does describe it but implies it may not be working yet:
"Noise-Canceling Microphones NOTE: This feature may not be available at delivery. Model S is equipped with Active Noise Cancellation (ANC). Microphones located in the front seats detect the amount of external road noise that can be heard inside the cabin. The system then automatically generates noise canceling sounds through the speakers, minimizing the amount of road noise that you can hear." (pg. 26)

Reactions: foos
Hmm great question. I want to say yes but I honestly don’t know for sure. It doesn’t hurt to ask. That would be pretty sketchy if they didn’t honor the price.
Multiple folks at Seattle SC told me that further changes to config will result in switching to new price (+$10k). My own change from CF to Wood trim did NOT result in a price change but I was told it was because I submitted my request before the price hike even tho the change was made after the hike.

Reactions: Drew-MS
Anyone else have it looking like this, after you uploading everything, including the insurance? not sure why Insurance is stuck on this page even though i uploaded my photo a few days ago.
View attachment 672609
That’s what mine looks like, and had for the last few weeks. Devon PA dealer said that my profile looks good and is complete. So I would think you’re in the same boat now.

Multiple folks at Seattle SC told me that further changes to config will result in switching to new price (+$10k). My own change from CF to Wood trim did NOT result in a price change but I was told it was because I submitted my request before the price hike even tho the change was made after the hike.
Good info.. Okay, well that’s the end of that .. I wouldn’t touch anything if there’s a chance your account will adjust to the new price..

That’s what mine looks like, and had for the last few weeks. Devon PA dealer said that my profile looks good and is complete. So I would think you’re in the same boat now.
My biggest concern is that my trade-in MP3 is losing value each day, at least in this region of the country, and 7/1 is when my trade-in is valid until. Oh well. We waited until the 10th to hopefully get some insight on delivery dates, and now, we just wait indefinitely.

I forgot how anxiety-ridden I felt during the whole Model 3 Summer 2018 craziness. I'm starting to get shakes.

Anyone else have it looking like this, after you uploading everything, including the insurance? not sure why Insurance is stuck on this page even though i uploaded my photo a few days ago.
View attachment 672609
Nothing is stuck. You have done everything on your end. Now you are playing the waiting game. I have no more information that anyone else, but it appears to me that June and July will be deliveries of Plaid orders. Whether you bought in September 2020 or May 2021. Then August will be LR and in September will be any delivery near California. So back to LR orders in October. Maybe in Sept/Oct they will be in full production then. I ordered a couple of days after the refresh announcement, I don’t expect my delivery before October. Wishing it would be tomorrow. But I am sure that many of us that have LR orders in will get a 2022 vehicle.

The good news is that Elon said that you want the very first batch of cars. Or a car when is in full production. So the LR deliveries will fall in full production so all the bugs should be worked out by the time we take delivery.

Reactions: gadelrosario
Has anyone considered because they had battery safety kinks that they are purposely limiting the battery via software right now until those are fully figured out? Thus, the battery is a bit larger than what they are letting people use today?

Maybe they are adding some optimizations to the cooling system or who knows. They are being really weird about it.
I think they're keeping some power/range hidden and will release via software when the Lucid comes out so they can maintain their lead and rain on Lucid's parade a bit.

Alternative facts here: I guess we can go off the Tesla website (still just estimates, not EPA estimates):

390 (19”)
348 (21”)

So at least that aligns. So I’d expect 21” to have ~295Wh/mi constant and 19” to have 264Wh/mi. (Based on the Monroney calculation to about 103kWh.)

But neither is consistent with the Supercharger session picture above showing 146kW @ 590mi/hr (247Wh/mi). In the end we don’t know what vehicle that was, exactly.

There is the LR at 405 mi but that would be 254Wh/mi (if the pack is the same, which it might not be).

Just guesses, all of this. Very limited info. At least 348 miles aligns here! Now we just need a confirmed constant to go along with that known vehicle...

Miles per hour charging changes as you go through the taper. That is just a photo of the charge session after 5kw. It's not enough to use but I think if an owner provides the following we can solve:

IC listed range and percent (as a start). And wheel config (assuming 21s for now).

Then if an owner could snap a photo of the pack sticker. It's usually located by turning the yoke to the right (I think) and going to the passenger front wheel and taking a photo behind the wheel along the frame of the pack. That's going to give us part numbers that someone might be able to look up and get more information.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
This....so much this....

My Model 3 performance smokes almost anything off the line (save for a Performance model s)...but "suffers" from 60-100mph.

I had a charger hellcat...and that this was unreal from 60-120mph....just pulled hard at that range. I agree with you...the increase in power at that range/speed is awesome and frankly very useful on highway driving.
Yup. I have a 911 Turbo as my weekend car. The acceleration difference between it and my M3P above 50 is shocking. The Turbo just MOVES.