Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks!

after you back out and want to go forward, does it require you to swipe on the screen?

In the manual as confirmed, it only guess a direction FROM PARK. After that initial direction, you have to provide input. E.g. If you back out of a spot it will start you in Reverse automatically, but you'll have to shift into Drive.

I think it will be slightly quicker than the M3P 1/4 mile times since they have similar 0-60. My guess would be mid to high 11’s.
I think it will be slightly quicker than the M3P 1/4 mile times since they have similar 0-60. My guess would be mid to high 11’s.
I take that back. I think high 10’s low 11’s.

Where is there even a thumbs down button? 😅

A lot of concerns about the horn, where do you guys live and what is it that you use your horn so much for? I’ve owned my current car since 08/13 and I think I can count on both hands how often I’ve used my horn since. Wouldn’t even be able to tell you what it sounds like in a line up of cars.
I'm fine with opinions, some don't see the point in turn signal stalks, fast shifting to get your car out of a mud puddle, etc.

Kind of bugs me when someone like Elon decides based on his opinion that things aren't needed and removes them. There must be a lot of engineers' meetings at Tesla where they all file out of the room saying "he wants us to do what now?" and shaking their heads as they go off to fulfill another one-sided decision.

His view of "all input is error" and "FSD is solved" must drive a lot of these decisions. It must be interesting to see the world through Elon's eyes. There are a lot of neat ideas in Teslas that are really innovative, I just wish he'd listen to the suggestion box a bit more and fix the things the majority don't like.

Last edited:
Just wait till you hear about how they're treating the Plaid+ reservation holders.
Ya man. If I didn't keep up on TMC I would have been screwed.

I reserved the + on battery day. Was feeling smug as the pricing kept going up and I was $12.5k under the new price structure ($500 for the nonblack interior, $2k for the FSD, and $10k for a recent price bump for a non-existent vehicle).

The other week I declined the offer to move from + to Plaid. Then the Elon tweet stating + was cancelled that same weekend. I was super unhappy, more so about the loss of range than anything else.

Called my Loyalty Advisor and we agreed best thing to do was to cancel the + and order the Plaid, with a $2k discount on the FSD once a VIN was assigned. Next day price went up $10k. Following day (I think this is right timeline), I was at the 'Event'. And relatively happy again. :)

Except. Franz told me directly--no active spoiler, no matrix headlights, no change to current taillights. :(

I think they need to reach out to all + reservation holders and do something decent. Not, 'hey, this car doesn't exist, deal with it and you can get something close for 'only' 9.5k less'. That just plain out sucks.

I think that's the final math. My + was $155,490. Plaid is $135,990. And new pricing is $145,990?

I went back and watched the video from the event last night and I think Elon's comment about AutoShift getting smarter about what you want to do was a bit confusing in terms of how smart AutoShift is. Given all the AP/FSD smarts in the car, I thought it might figure out what to do next after backing out--my bad.

It pretty much works the same except you use the right thumbwheel to engage instead of a stalk. There is a SW option to set one click for TACC and double-click for AP. When in AP, there does not seem to be a way to set following distance. Still the steering wheel nag. While there is an internal camera, they are not using it yet.
Are you sure the following distance isn’t controlled the same way as 3/Y by pushing the thumb wheel left and right?

Reactions: HumanInput
This item might look a bit silly but could be useful.

Attachments

• BA6CC699-61F1-41B4-92E0-B28FDAA27D03.png
    BA6CC699-61F1-41B4-92E0-B28FDAA27D03.png
    1 MB · Views: 78
  • C9366CD0-FF88-4184-9863-4D9E7B45FCDA.png
    C9366CD0-FF88-4184-9863-4D9E7B45FCDA.png
    788.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 7399476D-32C2-44AC-AB22-40CEBA488888.png
    7399476D-32C2-44AC-AB22-40CEBA488888.png
    924.5 KB · Views: 52
Are you sure the following distance isn’t controlled the same way as 3/Y by pushing the thumb wheel left and right?
Per the manual, they are currently not mapped to anything yet. I think this might be one of the victims of the move to vision-only since this would be a big change in to code to switch from radar to vision for setting following distance.

Reactions: HumanInput