Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did a quick video on AutoShift

Good video, Omar. Can’t wait to try this, looks super user friendly. Appreciate all the helpful info.

we can live recklessly through you for now as we all await our deliveries perhaps in 2023…😂

So the new Model S has the same tail lights and breaking bar as before? No update to clean led rear lights that model x and model 3 has? Wdf on a car this Expensive that has been has 2 major refreshes now and many minor ones.
Franz himself told me this.....for how long, no idea. But my money is that it will change once current supply/order of old is depleted. This is just a matter of consumption of existing.

Thanks for the video @omarsultan ! One thing I'm concerned about is the long touch and short touch signals on the steering wheel... Seemed like one time there you wanted it to stay on but you had to push it a second time. Have you noticed if that's annoying? Also, do the button pushes feel good or cheap?
It is a baby steps kind of thing. :). The first step was to stop reaching for the non-existing stalk (check). The second step was the long press for turning -- I am pretty good at doing that be feel (the bump helps), but sometimes I miss. What I am still working on it the short press for lane changes--I end up pressing too hard and then have to press again to turn off the signal. It will come come with time. It does not feel like those old membrane keyboards, if that is what you mean--feels like tapping on a smartphone.

So given all the mules we saw early with round wheels with the refresh S buttons clearly somewhere…. At some point… there was a line (or manual effort I suppose) for round refresh wheels… seems like it’s not going to be a stretch to start that up again…maybe..

but… could also see the LR only getting round wheels to add to that plaid difference

For your continued entertainment, here is Yoke Adventure #2. Still a work in progress, but I am feeling better. I have stopped reaching for the turn signals and have a better idea of what to do with my hands.

Thanks for your videos Omar! I liked the one about the auto-shift too. I bet you will do one at one week where the yoke steering will be completely normal! It looks like a fast learning curve.

2021 MS Plaid, MSM, 21" Arachnoid, Cream interior with wood trim ordered 5/25/21, delivery in Charlotte June 27-30. I hope!
Since you are east coast like me but ordered like 2 weeks after I did, I will assume that the wood trim is what helped with you delivery - mine is CF as there was no other choice at the time of order. Really hope that Tesla would still deliver mine soon since I order prior to the know CF issue, or like someone else mentioned to let me change to wood without price change, etc.

In one of the fly overs in a storage lot it appears the center consoles are missing?

I was thinking there must be some worry about theft of the rear touch screen perhaps so they leave them out while in storage?

Not sure if you guys already discussed this...

Other than the spoiler, now that we know the brakes are all black, is there any way to know these are not all Plaids waiting for shipment? They can add a spoiler and a Plaid model plaque in 10 minutes per car or less.

That could explain the reason why no LR cars are being delivered. They may have only built Plaids so far.

I know it’s crazy to say, but like how the 60’s were software limited 75’s in 2016-2017, what if the LR become simply software limited Plaids?

I am curious as to Tesla's thought process in blending in + reservation holders with existing Plaid customers.
Yeah, I think Tesla should make things right with the + reservation holders--at least give them the $119K price given the lack of disclosure on the fate of the Plaid+ and the pending price increase on the Plaid.

Read through the 40 pages I missed. It's late, but here are a few quick thoughts:
  • Looking at the car holistically and qualitatively, it is really well put together. If you ignore the presence or absence of specific features and take in the car as a whole, its pretty awesome--I really enjoyed the 2 hour drive
  • I'd urge you to not cancel your order until you get your hands on one. If you live in NorCal, I'll happily meet you somewhere
  • A lot of the goodness of the car is fundamental to the car, so no way should you look at the LR as some lesser version--its faster, that is all
  • I'd also caution against comparing one company's (mostly) shipping product to someone else's futures. Everything looks good in PowerPoint

• Elon was really pumped when he got out of the car on-stage. No sure how well that came across on the live stream, but it seemed a very triumphant moment and it was moving
  • It seems like he saw the rest of the slides for the first time while he was on the stage--kinda par for the course--he's better speaking that presenting
  • Something cool and important. There were a lot of Tesla folks there that worked on various aspects of the car (aerodynamics, electrical, interior). Everyone was super thankful to the folks picking up cars (we had different color badges). I know folks here feel Tesla is sometimes apathetic and that is understandable, but the folks I chatted with this evening were thankful for our business
  • More than one person told me more deliveries are happening this month and next before the ramp Elon referenced in his talk. No one had specific info LRs (good or bad)

• The car is a blast to drive--good chassis dynamics and very poised--it has lots of power but did not surprise me in unexpected ways
  • Plaid is just ridiculous. I punched it just once and I think I tweaked something in my back :)
  • Interior is nicely done. Still the Tesla aesthetic, but quality materials, pleasing to the touch, nice clean lines, lots of little details like stitching and piping on the seats
  • I like the horizontal display--feels like it shows much more info. UI seems a bit kludgy--think we'll need to wait until v11 to see something optimized for the new set-up
  • Yoke steering was not bad. I only had one instance where I went to grab a non-existent wheel. I could see adapting to this pretty quickly.
  • Yoke had a oval cross-section--typical width, but deep--it is comfortable to hold
  • If there is a variable ratio, it is pretty subtle--did not notice a wide variance in wheel behavior, but then most of my driving was on a freeway
  • I'll take some video tomorrow of going for a drive on surface streets and in a parking lot, so folks can see what it was like--we got our cars after it got dark, so not much to really record
  • Kinda "meh" about the stalkless thing. Right now I am catagorizing it as different, but not better. The turn signals were OK--I was hating them when I first got int he car (40 years of muscle memory), but was getting use to them by the time I got home
  • Ambivalent about the manual shift controls--work fine, easy to understand and non-intrusive--I posted pics of the UI in SmugMug
  • Given it was dark, I was unfamiliar wiht the controls and did not know the roads, I was not brave enough to turn on auto-shift--a goal for tomrrow
  • Rear seat is a definite improvement over all prior Model Ses

• Ambient lighting is pretty basic--LEDs in the bottom of the door pocket uplight the bottoms of the doors--nothing fancy like the EQS
  • That is really the only negative-ish impression so far
  • Things I miss from my P85: pano roof, yacht floor, real door releases

I'll post more pics tomorrow when the sun comes up: 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid - osultan

• On-board charger is 48A
  • You get 2 key fobs, 2 key cars, plus the phone keys
Awesome details

For your continued entertainment, here is Yoke Adventure #2. Still a work in progress, but I am feeling better. I have stopped reaching for the turn signals and have a better idea of what to do with my hands.

Thank you for your videos, very helpful.
When in turn, if you let the yoke go, will it center, like in regular steering wheel?