Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's clear based on all of your posts regarding lawsuits that you don't understand the legal theories or law behind what you're saying, or maybe even a general understanding of the legal profession outside of perhaps sensationalized stuff from TV dramas.

I know it's the internet and you get to spout whatever you want, but please stop. Or, if you actually think any of these "ideas" have merit, maybe proceed with them instead. I don't doubt you'd be dismissed out of court pretty quickly.
I’ll take it a notch higher. He expresses “opinions” here to influence the uninformed and shape the way they feel about EV’s and Tesla specifically.

Wait until Brooks from DragTimes gets his MS Plaid, and we’ll probably see tons of videos and time slips. 😎
And we'll probably see that Plaid is actually quite close to the LR when it comes to 0-60 times. Basically anyone ordering LR is actually getting better bang for his buck. As excited as I am to get my Plaid, I'm quite disappointed to see disingenuous advertising from Tesla. This isn't even my first time buying a Tesla, still this over promising of features and under delivering of those promises is quite distasteful.

• Disagree
Reactions: MagnusMako
I ordered a LR on June 8, and my number is RN11511xxxx. Wow, it has already climbed to RN1152. Wonder if these numbers are sequential with no gaps in them, other than cancellations.
I believe this number system is being used for all Tesla orders, not just the Model S. So, there is really no way to separate the MS orders from the rest of the order book.

@omarsultan - not to beat a dead horse, but I think once thing we’re missing is the list of “source switches” in the settings control panel, not the band of apps at the bottom of the screen. If this shows SXM but is ”grayed out”, we may know this is open for a future software enablement.
I'll poke around some more, but no mention of SXM so far and nothing in the manual from what I remember.

And we'll probably see that Plaid is actually quite close to the LR when it comes to 0-60 times. Basically anyone ordering LR is actually getting better bang for his buck. As excited as I am to get my Plaid, I'm quite disappointed to see disingenuous advertising from Tesla. This isn't even my first time buying a Tesla, still this over promising of features and under delivering of those promises is quite distasteful.
I'm not sure what specifically you are referring to, but it seems premature at this point to assume that the Plaid is slower than what Tesla has advertised. What features do you think they over promised on that they didn't deliver?

TeslaRaj's video was amazing in showing how amazing of a vehicle Plaid is but it also showed how unfinished its sw truly is. Something truly shady is going on with the cancelation of plaid+ along with the whole epa range estimate conspiracy. At this point, it's best not to expect anything out of the ordinary from Tesla. Been a customer for almost 4 years now and it's still hurts to see Tesla over promising and under delivering. Wish there were more options out there but the sad truth is there isn't a true competitor to Tesla as of now and Tesla is aware of this.

End rant.

Yeah I am not even close to be being a sound engineer but that is my understanding which is why cancelling sound in the same space it is listened to is confusing to me. Headphone mics measure the sound outside the enclosed headphone speakers and cancels those frequencies. The sound being produced by the speakers inside the headphone (let's make it a sealed headphone for the sake of simplification) isn't cancelled at all. Another example is that if I listen to music someone else is playing with ANC headphones on that music is muddled/muffled a bit (not completely cancelled but definitely affected). I have a hard time wrapping my head around why that wouldn't happen to sounds inside the car if the mics are inside the car.
The cars knows what sounds it is playing because, well, it is then playing them. It can get an approximation of what you are hearing from the seat mic. Any different between those two sound waves is classified as noise (things you are hearing that are not in the original material). It doe snot make any difference if the source is outside the care (like road noise) or inside the car. Doing lots of math, the car can then add a sound wave to whatever you are listening to that "cancels" out the noise. Cancel is a strong term, but a good ANC system will further lower the noise floor.

The cars knows what sounds it is playing because, well, it is then playing them. It can get an approximation of what you are hearing from the seat mic. Any different between those two sound waves is classified as noise (things you are hearing that are not in the original material). It doe snot make any difference if the source is outside the care (like road noise) or inside the car. Doing lots of math, the car can then add a sound wave to whatever you are listening to that "cancels" out the noise. Cancel is a strong term, but a good ANC system will further lower the noise floor.
Yes completely accurate. The higher the frequency, the more accurate the mic placement has to be. In ear is obviously the best.

I'll be especially interested to hear (literally) how it is at 80-90mph. Just did yet another road trip in our X (2019 raven blahblah), and the noise above 80 is very noticeable, mostly from air passing over the car. In some of the western states, I hope my Plaid S will be able to cruise those 85mph zones in relative silence!

To be fair my M3P is noisy as hell, but the ANC in my Airpods is a cheap fix there... :)
Cross climate plus tires are significantly quieter than the standard mxm4 stock tires. Slight range loss but well worth it.

BIG difference between 1,020 HP/TQ with a 3rd motor and a dual-motor 670 HP/TQ. Nothing wrong with either but it’s the Plaid that’s in an entirely new category for Tesla. It’s possible that they could squeeze out more power from the LR but have slightly detuned it on purpose. Although different EVs with different battery technology, I think of the new dual-motor Lucid Air Dream Ed (1,080 HP) and Air GT (800 HP). Anyway, for me personally, it was either the Plaid or a different EV and without really seeing production Lucid Air GTs and their progression for at least a couple years, there currently isn’t another EV with this kind of HP/TQ, performance, technology, and with decent > 300-350+ mi max battery range. So yoke and all, here I am waiting (and waiting and waiting) for my MS Plaid. 😉😎

Last edited:
I'm not sure what specifically you are referring to, but it seems premature at this point to assume that the Plaid is slower than what Tesla has advertised. What features do you think they over promised on that they didn't deliver?
In reality there are handful of things that show that their SW wasn't quite ready. Screen tilt is listed on the website and doesn't work as of now (awaiting sw update), audio on rear screen can't be played by itself, no way to connect Bluetooth devices on rear screen (may be it works but TeslaRaj couldn't get it to work with his air pods), noise cancelation isn't active as of now. Lastly, this isn't Plaid specific of course, FSD. Whatever happened to the beta or the FSD update button.
Some YouTuber posted a video with 0-60 timings on Tesla's website excludes roll out from Plaid's numbers but doesn't exclude it from LR numbers to show the gap is bigger than normal. Now I'm aware Tesla might software limit LR even further to keep this gap but it'll still be a bull crap practice and dishonest advertising.
I'm also sour I don't have a VIN yet 😏

BIG difference between 1,020 HP/TQ with a 3rd motor and a dual-motor 670 HP/TQ. Nothing wrong with either but it’s the Plaid that’s in an entirely new category for Tesla. It’s possible that they could squeeze out more power from the LR but have slightly detuned it on purpose. Although different EVs with different battery technology, I think of the new dual-Lucid Air Dream Ed (1,080 HP) and Air GT (800 HP). Anyway, for me personally, it was either the Plaid or a different EV and without really seeing production Lucid Air GTs and their progression for at least a couple years, there currently isn’t another EV with this kind of HP/TQ with decent > 300-350+ mi max battery range. So yoke and all, here I am waiting (and waiting and waiting) for my MS Plaid. 😉😎
I agree with you man. I cannot wait to get my hands on Plaid. As frustrated as Tesla makes this experience, their cars are unmatched and I am sure I'll be eating my words once I get mine. Seems like you also picked the rare white exterior and even rarest cf lol August delivery for you and I

So, I had a YouTube dude fly up form LA to look at the car and do a review for his channel. As part of that, we did some drag strip starts. :). So, some observations:
  • It only tool 3 min to warm up. It was high 80s, car was outside in the sun, had not been driven in 7 hrs
  • When its warming, it sounds like a jet taking off
  • OMFG its is fast!!
  • We did 7 or 8 0-60 starts back to back and the car did not break a sweat--it was immediately ready to go
The runs were not instrumented, but I should have some video to share in a bit--I asked for some clips.

Did I mention, OMFG!!!

So, I had a YouTube dude fly up form LA to look at the car and do a review for his channel. As part of that, we did some drag strip starts. :). So, some observations:
  • It only tool 3 min to warm up. It was high 80s, car was outside in the sun, had not been driven in 7 hrs
  • OMFG its is fast!!
  • We did 7 or 8 0-60 starts back to back and the car did not break a sweat--it was immediately ready to go
The runs were not instrumented, but I should have some video to share in a bit--I asked for some clips.

Did I mention, OMFG!!!
I cannot wait! :eek: :)

Last edited:
  • OMFG its is fast!!

Did I mention, OMFG!!!

SUPER AWESOME!!!!!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!

TeslaRaj's video was amazing in showing how amazing of a vehicle Plaid is but it also showed how unfinished its sw truly is. Something truly shady is going on with the cancelation of plaid+ along with the whole epa range estimate conspiracy. At this point, it's best not to expect anything out of the ordinary from Tesla. Been a customer for almost 4 years now and it's still hurts to see Tesla over promising and under delivering. Wish there were more options out there but the sad truth is there isn't a true competitor to Tesla as of now and Tesla is aware of this.

End rant.
I could be wrong but I think the current 10.2 s/w is missing some features and seems “unfinished” because they literally had to rush out a least some deliveries for June (2nd QTR EoQ) to show after all these delays that they’re basically there (or almost there now, 3 months after it was supposed to arrive to consumers). I have a feeling though that July & Aug deliveries and current June MS Plaid deliveries will be updated with v11 software soon (which should unlock whatever is left for s/w features). We’ll see.