Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy we have folks here that know these cars a lot more than I do.
I simply know how to charge em and drive (and smile.) 🤩.
I don’t even know how to charge my car. I have wall charger installed. I think I remember you need to pair charger to car or account? I don’t even have nor can I get wifi in my garage.
I can use my or wife’s phone for hotspot if necessary

$3,100 down (TTT)
$2,100 x 36

(I feel like I should be buying a house at that payment level)
Yes, but think of all the wome…err, let’s be real, all the men, you’ll impress! 😂

Unless, you’re a straight woman buying a Plaid, in which case, tip of the hat and well played!

I don’t even know how to charge my car. I have wall charger installed. I think I remember you need to pair charger to car or account? I don’t even have nor can I get wifi in my garage.
I can use my or wife’s phone for hotspot if necessary

You do not need to pair your charger to your car or account, it doesn’t care what car it charges.

My 2014 goes to park automatically when I take my seat belt off and open my door. What exactly is different on the new cars?
I do not think there is anything different. From the manual:
Model S automatically shifts into Park whenever it is determined that you are exiting the vehicle. For example, the driver's seat belt is unbuckled and the vehicle is stopped. Model S also automatically shifts into Park when the driver's door is opened or if no action is taken within one minute of shifting into a driving gear.

No, I feel like you should be buying (financing) the car, not leasing. Just my opinion.
There is very little monthly price difference between lease and buy with the MS. You’re agreeing to pay for half the car at half the term of a loan, so both sides divide by two and they basically equal out.

Some advantages to lease: guaranteed minimum sale amount (by turning in the lease), FSD and taxes are pro rated to your term length, down payment is significantly smaller than many of the finance options.

Some disadvantages: you’re likely paying a higher interest rate behind the scenes, can’t take advantage of really low interest rates on purchases, and less flexibility on miles (I did 15K miles a year to compensate for this).

You guys disagreeing with me on this, did I miss something? The initial deliveries didn’t include the XM module.

There’s no evidence the refresh doesn’t have the module. The fact that it has FM says otherwise. The radio module (FM and SXM) is one unit, and MCU2 has both FM and SXM with all recent (2020) deliveries and should have with every 2020, as it was absolutely standard and advertised equipment with every 2020 S. I’m not sure what’s happened with yours, but the reason people are disagreeing with you is because your apparent one-off case isn’t universal. SXM was advertised and standard equipment on every configuration of the 2019 and 2020 S. Yours missing it is weird and bizarre, not the norm, but you keep saying it’s the norm. It is not. There never was and is not a SXM option that you could optionally select. The fact that you had some module installed is unusual. You’ve been explained this by no less than half a dozen people but keep repeating the same thing, so I think perhaps people are disagreeing with you because you’re wrong and keep saying the wrong thing.

Good summary above. There’s also the inherent value in a lease that exists with simply handing the keys over and getting new keys when you’re done with the car. zero hassle. Want to return it early for something else? Pay it off and hand it over. You will pay more going this route, but the price of convenience is worth it to many. Not worth it to others.

This lease v finance v cash debate is so old and tired. Do what you want and stop trying to justify why you made the decision you made by getting others to do the same. Benefits of all options exist, do what’s right for you.

Back to Plaid delivery speculation, I believe MSM, gray, blue, white have all been delivered, but no red yet, correct?

Good summary above. There’s also the inherent value in a lease that exists with simply handing the keys over and getting new keys when you’re done with the car. zero hassle. Want to return it early for something else? Pay it off and hand it over. You will pay more going this route, but the price of convenience is worth it to many. Not worth it to others.

This lease v finance v cash debate is so old and tired. Do what you want and stop trying to justify why you made the decision you made by getting others to do the same. Benefits of all options exist, do what’s right for you.

Back to Plaid delivery speculation, I believe MSM, gray, blue, white have all been delivered, but no red yet, correct?
Cheers 🥂👍

There’s no evidence the refresh doesn’t have the module. The fact that it has FM says otherwise. The radio module (FM and SXM) is one unit, and MCU2 has both FM and SXM with all recent (2020) deliveries and should have with every 2020, as it was absolutely standard and advertised equipment with every 2020 S. I’m not sure what’s happened with yours, but the reason people are disagreeing with you is because your apparent one-off case isn’t universal. SXM was advertised and standard equipment on every configuration of the 2019 and 2020 S. Yours missing it is weird and bizarre, not the norm, but you keep saying it’s the norm. It is not. There never was and is not a SXM option that you could optionally select. The fact that you had some module installed is unusual. You’ve been explained this by no less than half a dozen people but keep repeating the same thing, so I think perhaps people are disagreeing with you because you’re wrong and keep saying the wrong thing.

Well, egg on my face then, I blame covid :oops: