Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like alot of these "Woa such acceleration" videos are from folks who haven't driven a Ludicrous mode Tesla before. I'd be curious if someone who is used to a P100D/Performance S if they are still impressed by the refresh.
They should be, have you seen the new power delivery curve?

I am one of the few here that don't have insane, much less ludicrous mode...
This will be my first time experiencing a high performance Tesla too. I tried a M3P for a test with a friend, but didn't give it the full beans. Very excited to be in the world's fastest production car in a matter of weeks/months. Right now, I drive a Volvo, so it's going to be an unbelievable change 🤩

I feel like alot of these "Woa such acceleration" videos are from folks who haven't driven a Ludicrous mode Tesla before. I'd be curious if someone who is used to a P100D/Performance S if they are still impressed by the refresh.
Starman “My Tesla Adventure” was at the plaid event. After his test ride, he said plaid is on another level, especially above 60. He owns a Model S performance.
Edit: and that was with 4 people in the car.

Last edited:
It doesn’t look like he has uploaded a video in 23 hours. Please provide link
Edit - Found it
Definitely @omarsultan ’s car
Faster than a roller coaster? 🤣 🤣 🤣

This guy should look at what roller coasters do before trying to draw a parallel. A Plaid isn't even CLOSE to the acceleration of some of the fastest roller coasters

Omar's car looks great in that video. Can't wait till I get my LR.

Omar,

When you have time can you measure the rear hip room? Tesla says 50.3 inches in the manual but I'm wondering how nearly 4 inches got shaved from the previous Model S (54.7 inches), especially since the refresh model S is nearly 1 inch wider. Thanks!
What I heard from Elon at the ‘Event’ was reduction in thickness of door panels. Makes sense. I know the front ones are ridiculously bulky. Not sure of rear doors . Never been back there. :)

Sure looks like low 2's !
Certainly looks super quick! Though I don't like the fact that they tried this out in an open road launching from the side of the road with other vehicles around. It also certainly doesn't look like the speed limit is anywhere near 90mph there... It's just asking for troubles.

I agree with you 100%
I don't think even the reactions of those who have own one should be taken at face value unless we have someone actually test these numbers since the launch is more brutal to passengers and it seems faster than it actually is. Not to mention, the hype of the event and all already prepared these guys to have their minds blown lol

• Disagree
Reactions: ks1972 and lbowroom
Faster than a roller coaster? 🤣 🤣 🤣

This guy should look at what roller coasters do before trying to draw a parallel. A Plaid isn't even CLOSE to the acceleration of some of the fastest roller coasters

Omar's car looks great in that video. Can't wait till I get my LR.
I didn’t know how fast roller coasters could be, so I looked it up. Slightly off topic post, but still interesting.

Dodonpa
The roller coaster with the fastest acceleration is the Dodonpa in Japan's Fuji-Q Highland park. Using a jet-assisted compressed air launch, it goes from 0 to 107mph in 1.8 seconds.

Certainly looks super quick! Though I don't like the fact that they tried this out in an open road launching from the side of the road with other vehicles around. It also certainly doesn't look like the speed limit is anywhere near 90mph there... It's just asking for troubles.
Good point.. I’m just happy this car wasn’t available when I was younger. Now in my mid 40s, I’m more responsible, more mature, and way more cautious compared to when I was 25-35.

I agree with you 100%
I don't think even the reactions of those who have own one should be taken at face value unless we have someone actually test these numbers since the launch is more brutal to passengers and it seems faster than it actually is. Not to mention, the hype of the event and all already prepared these guys to have their minds blown lol

Lol! Are we really minimizing people's reactions from sitting in a car that runs low 9s in the quarter? DragTimes clocked in Ludicrous mode at 10.45 in the quarter mile - that is a world of difference.

I love that this amazing machine is out here, and we're already scoffing. Human beings are incredible.

I didn’t know how fast roller coasters could be, so I looked it up. Slightly off topic post, but still interesting.

Dodonpa
The roller coaster with the fastest acceleration is the Dodonpa in Japan's Fuji-Q Highland park. Using a jet-assisted compressed air launch, it goes from 0 to 107mph in 1.8 seconds.
So, like the Roadster you're saying 😆