Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn’t know how fast roller coasters could be, so I looked it up. Slightly off topic post, but still interesting.

Dodonpa
The roller coaster with the fastest acceleration is the Dodonpa in Japan's Fuji-Q Highland park. Using a jet-assisted compressed air launch, it goes from 0 to 107mph in 1.8 seconds.
Holy sh*ttt.. lol I had no idea either. Gotta check that out, Japan anyone ? 😍

I just called the store where I'll eventually pick up my Plaid S, and asked a few questions regarding my (soon to be) cancelled Plaid+ order, RNs, etc. I know all SA comments are taken with a grain of salt, but he reiterated that even if you have a new RN for the Plaid, your backend reservation queue position will be based on your original RN.

I guess I'll be back in either two weeks or two years to tell you whether that was true or not...

I didn’t know how fast roller coasters could be, so I looked it up. Slightly off topic post, but still interesting.

Dodonpa
The roller coaster with the fastest acceleration is the Dodonpa in Japan's Fuji-Q Highland park. Using a jet-assisted compressed air launch, it goes from 0 to 107mph in 1.8 seconds.
Although there are rollercoasters that exceed what the Plaid does doesn’t mean the sensation isn’t rollercoaster like.

Good point.. I’m just happy this car wasn’t available when I was younger. Now in my mid 40s, I’m more responsible, more mature, and way more cautious compared to when I was 25-35.
I'm afraid it will be in the hands of people with less responsibility/brain and something bad will happen and probably won't be just one time. People will get hurt/killed and Tesla might also get bad press. Accidents happen but this might just make it easier in the hands of irresponsible people.

Although there are rollercoasters that exceed what the Plaid does doesn’t mean the sensation isn’t rollercoaster like.
Absolutely agree. I think the Plaid will feel faster than the typical roller coaster experience. This is a rare example of the fastest roller coaster in the world, and not many people have experienced such a sensation.

I'm afraid it will be in the hands of people with less responsibility/brain and something bad will happen and probably won't be just one time. People will get hurt/killed and Tesla might also get bad press. Accidents happen but this might just make it easier in the hands of irresponsible people.
Tesla’s AI should limit power in certain scenarios (side streets etc) and let it all out when conditions permit. But I know some folks won’t want any part of that lol.

Absolutely agree. I think the Plaid will feel faster than the typical roller coaster experience. This is a rare example of the fastest roller coaster in the world, and not many people have experienced such a sensation.
Agree, my P100D felt absolutely insane ‘ludicrous’ from 0-60. First time, I couldn’t believe it 🤩

Starman “My Tesla Adventure” was at the plaid event. After his test ride, he said plaid is on another level, especially above 60. He owns a Model S performance.
Edit: and that was with 4 people in the car.
When I test drove a Raven Performance I was a bit underwhelmed by the acceleration above 70. It was a bit of a let down after how well it did at lower speeds. Still good but not awesome. Sounds like they fixed the issue.

Tesla’s AI should limit power in certain scenarios (side streets etc) and let it all out when conditions permit. But I know some folks won’t want any part of that lol.
Some folks? I don’t think anyone spending $130k + on a go fast car is going to be okay with the car telling them when they can use the acceleration they just paid an extra five figures for.

I would love to see an ad campaign promoting that feature.

When I test drove a Raven Performance I was a bit underwhelmed by the acceleration above 70. It was a bit of a let down after how well it did at lower speeds. Still good but not awesome.
Fair enough and I agree. That’s why I mentioned above, my P100D felt insane from 0-60, maybe 0-70 but it dropped off above 70. I guess thats what separates the plaid from the prior model s performance (p100d.)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
The video just makes it even harder for me to choose wood vs carbon. Switching to wood is a 10,000$ decision but it sure looks beautiful with the white.
Are you even being serious right now? I can’t believe you would consider such a thing. Seems unimaginable that you would flush $10k down the drain like that. There are literally hundreds of TMC members with LR orders that have wood trim, that would be happy to swap or even pay you extra for the CF.

Edit:
I personally have orders in for a LR and a Plaid. If I end up getting the LR with the wood, I would drive to Tucson (to a shop that you trust) and pay for the labor to do the wood to CF swap. I’m certainly not the only one.

Last edited:
Are you even being serious right now? I can’t believe you would consider such a thing. Seems unimaginable that you would flush $10k down the drain like that. There are literally hundreds of TMC members with LR orders that have wood trim, that would be happy to swap or even pay you extra for the CF.
Right. If I upgrade to the LR I may end up buying the CF trim from somewhere. I absolutely hate wood in cars.