Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my VIN and a 6/18-21 delivery window! Massachusetts. MSM / black / ebony / plaid / FSD. I had had a few different cars on order over the last several months while I sorted through what I wanted to do (and still have an MX on order, which I will cancel). I placed this particular order just last week after getting further reeled in by all the launch day excitement. Crazy that order to delivery will be inside of two weeks.

I feel a good bit of guilt given all the waiting and uncertainty folks on here are enduring, while this order has come through so fast. Almost didn’t post this info, but figure more info is better.

Hopefully the floodgates are opening for everyone’s deliveries.
Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut. It just changed to 6/21-27.

I can’t imagine the LR price not increasing. Watching a Bjorn video on the M3LR+ and as you spec out a M3P, it makes no sense not to just upgrade to the MSLR, it’s so much more car for the money.

Also, Tesla Daily’s highlight that the MX Plaid being $10K less than the MS Plaid means that the MX will also see a $10-20K price increase (my guess is $20K).

Just got my VIN and a 6/18-21 delivery window! Massachusetts. MSM / black / ebony / plaid / FSD. I had had a few different cars on order over the last several months while I sorted through what I wanted to do (and still have an MX on order, which I will cancel). I placed this particular order just last week after getting further reeled in by all the launch day excitement. Crazy that order to delivery will be inside of two weeks.

I feel a good bit of guilt given all the waiting and uncertainty folks on here are enduring, while this order has come through so fast. Almost didn’t post this info, but figure more info is better.

Hopefully the floodgates are opening for everyone’s deliveries.
This is starting to become a norm 🥺 Such amazing news and hoping to see many more VINs in the coming days and weeks! 🤩

I can’t imagine the LR price not increasing. Watching a Biorn video on the M3LR+ and as you spec out a M3P, it makes no sense not to just upgrade to the MSLR, it’s so much more car for the money.

Also, Tesla Daily’s highlight that the MX Plaid being $10K less than the MS Plaid means that the MX will also see a $10-20K price increase (my guess is $20K).
I do think folks interested in an X should stop dawdling and lock in the price--all its costing you is $100.

Someone way back when asked me if I was still taking the time to put the car into park (or something like that). Surprisingly, the answer is no. When you unbuckle, the car automatically goes into park. So if you pair this functionality with the AutoShift, it really shortens the number of steps needed to get in and out of the car:
  1. Sit in seat
  2. Buckle up
  3. Tap brake
  4. Press accelerator
  5. Steer and go
On the other end:
  1. Press brake or let car comes to stop
  2. Unbuckle
  3. Get out of car
One other tidbit: in an empty parking lot, the car defaults to going into drive.
I know you can set up a PIN to activate the car but I think they just might have made it a little too easy, there should be at least one strength or skill component here. Older cars had you press the clutch while turning the key, press the shift lever button while pulling with a foot on the brake, releasing the hand/foot parking brake, sometimes turn the wheel to release the wheel lock, things like that. It's so easy a kid can do it now, and possibly without really realizing what is happening. It's so quiet the parents might not realize it either.

Or is that the idea because FSD is gonna drive the kids to school soon.

I don't know if it's a good or bad point, just change.

I'm still VERY interested in knowing what the charge curve looks like on the new S. Here is the first new data I've seen on it in days, via the Tesla Discord chat a moment ago. I do a lot of long road trips in Teslas and this is my #1 thing-to-be-excited-about with the refresh.

It appears to be holding 246kW after already having added 12kWh. For comparison sake, my X charges at 200kW for about 8 seconds before ramping way down. This is good!

image0.jpg

Someone way back when asked me if I was still taking the time to put the car into park (or something like that). Surprisingly, the answer is no. When you unbuckle, the car automatically goes into park. So if you pair this functionality with the AutoShift, it really shortens the number of steps needed to get in and out of the car:
  1. Sit in seat
  2. Buckle up
  3. Tap brake
  4. Press accelerator
  5. Steer and go
On the other end:
  1. Press brake or let car comes to stop
  2. Unbuckle
  3. Get out of car
One other tidbit: in an empty parking lot, the car defaults to going into drive.

This could cause problems if you have an ICE car that you use occasionally.

I can’t imagine the LR price not increasing. Watching a Bjorn video on the M3LR+ and as you spec out a M3P, it makes no sense not to just upgrade to the MSLR, it’s so much more car for the money.

I wonder how many sales they’re looking to attract by sliding just under the proposed 80k limit on the tax credit. But with a MYP price so close to a MSLR I’m with you on a price hike, probably by EOQ.

I think we have a new winner for most off topic…scamming 🤣

Tesla Plaid orders on the website are still June, so it’s easy to get one in a couple weeks if you aren’t picky about styling.
Actually…I just upgraded my MSLR order to Plaid on Sunday. The order page says June, but my account now states July. Takeaway point here is that Elon will always have the last laugh!