Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dude. You and I are going to need to get together soon. You ended up with an LR, right? We should do a LR to Plaid head to head if no one else gets to it first. :)
We should, but I only have the nose cone car for now. Might be next year before I jump in the Plaid pool again....

What does the Monkey say about your delivery date?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Got my VIN!!!
SW Florida MS LR Blue/Cream 19" Wheels
Ordered Oct 2020. Never really had delivery date, except for 1 week about 6 weeks ago, then it disappeared

Your Model S​

RN1141xxxx

VIN 5YJSA1xxxxxxxxx

View Design Details

Estimated Delivery: June 20 - June 26​

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.
That's great news! Congratulations on the imminent arrival.

When you have a chance, would you please add to the tracking spreadsheet. Now that VINs are starting, would love to see what kind of pattern we can start seeing!

PS. I created a separate tab that is a read-only filter of LR orders only.

Omar, I know many have said this but let me add my voice to the chorus. You have been so patient and gracious with all of us. Thank you.

I think all of us should chip in $20 to send Omar to the best restaurant in his area. Who’s in and how do we do it?
Here? Gavin says it’s great although they wouldn’t let him eat with his mask in place…
1623818215838.jpeg

I’m confused. You’ve got a NJ phone number, “Bay Area” location and you’re reaching out to a FL Model S owner about reviewing their car? I’m not giving you s*** just a little skeptical.
Look at his other two posts. He wants to buy a plaid right now from someone who has waited 8+ months and just now decided to bail on their reservation. Sketchy scammer.

Questions....

@Cherry Wine
This is what I measured with my Apple Watch, by my home and on the freeway (decent condition):
  • Surface street, 25 mph: 53 dB
  • Freeway, 70 mph: 65 dB
  • Freeway: 80 mph: 69 dB
Will compare with the X tomorrow

@Gluber
No, warnings in the side mirrors when you merge, only in the IC visualization

@cwanja
I need a bit more explanation, I do not have a 3/Y and my son is 6'4", so beyond the car seat stage :)

@Str8down
No hotspot

@miketc
Page 209 in the manual, unless you mean something else

@Aleks0404
Page 208 in the manual, unless you mean something else

@Philekins
With the seat all the way up and the suspension all the way up, seat high is ~25in. There is still and Easy Entry profile and geotagging of suspension settings

You are offering $50k for a $120k car? How generous of you…

In one post you want to buy, in another you just want to use for review. Then you offer them pennies on the dollar to sell their car. There is a private message function for what you are doing. This thread is to discuss ordering, production and delivery. None of which describe what you are trying to do. There are other places on these forums for those activities, please use them.

Someone way back when asked me if I was still taking the time to put the car into park (or something like that). Surprisingly, the answer is no. When you unbuckle, the car automatically goes into park. So if you pair this functionality with the AutoShift, it really shortens the number of steps needed to get in and out of the car:
  1. Sit in seat
  2. Buckle up
  3. Tap brake
  4. Press accelerator
  5. Steer and go
On the other end:
  1. Press brake or let car comes to stop
  2. Unbuckle
  3. Get out of car
One other tidbit: in an empty parking lot, the car defaults to going into drive.

Just got my VIN and a 6/18-21 delivery window! Massachusetts. MSM / black / ebony / plaid / FSD. I had had a few different cars on order over the last several months while I sorted through what I wanted to do (and still have an MX on order, which I will cancel). I placed this particular order just last week after getting further reeled in by all the launch day excitement. Crazy that order to delivery will be inside of two weeks.

I feel a good bit of guilt given all the waiting and uncertainty folks on here are enduring, while this order has come through so fast. Almost didn’t post this info, but figure more info is better.

Hopefully the floodgates are opening for everyone’s deliveries.