Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Added more pics: interior detail, list of media options: 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid - osultan
  • Tried the thumbwheel trick to bring up the PRND buttons (pic on SmugMug) -- I think its not quite ready for prime time as the button response was inconsistent--sometimes short press, sometimes long press, sometimes no response
  • Yes, black Alcantara on the inside, but not much--roof is one big honking piece of glass--shielding looks really strong (look at the top down pic I took)--so fabric is on the pillars and around the edges
  • Only FM - no AM, no Sirus/XM
Omar, you are a rockstar. I've never posted, but I just have to say thank you for all the time and effort you have put into sharing your very cool experience and knowledge with everyone. Thank you so much 👊

My plaid msm, cream, cf, 21 in, FSD, just changed delivery date from June 21-30 (after weeks) to June 22-30. Not sure if that’s a good sign or they’re just messing with my head. I have another order with wood interior with. June delivery. Both were ordered before the price increase. I’ll take the first that shows up and cancel the other.
My MSM, cream, carbon fiber, arachnids just went from June 23-30 to July. 😆

Since you guys asked about charities, here are 3 suggestions:
  1. Wounded Warrior Project
  2. Operation Freedom Paws
  3. Just donate to your local shelter or German Shepherd Rescue
  4. Pick something that calls to you
That being said, please don't feel obligated to do anything--as I've said, I'm just happy to give back to our community.

I am at the car wash, hopefully getting my ICE wash for the last time! Meanwhile, I have a third-party lender with a bank. For anyone who has gotten notification for final payment, do you have any idea how to arrange payment? I think I indicated cash when I filled out the order initially. Will get on a computer to see if I can figure it out, but off the top of my head, not sure how to arrange for payment.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Since you guys asked about charities, here are 3 suggestions:
  1. Wounded Warrior Project
  2. Operation Freedom Paws
  3. Just donate to your local shelter or German Shepherd Rescue
  4. Pick something that calls to you
That being said, please don't feel obligated to do anything--as I've said, I'm just happy to give back to our community.
I'm putting a check in the mail to Wounded Warrior today. It's a very worthy charity.

I am at the car wash, hopefully getting my ICE wash for the last time! Meanwhile, I have a third-party lender with a bank. For anyone who has gotten notification for final payment, do you have any idea how to arrange payment? I think I indicated cash when I filled out the order initially. Will get on a computer to see if I can figure it out, but off the top of my head, not sure how to arrange for payment.
We've always just done ACH transfers after inspecting the car. The section should show up on the website for the new vehicle around the time you are scheduled to take delivery. You just enter your routing number, account number and the amount. You can even pay from multiple accounts.

If I can recall, Tesla gives you instructions that you provide to your bank. They will overnight a down payment (if you choose to do that) and Tesla will send the title to them. Then you get your car.

You never know, could be a real Nigerian prince 👑
Capture.JPG

Time to file another class action lawsuit. PS It is not a "lie" if the owner's manual clearly states, "This feature may not be available at delivery."

On spoilers …is this Tesla Spoiler the one folks are planning to go with ? Any third party suggestions ?
Hi Gang....FYI...the current spoiler for sale on the Tesla web site IS NOT compatible with the new Model S. Confirmed this with Tesla support today. A new spoiler will be developed for the new S