Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or wasn’t concerned with cutting a light.

Either way, I’d be curious as to more info on this run. Being down 3+ mph is fairly significant.
the old drag ROT is for every .1 in the 60 ft, there is .2 reduction in 1/4 mile ET. So the car should be able to get mid 1,5 60 ft. There is probably .3 to .4 right off his ET where he could be at 9.3. Not sure about the trap speed though...

that was awesome he went out and tried this at the drag strip !

Last edited:
the old drag ROT is for every .1 in the 60 ft, there is .2 reduction in 1/4 mile ET. So the car should be able to get mid 1,5 60 ft. There is probably .3 to .4 right off his ET where he could be at 9.3. Not sure about the trap speed though...
Wasn’t it Omar that talked about launching and his foot coming off the accelerator. That could explain the 60ft time.

My Lr is supposed to do 3.1 second 1/4 mile. I’ll be happy if they just deliver it. If it end up 4.1
Seconds that will be .4 seconds faster than my 2016 MB AMG-GTS that I paid 165,000 bucks for.
I generally do not go faster than 100 mph on highway. So I am just looking forward to owning a great electric sedan.
I haven’t drag raced a car
Since I wAs 17 years old. Had a custom Custom Camaro with a 454 cu in engine putting out 500 hp. It would do 1/4 mile
In 11.3 seconds at 130 mph.I just want to have my new LR
Car delivered. It has been 6 months to the day since I ordered it. I am trying to do the right thing in buying a more Environmentally friendly ev for the first time. I wish the Porsche Taycan had more range. It probably is more fun to drive quickly through some windy
Road than my sedan will feel.
Btw: I owned a new 1971 Lamborghini miura. Super fast and super
Fun. Ac leaked on my lap but that was almost
Expected. But back then, the 4 door
MB 600 6.9 litre sedan did 1/4
Mile faster Than Lamborghini. Bit Lamborghini was a hell of a lot
Mores Fun to drive

Rant off. Just want my new car soon. I’m 67 years old. I want it before I die. Maybe my age is making me cranky

Last edited:
Ya that’s a good rule of thumb. But being down on trap means it’s down on power. And Fwiw (generally speaking) trap speed is usually higher on a run with a worse 60ft.

Guess we’ll have to wait and see as more results come in. Can’t really draw too much from one data point.

Ya that’s a good rule of thumb. But being down on trap means it’s down on power. And Fwiw (generally speaking) trap speed is usually higher on a run with a worse 60ft.

Guess we’ll have to wait and see as more results come in. Can’t really draw too much from one data point.

agreed. Unless the true expected trap speed is closer to what Leno got (152). I have been still thinking the trap should be 155 based on the web site spec.

Draggy… new fangled gadgets that need satellites. Any of you old timers got a G-Tech sitting in a drawer somewhere. If you really want a shock Google G-Tech Pro(the current model) and check out the contact page and the name of the company that has been making them since 1995
No one bit?

I give you the maker of the g-tech

Tesla Electronics (I think it’s hilarious)

Attachments

• 87C542B3-DA31-4F58-ADD2-9CF347D75E9B.jpeg
    87C542B3-DA31-4F58-ADD2-9CF347D75E9B.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 60
So, went on a vet run and was scouting back roads, so I did mange to squeeze in one run with the Drag--had to let off at the end as a car was coming in the opposite direct (you can see where) and the road was not smooth, so I maybe a bit a loss of traction from that. I ts kinda funny I am being critical of the time, tho :)

IMG_63F2A7CE8F0B-1.jpeg

So, went on a vet run and was scouting back roads, so I did mange to squeeze in one run with the Drag--had to let off at the end as a car was coming in the opposite direct (you can see where) and the road was not smooth, so I maybe a bit a loss of traction from that. I ts kinda funny I am being critical of the time, tho :)

View attachment 674217
Awesome! Definitely looks like it has a lot more to go! 2.27 seconds to 60 with rollout is great for a first try tho. 👍 :)

Draggy… new fangled gadgets that need satellites. Any of you old timers got a G-Tech sitting in a drawer somewhere. If you really want a shock Google G-Tech Pro(the current model) and check out the contact page and the name of the company that has been making them since 1995
When I was a young one we raced cars but google would not exist for
Another 20 years. Lol

View attachment 674217
Thanks !
This was in dragstrip mode? Close to full charge?

• Informative
Reactions: EndlessPlaid