Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They called me and said they could do it. I am on the fence. I really like the CF look. But I hear there are shops that can basically wrap the wood with CF and it looks the same???
People say that it looks the same, but in my opinion, it looks nothing like the real deal. Especially because if they don't wrap the wood *exactly* right, you can see the wood grain through the wrap.

Has anyone wrapped the their wood with CF? I have an opportunity to deliver faster if I switch to wood. But I am struggling with this decision.
Wrapping it will look nothing like real CF and don’t even get me started on the feel. I had CF in my P90DL and the center console lid didn’t get the CF treatment from the factory. I always thought it looked out of place so I had it wrapped in 3M 1080 CF wrap. It looked nothing like the real thing. If you are set on CF, just wait, because you will always regret having vinyl wrap inside your car.

The round wheel that was seen has exactly the same turn signal and horn buttons. So it wouldn't help with that at all.
pppp]]
Ah yes. The good ole competition is coming. Where did I hear that before? Oh that’s right….practically every media outlet over the last decade. Here’s a few if you care to take a walk down memory lane from years past.

Ok,
Ah yes. The good ole competition is coming. Where did I hear that before? Oh that’s right….practically every media outlet over the last decade. Here’s a few if you care to take a walk down memory lane from years past.

Good point! But unless you live in a cave, they are coming. Look at GM'S release yesterday. Ford, Mercedes, etc are here to stay. Have you viewed the Ford Lightning Preorders?

Yes, have you looked at Ford F150 Lightning pre-orders? Stick your head in the sand, or pay attention and adapt.

Thanks, as discussed in the other thread (Model S Plaid Battery Details, sourced from EPA Docs, Vehicle Observations, & Supercharging/Charging data), it seems like this is well inside the potential charging envelope. I know it's hot, but I assume the battery was not pre-conditioned for 10-15 minutes? Or did you try and the car didn't bother doing it?

Was this on a V3 or a V2 supercharger (if it's 108 degress then V3 might behave a bit better, I suspect)? So many variables with Supercharging, sometimes a lot of sessions are required to get a good idea of what is possible.

I'd expect you could get 150kW at 62% or so, perhaps. Thanks for the datapoints, though.

(This session also has a slightly lower rate at 90% than the previously reported 54kW, but it's pretty close - it might be over 50kW a little.)
  • I drove ~30 min to get to the charger plus the ambient heat seems to keep the car happy--even though I plugged in the SC as my destination, car did not say anything about pre-conditioning
  • V3 - 25okW so assume V3?
  • I thought it might hit 150kw too, but no
I just realized the SC 10 min from my house is all 250 kW chargers, so it jsut became a lot easier to run the car down to low SoC and run a more complete charging test.

I spent ten hours driving to and from a service center the past two days and made an effort to not use the top of the steering wheel. It's hard. I am skeptical about the yoke.

It will get easier when it is not there. After a few adrenaline rushes, the limbic system will overcome muscle memory.

(Need a Yoke Thread)

I spent ten hours driving to and from a service center the past two days and made an effort to not use the top of the steering wheel. It's hard. I am skeptical about the yoke.
Same feeling. Not a deal breaker, but not excited about it. I'm curious if a shop like RPM Tesla will offer a workable replacement. I'll be all over that. I can understand Tesla deciding it's cooler, and hey, it's their car, they can sell what they want, but it's still really weird to me that they don't even offer the wheel as an option. Oh well.