Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If blank means August, blank means I cancel, given the fact that the person who reached out directly and asked me to convert from Plaid+ said "two weeks" about two weeks ago and said "end of june" two hours ago.
It's just one guy and we know how inconsistent their info is... just relaying what he said.

I should add, he said it was blank in their internal system as well and that was part of it, so there may be a distinction.

That's fair, but I'm sure you're also taking into consideration the real world experience with the Yoke by our own @omarsultan and @Atomadam? That carries much more weight with me than YouTubers and magazine writers.
Absolutely! I know @omarsultan believes in the whole Tesla design philosophy and the greater cause of the yoke pushing us forward to a FSD future. Omar is such an easygoing guy, I do not believe he would complain about the yoke even if it was bothering him. He believes in the greater cause and that shows us Tesla chose the right guy to deliver one of the first cars to. @omarsultan how are you feeling about the yoke after a full week of adjustment?

I haven’t heard any new details from @Atomadam in a few days, but the last I heard was that he would love to switch to a steering wheel if it was available. @Atomadam how are you feeling about the yoke one week on?

Ok

Do you think I can sit on my Plaid order long enough to get a Plaid+? 🤣

Right now I’m playing the wait it out game. I wasn’t expecting my Plaid+ for some time. My old ‘17 S is still fine. I think I can hang out for a 2022 year model. But damn. I waver at times.

I find it interesting that Tesla has bended the rules about pricing like this, but they're still saying that Plaid+ orders cannot be converted, they must be refunded and a brand new order submitted...

It seems like Tesla might actually consider giving + guys a break and hold the pre-increase pricing for them based on EM’s tweet.

BIG NEWS my Plaid+ reservation has automagically changed into a Plaid reservation, ETA July! Would be a great birthday present, hahaha.

What pricing did you get? 2k off 10k FSD if you ordered it and 10k off current pricing?

BAD NEWS you can't cancel it online and get your $1000 deposit back. I'm on the phone again trying to remedy that. I don't need two Model S Plaids.

I did (cancel online). Got my 1k back in two days and also ordered the Plaid 1 day before the increase.

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
If blank means August, blank means I cancel, given the fact that the person who reached out directly and asked me to convert from Plaid+ said "two weeks" about two weeks ago and said "end of june" two hours ago.

And to clarify why - I'm excited about the new S, and would love to get one soon, so I'm willing to buy a Plaid that has speed I don't really need at all. for a huge premium because I'm excited. However if I have to wait quite a while, I'll get the LR and save my $50k.

I had a blank.

I cancelled.

I regret it now.

What pricing did you get? 2k off 10k FSD if you ordered it and 10k off current pricing?

I did (cancel online). Got my 1k back in two days and also ordered the Plaid 1 day before the increase. But it seems like Tesla might actually consider giving + guys a break and hold the pre-increase pricing for them based on EM’s tweet.

Right now I’m playing the wait it out game. I wasn’t expecting my Plaid+ for some time. My good old ‘17 S is still fine. I think I can hang out for a 2022 year model. But damn. I waver at times.

Similar situation here, was expecting the plus in '22.

Am now thinking of the impossible:

I wonder if I could ask to reinstate my cancelled order for the plus, and get back in line (not cut in line) for the plaid.

Problem is, like you, happy with what I have, and don't need a car till next year. Also, what will I do about CT? So many first world problems.

What do you think your SA would say?

Reactions: TNGuy99
I am sorry, but I posted bad info. No VIN, just RN

Poster MarcG, noted the render on the red car has been updated.
Yep, no VIN yet. But lots of progress today, with my Plaid+ order auto-converted to Plaid at pre-$10k-pricing-hike price. FSD at $10k but will be changed to $8k.

More importantly: July delivery!! :eek: I'm so not ready... as I was originally expecting late-2021 delivery, then mid-2022.

@omarsultan I may have to drive out to see your car again in person and make sure I can handle it, before taking delivery of mine ;)

Tbh the way Tesla has handled the Plaid+/- debacle is pretty clownshoes. I'm speculating they just forgot about the folks with Plaid+ reservations. No offense to any of the folks who got in on Plaid- right away or even took delivery at the event, but I'm a bit annoyed that I didn't get the opportunity when I placed the + order within seconds of it being possible on the website, and am now left wondering if I'm truly in some opaque queue for delivery or am just being told what I want to hear.

Yep, no VIN yet. But lots of progress today, with my Plaid+ order auto-converted to Plaid at pre-$10k-pricing-hike price. FSD at $10k but will be changed to $8k.

More importantly: July delivery!! :eek: I'm so not ready... as I was originally expecting late-2021 delivery, then mid-2022.

@omarsultan I may have to drive out to see your car again in person and make sure I can handle it, before taking delivery of mine ;)

Others have posted (Alan?) That chill mode is similar to the older cars, so you will be fine.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Way too many overreactions about having to wait for production here to catch up to orders. I like the cancel messages as means we move up in line, but sheesh it’s just a car. Can’t need this particular EV that badly where a month or so more makes a difference. I’d say relax and be fortunate you can even consider having $1000+ to spend as most Americans out there don’t.

Way too many overreactions about having to wait for production here to catch up to orders. I like the cancel messages as means we move up in line, but sheesh it’s just a car. Can’t need this particular EV that badly where a month or so more makes a difference. I’d say relax and be fortunate you can even consider having $1000+ to spend as most Americans out there don’t.
It is about setting realistic expectations and meeting them. If you give me bogus info enough times, I'm probably going to be annoyed. I haven't canceled the order and am just saying that I will if they are wishful-thinking at me to keep me on the Plaid train. Also $$ shaming in a forum full of people talking about an expensive car is kinda, erm, rich.

Some have been waiting since last year, sold their cars, had their credit pulled, etc.

All with no communication from Tesla.

Something to consider.

You may be correct, but why are so many (not just you) complaining about the yoke, ANC, tilt screen, etc. when you don't even have the car yet and are just speculating about what features you will not like or do not have?? 🙄
Based on 36 years of driving experience with a round, flippin steering wheel and some of that experience with ICE vehicles that have 600+ HP/TQ. Plus based on reviews already done on the MS Plaid with the yoke steering. It seems to be quite clear that there are no real advantages of the yoke steering and it was simply dreamed up and put into action by Hanz & Franz, I mean Elon and Franz likely because they thought it was "cool." Not a good enough reason in my book.

I can only just imagine the amount of accidents, injuries and possible deaths, especially with older folks (probably mostly in refresh MS LR's with the yoke steering BTW) here in South Florida over the coming months and years with the yoke steering being a contributing factor in those crashes...why? Because the driver couldn't find the horn or because the driver couldn't grab the steering wheel correctly and ended up crashing into the oncoming 84-year old driver on the other side of the road. ALL a possibility just because Tesla implemented a radical new design change (with no real benefits just because they could do it) to what's been used the same way in automobiles since Henry Ford developed the Model T.

Last edited: