Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't recall any of Tesla's website info saying the screen tilted and nothing said it was a mechanical or electronic tilt. There was lots of speculation here about it. If the hardware is there - and it seems unlikely as the screen is tight to the dash so the mechanism would have to extend it out and then let it tilt - they will enable it by software update. That seems like a big if...
The marketing materials originally said it would tilt, and people have found the mechanism in the parts catalogs, but whether this ever is enabled via software is the question.

I don't recall any of Tesla's website info saying the screen tilted and nothing said it was a mechanical or electronic tilt. There was lots of speculation here about it. If the hardware is there - and it seems unlikely as the screen is tight to the dash so the mechanism would have to extend it out and then let it tilt - they will enable it by software update. That seems like a big if...
It was 100% on the website for the refreshed Model S. Said it tilted left or right. Lots of people saw it.

The site did originally say it tilted, and the part looks like it tilts the screen by pushing the side(s) out.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
before.png

You might want to cut down on all of that expensive wine you have been drinking so you can read the fine print!

For those of you who switched to wood, how did you get them to not change your price ?
They're agreeing to not change price on this one instance because it allows them to deliver a car within Q2 as opposed to waiting until Q3. If they don't have a car matching you, they may or may not give you the deal... you can call them and ask if they have something available sooner, or if they have something that might match your config they may reach out to you

I’m an hour away from Dallas. Red exterior, white interior, CF have had delays. I doubt my date update as I have no VIN yet. I will post as soon as I get one. Keeping fingers crossed.
For the M3 in Texas - 2018 - I had to jump through some hoops - not sure if the process has changed.

Keep in mind, per state regulations, Texas purchases will need to have the vehicle fully funded and contract signed before shipping your Model 3 from California to Texas. Your estimated delivery date will be 14 days after the Model 3 is fully funded.

Comparison of the initial few seconds of the "plain" Plaid run last night (right) vs the DS/Cheetah run this morning (left). A coupel of testing notes:
  • Battery was comparable ~85%
  • The plain run had a better (smoother) road surface
View attachment 674796
When in dragstrip mode, will the car let you launch before “cheetah mode” finishes lowering?

They're agreeing to not change price on this one instance because it allows them to deliver a car within Q2 as opposed to waiting until Q3. If they don't have a car matching you, they may or may not give you the deal... you can call them and ask if they have something available sooner, or if they have something that might match your config they may reach out to you
If they reach out to me to change to Ebony wood vs CF, I might take them up on it... I originally wanted wood but only had the option for CF when I ordered... but the CF looks so nice in @Atomadam 's pics I think I'm gonna keep it

Reactions: sflgator