Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stand corrected on the tilt representation. But does anyone disagree that the screen looks to tight to the dash to have a meaningful tilt?
it dose look tight to the dash, but i was looking at it yesterday and there is a small gap, I tried to take a photo but couldn't really capture what I was seeing. I couldn't get the light correct on it.

I stand corrected on the tilt representation. But does anyone disagree that the screen looks to tight to the dash to have a meaningful tilt?
Indeed it does, but the mechanism it was on looked like a scissor jack, where it would extend a little bit forward before tilting. Could be pretty cool, although I personally don't see myself using it that much.

Haven't taken delivery yet, but did receive a VIN. Maybe @omarsultan or @Atomadam can chime in.

Using my VIN, Progressive gave me a policy for $665/6mos ($1,330/year) for the Model S Plaid. That's roughly the same premium as my '20 Model X Performance (0-60 2.6s).
My premium estimate is 961.86/6mos with USAA. It's great insurance, but a lot higher than the Progressive quoted here....

Can you put your car info in your signature line so we can try to understand this better?
I don't see what everyone is trying to figure out. Tesla wants to deliver as many cars this quarter as possible. They build a bunch of cars based on estimated options, determine the furthest distance away they can ship them and still deliver this quarter, then match the cars to orders in that area based on order date. When time runs out for that area, they repeat for the next furthest they can deliver. They have been doing this world wide for years. So east coast, mid and then West coast will all get their cars in the last week of this quarter based on order date in each area. They build on batch for efficiency, so they may build a bunch of one color, then switch at any time. Same with interior. I feel you can speculate all you want, but that is as much as has ever been decoded after doing this with each model.

I don't see what everyone is trying to figure out. Tesla wants to deliver as many cars this quarter as possible. They build a bunch of cars based on estimated options, determine the furthest distance away they can ship them and still deliver this quarter, then match the cars to orders in that area based on order date. When time runs out for that area, they repeat for the next furthest they can deliver. They have been doing this world wide for years. So east coast, mid and then West coast will all get their cars in the last week of this quarter based on order date in each area. They build on batch for efficiency, so they may build a bunch of one color, then switch at any time. Same with interior. I feel you can speculate all you want, but that is as much as has ever been decoded after doing this with each model.
This is the normal way, but it is interesting to see all(?) the auto-converted Plaid+ orders seem to be targeting July, regardless of color/config. Sort of bucks the trend.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Correction, here....

Attachments

• IMG_0884.jpeg
    IMG_0884.jpeg
    293.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0885.jpeg
    IMG_0885.jpeg
    698.9 KB · Views: 70
As opposed to everyone elses beliefs on this thread that have been based on nothing as well? This entire thread is speculation.
For sure, but the speculation that tilt would be a pay feature makes no sense and is backed by nothing…. But yes it sure would be awful and evil of Tesla to do that, if they did…. Which they surely won’t.

For context, pay features like heated rear seats on Model 3 apply only to the base model SR+ So no, not a precedent for nickel and dime add ons on the premium vehicle

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Its in settings under driving, Ill take a photo in a few. Its weird how you get to it, I just happened to stumble upon it.
Thanks for the pics, but I didn’t mean how you adjust the yoke position. More specifically, I wanted to know how you are personally adjusting to driving with a yoke vs a steering wheel. Advantages and disadvantages, etc.

Last edited:
For sure, but the speculation that tilt would be a pay feature makes no sense and is backed by nothing…. But yes it sure would be awful and evil of Tesla to do that, if they did…. Which they surely won’t.

For context, pay features like heated rear seats on Model 3 apply only to the base model SR+ So no, not a precedent for nickel and dime add ons on the premium vehicle
I will try and get a photo of what I was referring to earlier later today.

Don’t get your hopes up. It means nothing! You will likely wake up tomorrow with a blank date.
I refuse to believe that. I am immediately starting all preparations to bring the car home starting with a call to the local orchestra to play dramatic music as I pull into my garage for the first time. Also my friends and colleagues don't know if I ordered a Plaid or LR so I am arranging for a "Model Reveal" party tonight. It is happening!!!!
/s