Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today received my wall connector from Tesla…. Now just please give me a VIN and send my car 🙏🙏
I want to get one and get a head start on the install but at this point afraid of not getting to use it before warranty on it is over, for whenever I actually get the car, to then find out something is wrong with it.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I was after an edge-on view to see the two layers.
Excellent photos again, thanks.
In Australia,. you would be called a UFL...
Here you go -- the is the trailing edge of the driver's window.

IMG_1761.jpeg

I've been checking this forum occasionally, but have never posted. Only writing to let you all know that yesterday I got my VIN and my delivery is scheduled for Monday the 28th at Mt. Kisco NY. I ordered the LR about mid Jan. To be honest, at this point, I almost don't even want to car anymore. I'm pretty over it.
There will be a lot more EV's on the market in the next few years. Tesla offers performance, superchargers and FSD, and you can buy one this year. If you can do without these and can wait, that's an option to consider.

Thx. :)

That was the last thing on my to-do for today. Now off to figure out how to make the car make horse hoof clip-clop sounds at low speeds via boombox (this has been a long held dream).
That would be awesome!!! My neighbor has the default UFO sound and that is pretty cool.

When I get a Tesla with Boombox I suspect that will be a major source of fun.

Some of you long time Tesla fans are probably scratching your head at some of us power and speed crazed maniacs. Well, lemmme tell ya, a 9 second car is going to attract a new kind of bird to the flock. :D
And when you accelerate in an EV, nobody seems to care as it quietly does it’s thing. It’s very different accelerating in a loud ice car lol. Dirty looks etc.. People hate the noise. It’s a nice advantage to the Tesla that you prob didn’t think about..

It for sound damping/control. Cons: it costs more. might weigh a bit more but it is probably the same thickness, just 2 half thickness panes with laminate in-between. Made pretty much the same way as all windshields.
The other negative is apparently those emergency glass break devices will no longer work or work as well on the laminated glass.

Does the refresh still have cornering lights? They're the extra side-illumination that lights up when you turn the blinker on or turn the wheel a bit.
Yes, although not dedicated cornering lamps. The Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS - no, don't ask why its not AFLS) provides that. The low beam is made up of 4 lighting elements and they appear to be steerable and the car changes beam pattern depending on what you are doing. So, if you are making a turn, it lights the direction you are turning.