Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s going to be our family hauler (we just had our 6th child last month!). 127 miles of range won’t cut it….have my fingers crossed Tesla will develop a Cybervan. My 2017 S90D has the jump seats but with 8 now - that’s no longer an option for our big family. Just thought it was interesting that I’m being forced to be equally patient with a late Ford as I am with this refreshed Model S!

There is no way I would buy a 127 mile range EV for our family, especially in the absence of a Supercharger network.
Gotcha, fair enough. I think it will sell well though. Tons of delivery companies and small businesses who don’t need huge range figures for their vans

How did you get a real phone number? I have a delivery scheduled and can’t get in touch with a live person.

Call your selected delivery center and calling until you get a live person. Then ask them to send you a txt.

I didn’t have to ask for a SA (now called Delivery Speciatist) as this is my 5th Tesla and have a multitude of #’s in my phone since 2015 🤣😂

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
So I paid for my LR yesterday. I have an appointment on Monday to get her. The $2k discount has not been applied. Does anyone have experience with this? My SA doesn’t respond to my emails and the phone numbers I have don’t get me to a live person. Glad to be getting my car (been waiting aprox 8 months) but their customer service is just terrible. Any other company would jump through hoops on a purchase of this magnitude.
Thanks in advance.

Call your selected delivery center and calling until you get a live person. Then ask them to send you a txt.

I didn’t have to ask for a SA (now called Delivery Speciatist) as this is my 5th Tesla and have a multitude of #’s in my phone since 2015 🤣😂
Dude, I’ve called 15+ times and nothing. Tried various selections and everything. Arghhh

Tried switching my order from 19s to 21s the random person I talked to at tesla told me that if I switch any thing on my car I will be charged the $10k up charge . Any fixing this ?
Yup, because buying a 130k car is just like using coupons at office depot. Totally depends on who the cashier is and if he/she will let you stack those coupons or not :mad:

Another day. Another October EDD, not that I expected different. White on white with 19s seems to be a long wait after reading through the chatter here. WOMP. I would totally update to 21s but Rhode Island roads tell me that would be awful.
I am in the same debacle right now. Thinking of hitting my SA up, she's been MIA for some time now though. But I won't mind switching to 21s and then buying aftermarket 19s to get that range back.

Just musing, but wondering why Tesla doesn't offer a minor discount, comp, or even just refund of the shipping fees, if we were to go to Freemont to pick up the beast. They finish, wash and charge the car, and some 200 folks a day can drive off - without delivery delays, etc. - they could comp supercharging for your drive home (If you live in Freemont that might be $1 worth, if in NYC well, it's cross country). Maybe even some partnership with hotels that have destination charging to make a small vacation out of it. That would be one way to move the cars - they could set up a tent in the parking/Plaid reveal area. Okay, back to lurking...

Just musing, but wondering why Tesla doesn't offer a minor discount, comp, or even just refund of the shipping fees, if we were to go to Freemont to pick up the beast. They finish, wash and charge the car, and some 200 folks a day can drive off - without delivery delays, etc. - they could comp supercharging for your drive home (If you live in Freemont that might be $1 worth, if in NYC well, it's cross country). Maybe even some partnership with hotels that have destination charging to make a small vacation out of it. That would be one way to move the cars - they could set up a tent in the parking/Plaid reveal area. Okay, back to lurking...
Yeah I'm wishing I had just set Fremont as my pickup location, gonna probably fly to pick mine up as it is, no SC in my state.

I know when I picked up a BMW in Munich they gave a significant discount (something like 8% of the MSRP), but I believe most of that was them avoiding import tariffs, as when the car was put on a boat it was property of a US citizen and therefore not subject to tariffs. As cars are taxed stateside, there isn't as much incentive for Tesla :(

I was lucky enough to get a VIN yesterday on MS Plaid White, Wood, FSD, 21s and got a pickup date of July 4-July 7, does completing payment speed it up? I'm wondering if I should wait till it's the date is closer for me to complete final payment. Thanks!
wow, I am surprised they don't want to deliver it this quarter. Disappointing to say the least. I'd think it will speed things up, however, I am not sure.

You know you are completing losing your mind when you are watching tragic news unfold and you look twice to make sure the car in the background isn't the new Model S with 19's.

Screenshot 2021-06-24 06.19.17.png