Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm so jealous. I'd take wood over carbon fiber if it meant getting the car sooner. They have equal weighting in my mind.

What did you do to pull this off? Are you literally calling service/delivery centers and asking what they have? Feels like such a shot in the dark.
Absolute dumb luck. I only called every other day the past week to check in and ask whether there were other cars I could match with. I don't think a lot of people are going to turn down their Plaid appointment unless they just physically cannot be there, like this person.

1624660623604.png

More later... Spoiler: It's worth the wait.

So, I sent my VIN to my insurance to get a card for pickup next week and the VIN gave back a "Plaid +" designation. Does someone have a current VIN decoder for 2021 Model S? Were you assigned a VIN based on whether you reserved a +? Does anyone have a VIN from a non + reservation? I'd like to compare,
Here is the latest decoder--you need to look at the 8th digit. 5 for LR (Dual Motor) and 6 for Plaid (Tri-motor).

Well, we were just talking about Dragtimes' car, and then he posted this morning:😱
Anyone know if Brooks has CF in his red MS Plaid? I bet it does; he's used to CF in all his other hyper sports cars, so... 🤔

Tesla just called me for the second day in a row and they just keep teasing me haha. The adviser was looking at my order (getting it ready perhaps???) and noticed that I had already sold my trade-in that was listed in the payment section. He wanted to confirm and I said yes so he took it off my account (website showed the update a couple minutes after). After doing so he said it would actually "expedite" my order and it should be ready sometime in July and NOT August like the other advisor told me yesterday. So I think tomorrow I will get another call saying my Red Plaid w/CF is ready to pick up and I should get a VIN any minute now 😂 It does seem like red Plaids are coming…