Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys!! would like opinion on this. Picked up the Plaid Friday. it is the most expensive car I ever bought. There is this small imperfection on the steering wheel. SHould I get this replaced? What is your experience with things like this on this level of a care

Attachments

• 27A2EF58-3D7A-4AAE-A9BA-45FEDBAFA432.jpeg
    27A2EF58-3D7A-4AAE-A9BA-45FEDBAFA432.jpeg
    531.4 KB · Views: 112
  • F6E6F554-ED82-4F3E-8BC2-9D139469D059.jpeg
    F6E6F554-ED82-4F3E-8BC2-9D139469D059.jpeg
    530.3 KB · Views: 79
  • C1986D9E-A6FD-49EC-B229-233680A91A03.jpeg
    C1986D9E-A6FD-49EC-B229-233680A91A03.jpeg
    478.2 KB · Views: 87
Hey guys!! would like opinion on this. Picked up the Plaid Friday. it is the most expensive car I ever bought. There is this small imperfection on the steering wheel. SHould I get this replaced? What is your experience with things like this on this level of a care
Absolutely! Particularly since it should be a quick fix once they have the parts.

What logical reason would they not put an already built, higher margin S on a truck instead of a 3/Y, if they have to choose due to limited transport availability?
I think there is a pretty logical reason for this. While revenue and profit margin numbers certainly seem like the most important variable, the Tesla S has become inconsequential. Therefore, Tesla will live and die based on 3/Y delivery numbers. Exceeding analysts expectations on 3/Y deliveries, at this point, seems more important than delivering a handful of Model S cars. Tesla hasn’t delivered a S/X this year until recently, and the market doesn’t seem to care.

Last edited:
Are we sure the 19 inch are summer tires? Agree with you that if they are I would also switch. I also sent a note to my SA to see what he knows.
@SailorDave I visited Tesla delivery center yesterday and I asked. They said the 19” are all season. I said you sure? They said let‘s check. After about 20 minutes of checking and pulling sheets from Fremont, they found out the 19” were summer tires. So I changed my order to 21”.

I would definitely mention it and see what they say. Worst they say is it's normal and they don't do anything about it.

Unfortunately, it's dependent on the particular service center as to how they deal with these things. In my area they're great for me especially about delivery issues but it's been 4.5 years since I took delivery and they are a lot more focused on the bottom line.

I created a list of issues and let my owner advisor and service center respond. I broke out any urgent issues into a separate service request which you can do through the app.

So my car (Black/Black LR 21”) has been at the service center since Friday, scheduled for delivery Tuesday. Have actually seen people posting photos of it on Facebook.

Trying to contact Tesla about going to pick it up early. It looks ready to go in the pictures. Now I’m worried they are using it as a training vehicle. How many miles should I expect to see on the dash when I pick it up?

So my car (Black/Black LR 21”) has been at the service center since Friday, scheduled for delivery Tuesday. Have actually seen people posting photos of it on Facebook.

Trying to contact Tesla about going to pick it up early. It looks ready to go in the pictures. Now I’m worried they are using it as a training vehicle. How many miles should I expect to see on the dash when I pick it up?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
That is beyond super easy.

You know, someone has made a GAWD awful fast four door grocery getting daily driver that does not burn fossil fuel. I live under a lucky start and can afford it. Why on earth would I have ANYTHING else?

It also helps that I am a huge mechanical nerd. You must feed it to maintain the "huge" :)
I'm somewhat frugal/pragmatic and couldn't justify the added expense, but it was my wife who insisted, well, demanded that I go Plaid. You only live once, and if we don't spend our money the kids certainly will, and there's more than enough so it doesn't really matter.

Another day went by and it’s the time. It’s the time to relax after dinner. Take the dogs around the block to wear them out before it’s their bed time. Then wind down and take a nice hot shower prior to getting into bed. Finally lie down in bed, pull out the phone, and check this thread. Catch up to the last post of the last page and only then, knowingly that the account will still display blank, switch Safari tabs to the Tesla’s site, to once again, for the 10th time today, login to the site, click onto the Manage link, to then peacefully go to bed knowing nothing has changed and the blank is still just as blank as it has been any other day.

Thanks Tesla.
You have started to settle into the"process". Once you get past month one, it does not get any better. At month 4, you go through emotions similar to a loss in your life. Anger....depression....is this somehow my fault. I am 180 days into the journey...I hope you don't go that long!! LOL!!!

I'm new to this forum. Waiting patiently on my Model S LR MSM here in Canada.

On another note, I'm not sure if this has already been brought up, but unless Omar is also known as Chris, this guy is ripping off hia video.

Yeah, the Google wheels of justice slowly grinding away on that...

Are we sure the 19 inch are summer tires? Agree with you that if they are I would also switch. I also sent a note to my SA to see what he knows.
Took this picture last week on an LR and Plaid in Ft Myers, Fl at the SC. 19s have Pirelli P ZERO. 21 in have Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S.

Attachments

• IMG_2009.jpeg
    IMG_2009.jpeg
    570.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2010.jpeg
    IMG_2010.jpeg
    568.4 KB · Views: 79
I would add to your list of items to be addressed. If you don't, you will look at it everyday and wonder why you didn't. My two cents.

So I got a couple of questions.

Whats the deal with all season vs summer tires that’s making people switch rims back and forth? Those stock tires probably have a 200 tread wear so they won’t last super long anyway.

Is there a running list of Plaid v LR in terms of what you get for the extra 50k besides a third motor and better acceleration/top speed?

It should be noted on your MVPA on the first page--mine was 15.

Have been blank since June 17. (Prior was June for one day and July02-14 or something before that)

Red/CF/21/Dallas, TX

I haven’t heard a peep from Tesla for over a month. I can only assume it’s the red paint.
Almost the same here except I picked white. Ordered in Jan. Common variables are TX and CF. I think it’s the CF more than anything. I’ll take any date (almost) at this point.

Took this picture last week on an LR and Plaid in Ft Myers, Fl at the SC. 19s have Pirelli P ZERO. 21 in have Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S.

About an hour ago I changed to the 21's. I had delayed because I wanted the range and I drive a lot so I expect to need tires every 8-10 months or so if they last 15,000 miles. Last night my wife commented that she thought they looked much better. I had not even known she had been browsing the Tesla site! After seeing this picture, I am not regretting my decision but I do wonder what the 19" will look like on a car without the covers.