Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t think my estimated delivery is going to magically switch to June at this point 😫 Hopefully it’s in the first half of July, would love to have it for a trip in the second half 😎

CEA1ED22-0CCE-4CF0-8DEC-FA6515C3D8EB.jpeg

Things are what they are. Right now Tesla has the tech, the cars and the infrastructure. It will take at least a few years for companies like GM to compete on equal ground.
The question always will be - where will Tesla be then? Do you go through hell to get a superior product or do you settle and have a better customer service experience.

Unfortunately, having money doesn’t equate to cautious or responsible behavior. In fact, a lot of the wealthiest people I know are not risk averse and obtained their wealth by taking huge financial risks. This risky behavior sometimes carries over into other areas of life.

I love that the Plaid exists, and admire the technology that created a car that can literally accelerate like a spaceship. Unfortunately, alot of people could potentially kill themselves or other drivers. There are lots of cars that have the same problem, but owning a car that is labeled as the world’s fastest presents new problems, because everyone with a fast car will want to benchmark it against the new standard.

Watching this Plaid video did not impress me. I hate seeing someone risk the lives of other drivers. Going close to 100 mph faster than the flow of traffic on public roads is a recipe for disaster. I guess I’m just getting old, because in my early 20’s I would have thought this was awesome.
Yep. There’s a long sad list of celebrities and wealthy people who bought more plane than their skills could manage. A Plaid is a big spend but compared to the price of a high performance aircraft it’s the democratization of Darwin Award winners.

The question always will be - where will Tesla be then? Do you go through hell to get a superior product or do you settle and have a better customer service experience.
If I the Tesla and service and communication still stink, I will wait for someone to catch up rather than go throgh this process again. I have other cars so I can wait them out.
i am really excited about having my first EV and Tesla. For a sedan, the car seems fantastic. It mover me away from a Benz S class for a lot less money.

Yep. There’s a long sad list of celebrities and wealthy people who bought more plane than their skills could manage. A Plaid is a big spend but compared to the price of a high performance aircraft it’s the democratization of Darwin Award winners.
Compared To a Ferrari or Lamborghini or nice Aston Martin. And even if Tesla service or reliability isnt great, it has to be better than the exotics.
when I was 17 my uncle offered to buy me any car I wanted (my grandfather had left half the business to my brother and I. My uncle was a car nut and built a 40 car personal garage at our building below his office.
I test drove a Ferrari, a Maserati Ghibli and a Lamborghini Miura. When I turned the ac on in that beautiful mid engine Lamborghini, water
Spilled out all over me and the passenger seat. Car was brand new. I took the ghibli.

If I the Tesla and service and communication still stink, I will wait for someone to catch up rather than go throgh this process again. I have other cars so I can wait them out.
i am really excited about having my first EV and Tesla. For a sedan, the car seems fantastic. It mover me away from a Benz S class for a lot less money.
Part of me agrees. Part of me does not. Sure, all the big autos are throwing billions of dollars at EVs. But are they vertically integrating like Tesla? Or will they out source to an outsourcer and lose control. Plus will their UI experience catch up? Who is producing their batteries? There’s more questions than answers. But it will be interesting overtime. Competition is never a bad thing.

Full disclosure, sure this posts sounds like I am chugging from the Tesla koolaid stand. But I am definitely not in anyway a fanboi. Love their cars. Love their software. But they sure know how to *sugar* the bed getting all that together and delivered to customers.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Had an appt to pickup my Plaid on 06/25 and they cancelled delivery, rescheduled for today at 10am. Call me 1 hour before my appt and say I cannot take the car because of paint defects. I drive there and there is a very tiny scratch on the back window and a small paint defect if you open the trunk, inside the jam. Both extremely small issues that I could bring the car back to correct. They tell me I cannot take the car because it has to be perfect. Meanwhile I already sold my car and two appointments later. They then tell me the main screen won’t boot. No communication throughout the whole process. Just a terrible customer service experience. I will say the car, white with black interior is insanely sexy. Like night and day better in person. There was also a gray version there and it was great, but the white just pops with all the black accents, looked quite a bit better in my opinion.

as a side note they gave me a p100d loaner car, and I didn’t find the speed a huge difference from my 2013 P85 surprisingly. Anyone with a P100D drive a Plaid? Is the difference extreme?

Despite the poor customer service, the car looks incredible. All of you will be beyond happy with your purchase, I’ll be waiting another couple weeks, but, first world problems.
Difference between 2 motors with older battery technology and ~ 670HP/TQ vs. 3 new electric carbon sleeved motors, new, denser battery technology and 1,020 HP/1,050 ft/lb TQ which holds power from 0-200mph...what do you think? 😜

Part of me agrees. Part of me does not. Sure, all the big autos are throwing billions of dollars at EVs. But are they vertically integrating like Tesla? Or will they out source to an outsourcer and lose control. Plus will their UI experience catch up? Who is producing their batteries? There’s more questions than answers. But it will be interesting overtime. Competition is never a bad thing.

Full disclosure, sure this posts sounds like I am chugging from the Tesla koolaid stand. But I am definitely not in anyway a fanboi. Love their cars. Love their software. But they sure know how to *sugar* the bed getting all that together and delivered to customers.
I don’t disagree with you. Big learning curve for those big companies. Even the current MB ice vehicles have clunky user interfaces for their ICE cars.
but the one thing that will help MB is that they have great customer service and always have nice loaners available to their customers. They will pick up your car that need service and drop the loaner off to you. If you want to wait they usually have great waiting areas. My last MB service centrer had food, shoe shine area, pool table and a computer at Every station that you would wait at. Always seemed like a pleasure to deal with them.

So, I was quite concerned about my LR car being one of the long term storage or train track fence cars that have been neglected for the last couple of months. I contacted my SA to get a build date on my LR, and I was told the car came off the line on June 23rd. I thought this was great news.

This made me question what is going on with all those cars in storage. Maybe all the early builds aren’t regular customer cars. Could they have had some early build defect that would preclude a regular customer sale? Maybe they will become test drive cars or sold at a discount to a fleet buyer. Pure speculation on my part, but it seems odd that all of those cars are still sitting there.

The industry will never truly catch up to Tesla, because they don't innovate. They have all been safely making all their products similar to reduce consumer choice and hedge their bets that everything being close to a competitor is safe.

Now they are trying to copy Tesla out of necessity, and that is not innovation. So they may end up copying what Tesla is doing now, but they are entrenched in decades of churning out the same incremental crap year after year, so good luck leaping ahead of Tesla. They will do just enough to give customers an option other than Tesla, and that is where they will stop.

as a side note they gave me a p100d loaner car, and I didn’t find the speed a huge difference from my 2013 P85 surprisingly. Anyone with a P100D drive a Plaid? Is the difference extreme?

Yes, daily drove a P100D and a 2020 Performance for combined years before Plaid. The difference between them and Plaid is extreme.

Your original comment was factory ams and speaker are junk--what does that have to do with compressed audio streams?
Compressed audio as compared to a true digital source along side much
Ore capable speakers will provide an incredibly different listening experience in a Tesla. There are plenty of them out there with amazing systems in them. Pull one speaker out and look at the cone material and you will see what I mean. This is nothing against Tesla, it’s every OEM system.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid