Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a plane ticket to pick up my MS on Tuesday. These posts about delays are worrying me. I know some of you have talked about knowing where your car is via pings. Who are you talking to to get this information?
Any SA can do it. Because dealerships are closed (by law) on Sundays in IL, I just called the Tesla Santa Monica number and asked a random SA for help. They pinged my car and confirmed it was already in Chicago. Delivery is Tuesday. :) (I'm flying to retrieve mine as well)

Ordered the day new model s was announced. Had a delivery appointment for today and got a call this morning informing me the car hasnā€™t been loaded onto a truck yet. Hopefully will get mine tomorrow or Wednesday
Marina de Rey. Got the same car. Supposed to be tomorrow 2:00 PM. I know it wonā€™t show until Tuesday.

Impressive. And SoC was at 87%. I wonder if higher SoC means higher voltage (hence higher power) in a way that makes a difference to already amazing acceleration numbers.
That's what Dragtimes is for! He runs all kinds of tests, including how the car performs at different SOCs. He gets his car this week.

2.18 SECONDS TO 60 WITHOUT ROLLOUT SUBTRACTED! šŸ˜

SUB 2 SECOND 0-60 WITH ROLLOUT SUBTRACTED! (Rollout is usually 0.2 seconds.)
(The running dragy overlay always quotes 0-60 without rollout subtracted.)
ON THE STREET!!!!!
Pretty impressive.. Iā€™m guessing 9.1 or better on a prepped surface. Maybe Tesla should hire situation plaid instead of using Motor Trend to get future performance numbers.

Those without a VIN, howā€™re yā€™all holding it together?
Totally fine. But then again, I didnā€™t expect a Plaid/Plaid+ until late-2021 (and then mid-2022). Iā€™m just very curious when I wouldā€™ve gotten a VIN had I chosen 21ā€ wheels from the start (I havenā€™t received a call asking me if Iā€™m interested in upgrading to get faster delivery).

And, another breathtaking video - below is Randy Pobst's winning Pikes Peak climb run (starting about 5 minutes into the vid).

You can tell there's a fair bit of power oversteer on corner exit as Randy steps on the accelerator. Then he gets a little more trigger-shy above the tree line (snow on the side of the road, and very scary cliffs with dire consequences if he exited the road, so totally understandable!)

Enjoy the 7 minutes of adrenaline:

2.18 SECONDS TO 60 WITHOUT ROLLOUT SUBTRACTED! šŸ˜

SUB 2 SECOND 0-60 WITH ROLLOUT SUBTRACTED! (Rollout is usually 0.2 seconds.)
(The running dragy overlay always quotes 0-60 without rollout subtracted.)
ON THE STREET!!!!!
Truly unbelievable. My dragy is going to live in my car, but I wonā€™t be going balls out like this guy. Iā€™m pretty sure the police will be looking for him šŸ˜¬ The old man inside me is shaking my fist and yelling slow down you hooligan and Iā€™m only in my 30ā€™s šŸ˜‚

When I had my BMWā€™s my family commented how nice the service waiting area was compared to the waiting area for my daughters Kia(sofa and vending machine). In hindsight I have to admit I was in the BMW service area several times a year(once to replace a $130 turbo oil feed pipe that was $2500 labor). I suppose it had better be nice. My daughters Kia? Once in 8 years for a warranty fix that they gave us a loaner for. Do I enjoy driving the Kia, absolutely not. But I am impressed by their durability and features for a $25,000 car(and it has ventilated seats)

I owned BMWs (6 speed manuals only, thank you very much, you heathens) and I spent a LOT of time getting belts fixed and tracking down oil leaks and such. Service was nice but service was often and expensive. At one point I realized my annualized outlay was more than a monthly payment. A friend of mine once said that the way he knew BMW cared was that they would spare no expense attempting to fix your car. ;)

Driving the cars was awesome, but everything else was suboptimal to say the least (well, their carbon black (was actually a deep dark blue), may still be be prettiest color Iā€™ve ever seen on a car).

Anyway, yes.

If I the Tesla and service and communication still stink, I will wait for someone to catch up rather than go throgh this process again. I have other cars so I can wait them out.
i am really excited about having my first EV and Tesla. For a sedan, the car seems fantastic. It mover me away from a Benz S class for a lot less money.
Posted by a yet to be first time Tesla owner. I'm not saying your opinion or tolerance will change after owning the car; only saying that mine did.