Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, happy to ask. Mine is on a truck which is about to arrive to the dealer any second, they just called me and asked if I wanted to take delivery today at 5pm. Which of course I said yes to. What I do know is this is a truck full of LR MS’s coming directly from Fremont.
That’s amazing, congrats on ordering with 21s.. I’ve been waiting since Sept 2020.. I replaced initial order with regular plaid order in March, then started a new order in late May because the site showed June. That didn’t work out so well.

100% this! After all, we’re only a small subset of Tesla’s customer base. Are we to extrapolate that Tesla’s policies are the problem instead of looking inward, huh? What if this forum was complaining about being kicked in the genitalia. Surely we would need more data to confirm that people do not like that
LOL, yes we must look within. Think what we may (and I'm really not defending Tesla here, a forum) FB groups, Reddit...none of our data is empirical. Meaning it is absolutely possible that Tesla monitors the threshold of a CS investment vs the ROI on that investment. There's a LOT of people out there buying Tesla's that are not on this forum.

Furthermore, I've had no better experience than Tesla with any other brand, including MB, BMW, McLaren, and many others (Porsche actually went WAY above and beyond for me once). Therefore I'm hugely in the minority in this group. Or, it may be the case that I'm not in the minority at all and many people have a similar experience. Or it can be as simple as Tesla CS sucks and will bite them in the butt down the road. But I suspect there's more behind the scenes than we know.

I don't really know because I don't have the data. All I'm saying is that nobody here actually knows based on empirical data. Frankly, I've had 3 excellent purchasing experiences with Tesla in 8 months and would rank those experiences at or above any with the brands I've mentioned above.

I have a 2017 MS. I cannot think of a single feature or attribute the Model 3 has that my car does not have, As far as I know, the Model 3 does not have air suspension or a powered rear hatch. There is no center display, I believe it has a smaller battery. It does not even have key fobs. My car has a sunroof (not available on any Tesla now).

I am certainly looking forward to a more deluxe car with my new MS LR. But what is more deluxe in any Model 3?
There are some obvious Model 3 advantages to older S. Charging at 250kw is a big deal.. better heat management for track use etc.

Thats really sad to hear! I think this kinda wait is worse than what we have been through. You know it will get delivered anytime and yet it keeps getting pushed further. I hope you get it soon! Today. Thank god I’m retired.
Cancelled doctor and soci appointments Sunday then yesterday and now today

Selling my 2016 P100D back in March was such a bad decision.... 2 days later... delays etc.. I’ve been driving ice ever since and I’m not a happy camper. Just wish I kept my P100D until I had the plaid. Also wish I ordered with 21s and I wouldn’t be complaining right now hah
Just looked at current P100D prices., Lmao to make it even worse, the P100D I sold in early March would be worth $10k more today. Someone please just shoot me 🙃

I'm wondering - I think and it has been widely said, that Tesla is trying to max out revenue for Q2 - but then why are they shipping outside of California, to the east coast, etc.? If they were REALLY trying to get the most cars into hands as quickly as possible, wouldn't they ship to CA only, then neighboring states, and lastly, if they had cars that didn't match what was ordered, push further out?
I'm wondering if there is indeed still a shortage of parts - tons of cars at the lots, but also, maybe they're using distant logistics (trucking companies) to help show they are making deliveries, but avoid revealing they are not getting as many cars to SCs as they could if there weren't shortages?
I don't know what is involved in getting the cars on the trains, which I think are the usual shipping methods (I think I read cheaper, less damage, etc.) - so if they had a backlog of cars to move out, yeah, train, truck, carrier pigeon, whatever - but with a truck transport - how many can you get on one of those - 10? 8? so maybe they ship the "max" amount of cars on transports they can - say 200 at a time with all the trucks, versus train cars that could hold how many cars - 40 each? more?
Let's say a truck can carry 10 cars (whether S, 3, or a combination - and let's say from CA to NY takes what, 5 days? longer? and then do they get that trailer back, or do they have constantly rotating drivers and trailers? I have no idea, but if SAME truck trailer, that would be then what, another 5 days (empty) - so roughly 10 cars in 10 days. maybe less cars in more days.
That could help explain/justify a bottleneck, versus parts shortages. I think we're beyond issues and tweaks slowing things down, but I think I read the 19" wheels aren't even being mass produced yet?
just wondering. Not saying conspiracy, but saying if I was responsible with maximizing number of cars sold/delivered, I'd minimize the shipping.

You're in South Florida. We will be the last on the SouthEast delivery list always. Why? I'm informed that all SouthEast US cars come by rail to Birmingham, then by truck to destination. When there is a major push or new demand cars go first to the delivery points closest to Birmingham. I took delivery of my P85D from Atlanta for that reason.

Orlando is receiving Plaids, as are other Florida locations easier by truck than is Broward and Miami-Dade, maybe even WPB might even come earlier than us. The easier solution might be to ask if delivery in North Florida might help.
It wouldn't bother me to take delivery in Orlando, Gainesville, or Georgia...i wouldn't care. Problem is, i literally have no one to talk to. I haven't heard from Tesla since maybe February? I tried texting local SA and no surprise, zero response.

Wpb, Dania, Miami....i have to think those 3 centers deliver an enormous amount of vehicles. Surprising to see the lack of love

It wouldn't bother me to take delivery in Orlando, Gainesville, or Georgia...i wouldn't care. Problem is, i literally have no one to talk to. I haven't heard from Tesla since maybe February? I tried texting local SA and no surprise, zero response.

Wpb, Dania, Miami....i have to think those 3 centers deliver an enormous amount of vehicles. Surprising to see the lack of love
Add Boca to the list; I believe I'm supposed to take delivery in Boca Raton but can't remember if I chose Boca or WPB. And no, I don't have a VIN yet...likely Aug delivery. Ugh. But yeah, I agree with you although it's already been reported that Tesla WPB already received several Plaids that were already delivered.