Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. I am having some delivery delays in my opinion I shouldnt be so far back in line.
As Sam’s source pointed out, there is no line right now, it’s just madness. As we get into Q3, I think the priority queue will start to have an impact, but that’s why you/I/others didn’t get anything in Q2 because there is no line for EoQ.

Don’t be someone who reserved the roadster during the 2017 hype, be someone who bought a Plaid because it exists.
Lesson learned.

Another factor to consider is where does Tesla actually sit on a spectrum of CS?
100% this! After all, we’re only a small subset of Tesla’s customer base. Are we to extrapolate that Tesla’s policies are the problem instead of looking inward, huh? What if this forum was complaining about being kicked in the genitalia. Surely we would need more data to confirm that people do not like that

I have one of the "freaking joke" cars and I disagree completely with your bad take. Not only is a P3D not even comparable to an S for a plethora of reasons here are just a sample of the things my joke of a car comes with that the latest Teslas DON'T.

I've driven a 2019 and 2020 S and couldn't fathom paying $$$ to upgrade. Same with this iteration. I went with an X because there isn't enough daylight between my S and the newest ones. A bit more range but I lose so much:

1. Real leather (everywhere). Its pretty sweet and has aged really nicely (it keeps getting better actually).

2. Recaro made next-gen v2 seats (still better than any in-house Tesla seat).

3. Alcantara everywhere (no plastic or cloth). Even off-white alcantara headliner that I have isn't offered at all. Combined with the all glass roof, the light headliner is expansive. The material is awesome and looks new 4.5 years later even after mango pouch explosions, etc (kid hauler). Seriously like new and wipes clean with water and some dawn if needed. Mud just wipes out. Can vacuum the dash since it is mostly alcatara.

4. Spring suspension -- I know some people consider it a downgrade but I had the choice to go air and opted for spring. I will say that the latest suspension seems nice and I'm looking forward to it with my LR X but nothing compares to springs.

5. Customizability -- back in the day the S was way more customizable. My wife and I got EXACTLY the car we wanted without paying a dime more for stuff we didn't value. The only option I wish we got was the rear facing seats but I am continually building up the courage to retrofit that myself (sourcing parts is the biggest issue but my service center is willing to either do it for me or source me the parts now). With an X on order, I don't have to bother but it is an awesome feature for older S cars.

6. Free everything. I can't stress how cool it is not to pay for supercharging or premium data. It might not financially be a big savings (though I do rack up miles and $10/mo adds up for data (still, ~$400 after the free first year isn't moving the needle with $90k in).

7. FSD. I've got the same AP hardware and entitled to upgrades to make FSD work. So no matter what that aspect of my car will match the latest ones and that's unique to have acquired for a 4.5 year old vehicle.

There definitely are a LOT of things that have improved (we do get wind noise at highway speed but our car has no rattles or anything, HVAC is acceptable but I believe that is much improved now, and a heat pump would be greatly appreciated) but like deciding between LR v. plaid, my cost benefit hasn't tipped with a "freaking joke" car versus the (apparently) only finally acceptable S being delivered now.

I think your knowledge of the older S cars probably is limited. I wish I could've gotten the yacht floor instead of a center console. That was classy and was dropped before I ordered. I wish they'd bring that option back again but I think the rear HVAC tunnel is in there now.
My car betta than yo car......vroom vroom lol you can disagree with it and that's okay. I understand calling older Model S a "freaking joke" hit a nerve with you but you have to understand it's coming from a good place. I think Tesla did not treat the Model S/X owners right by offering superior things in Model 3 and now Y. And they chose to sit on it for over 8 years without any significant changes, but they were quick to make enhanced changes and offer features to 3/Y owners at fraction of the cost. I understand your love for older model S but the truth is majority of people are and were in the same boat after test driving older model S. It certainly seemed like paying more for less when it came to comparing model S with 3 back in 2018. I do think my knowledge of S cars is limited compared to you, however, my opinion is based on test driving older model S (multiple variants) multiple times and then driving a 2020 raven variant. It's okay, we can agree to disagree here.
But that Free Supercharging though! Now that is Awesome!

Tesla just called me and said they have a white Plaid for me at my SC but it has the wood and not CF like I ordered. I declined their offer and will continue to wait. They had no other updates on my order other than saying they are supposed to ramp up production next month and that some color/config combinations seem to be coming before others. They have only received around 12 and most were Black or MSM.

I’ll post the interior when I have some time. They kept it indoors so I could inspect without it being in the rain.

also: if anyone in Chicagoland wants a Model S Plaid/Blue/Cream/21” wheels immediately, they have one and are looking for a buyer in the next two days.

edit: it is in the Naperville store.
you are about to take delivery of a LR with a white interior? Phoooooooooootooooooooooooos

Was told: Mass production of the 19" wheel will not start until July. Most likely 2nd week. First deliveries thereafter, major push in August.
Any of your sources tell you why some Plaids (look at my build...yes white ext, yes white seats with yes, carbon fiber) cannot be built & delivered in July instead of waiting until August? I mean it's not as if there are no white seats at the factory as we've seats some Plaids be delivered with white seats and same goes go the carbon fiber interior trim...seen many cars with carbon fiber getting VINs and being delivered. In fact, Brooks from DragTimes.com got his VIN and is picking up his Red w/ Black/CF Plaid sometime in the next week or two. Thank you!

That's gross. I'd rather see the car's interior.

1624983123265.png

Tesla approves within a few minutes, but to @cwanja s point, its farmed out - could be US Bank, BOA... Going directly with BOA will take longer to process. I got a much better rate 1.9 vs 2.49. Caveat here. Tesla locks in for 90 days. So I was told. BOA is only 30 (+3 days buffer). So for me it's mute on BOA until I get a firm delivery date?
I applied twice. The first time for little money. It was approved in less than an hour. The second time for more. It took a week.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
My car betta than yo car......vroom vroom lol you can disagree with it and that's okay. I understand calling older Model S a "freaking joke" hit a nerve with you but you have to understand it's coming from a good place. I think Tesla did not treat the Model S/X owners right by offering superior things in Model 3 and now Y. And they chose to sit on it for over 8 years without any significant changes, but they were quick to make enhanced changes and offer features to 3/Y owners at fraction of the cost. I understand your love for older model S but the truth is majority of people are and were in the same boat after test driving older model S. It certainly seemed like paying more for less when it came to comparing model S with 3 back in 2018. I do think my knowledge of S cars is limited compared to you, however, my opinion is based on test driving older model S (multiple variants) multiple times and then driving a 2020 raven variant. It's okay, we can agree to disagree here.
But that Free Supercharging though! Now that is Awesome!
I have a 2017 MS. I cannot think of a single feature or attribute the Model 3 has that my car does not have, As far as I know, the Model 3 does not have air suspension or a powered rear hatch. There is no center display, I believe it has a smaller battery. It does not even have key fobs. My car has a sunroof (not available on any Tesla now).

I am certainly looking forward to a more deluxe car with my new MS LR. But what is more deluxe in any Model 3?

Reactions: Greg29 and croman
If possible, please ask if they have delivered any refresh with 19s.
Yep, happy to ask. Mine is on a truck which is about to arrive to the dealer any second, they just called me and asked if I wanted to take delivery today at 5pm. Which of course I said yes to. What I do know is this is a truck full of LR MS’s coming directly from Fremont. My guess is I just got lucky based on configuration which includes black exterior, cream interior and 21’ wheels.

Yep, happy to ask. Mine is on a truck which is about to arrive to the dealer any second, they just called me and asked if I wanted to take delivery today at 5pm. Which of course I said yes to. What I do know is this is a truck full of LR MS’s coming directly from Fremont. My guess is I just got lucky based on configuration which includes black exterior, cream interior and 21’ wheels.
Would you mind driving there now, taking a pic of the truck, showing 19's with CF, red, plaid that they will tell you is on its way to Devon, PA?

Thank you kindly.

Oh yeah, cream interior as well.